A Fashionably Fun Collection

fashionablefun

Although I’ve previously posted these first four photos in the Freestyle Fashion thread, I decided to start a new thread with numbered pictures. I’ve shot over 20 photos of my footwear collection and decided it would be helpful to reference each with a number. I’m posting a few at a time, as I get them ready. Inasmuch as I’m interested in the total look, I’ve shot photos that show how each shoe or boot coordinates with the rest of the outfit. Some I’ve mentioned before on the board and I’ll link back to my original posts when appropriate. I’ve worn everything you see in public many times, although I mix them up with other genderless footwear.

Nine West ankle boot, blood red, size 10.5, bought about 1.5 years ago. I mentioned the purchase in this post:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=74451#74451

Also talked about these same boots in a post about shopping for jeans:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=74731#74731

Posted Image

My attempt at walking ‘catwalk style’ in the same boots:

Posted Image

Antonio Melani (Dillard’s house brand) tall boot, tan, size 10, 2 years old. I posted an interesting exchange about these boots when I visited my dry cleaner here: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=85659#85659

Also mentioned these same boots in a post about eating out in a fast-food restaurant:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=72897#72897

Posted Image

Here’s the kind of thing I wear anywhere, with anybody. Banana Republic ankle boot, black, size 10, about 3 years old

Posted Image

This is a new purchase, Nine West stiletto pumps, dark brown, size 11. I shot this photo just before wearing this exact outfit to an outdoor shopping mall Saturday evening: Seven jeans, a white blazer from Express, white knit shirt and the pumps. I’m little less confident wearing pumps than boots, but I’m getting better. While walking up and down the length of the shopping mall I thought about Kneehighs recent video clip. It was about the same time in the evening and there were a lot of people around, but no one was actually paying any attention to what I was wearing. It would have been fun to see a video of me. I stopped outside a new women’s shoe store. I was interested in going in to see out what they had, and perhaps generate a comment on my own footwear, but I chickened out when I noted the number of male shoppers inside the store. I’m more confident with females. I came back again later, but the store had closed by then. The whole time, I saw only one person, turn back to get a second glance at me. I also wore this same outfit to lunch the other day, which I mentioned in an earlier post:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=110271#110271

Posted Image

These are another pair of Nine West ankle boots, size 10.5, black, same model as the red boots in photos 1 and 2. I’ve worn these out and about many times, including to the hairstylist mentioned above, more often with jeans, but occasionally with dressy trousers as shown here. I previously spoke about these boots in long post about shopping in a high-end SoCal mall:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=84925#84925

And again while standing in line at Wal-Mart:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=78746#78746

Posted Image

Here’s a casual outfit with a pair of plain cowboy boots, exactly as I wore to work last week: Bakers brand, tan, size 11. Bakers is the women’s shoe store found in many malls. I tried these on in the store as I generally do when shopping for footwear. I was debating between these and a pair of stiletto cowboy boots. The female sales associates recommended these. Although perhaps not as high fashion, I like them and can wear them anywhere. I also mentioned these boots in an earlier “Good Comments from Women” post about a visit to my hairstylist:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=105703#105703

Posted Image

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so many different outfits to choose from. My personal favorite would be the shoes from 5 with the outfit from 6. 4 and 7 are outstanding stepping stones general public consumption and overall, all your pics look great. Great stories to go with each outfit too!~ Good job.

Lemme know when you make it to nyc, we can party at the Buddha Bar , which is new yorks new hotspot.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Love the 9west red boots, so smart & stylish, goes well with the look. Rest are cool, but the reds take it for me. So then, this Buddah Bar, no Lebanese Blond by Thievery Corporation in the music line up? Shame... Still wanna go though!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

fashionablefun - your outfits look truly inspirational. I hope to push the envelope a bit more with stilletto boots in the autumn. I really must get myself some black stilletto pumps soon. I really wanna buy a decent pair. I also have Mary-Janes and courts that need at lot wearing out and about. (Hmmm....on earlier shifts this week and next, so can possibly go into Central London in the evening.... :roll: ) I have also been categorising my freestyling outfits (when I take pictures that is) and some pics have been posted in the freestyle thread. It's good as it gives us something to work on and provide inspiration to others. Reminds me, must get some jeans taken up so I can wear them with my heels.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

These are a good choice, when I want something fashionably heeled, but not stilettoed (is that a word?). They are pointed, with a nearly 4 inch heel which is thin, but not chunky, but with an outsole. I wear these most anywhere. Not long ago to lunch with a relative. Of course, not even noticed. They are Candies brand, black, size 10, purchased at Macy’s a couple years ago.

Posted Image

I thought a photo on my vintage Vespa would look cool. These are a pair of Nine West high boots, with a center seam in front, (not really visible in this shot) as opposed to numbers 1 and 6 (which are both Nine West ankle boots without a center seam). These are about 3 years old and an early move away from the chunkier styled boots that were more popular before (which I still have, but don’t wear much).

Posted Image

Here’s a little action shot of something Heel-D might like: a pair of flats from Nordstrom (house brand), red, size 11. I remember wearing these to lunch last summer, when someone sat near me and introduced herself, saying she recognized me from another occasion she saw me with someone she knew. Her unusual outgoing personality made me wonder if she was going to say something about my footwear. But she didn’t. I suppose that’s only normal.

Posted Image

Fashionablefun:-) I like pic number 9. Good looking outfit. I rode on a vespa motorscooter like that back when it was new. It belonged to a friend of mine. The first thing that he ask me was if I had ever rode on one before. When I said no---he popped a wheelie with both of us on it. I never rode with him after that until he got a car. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Here’s a little action shot of something Heel-D might like: a pair of flats from Nordstrom (house brand), red, size 11.

And I do! Great inspiring pictures and story. I will be freestyling this weekend now - your story has given me much enthusiasm!

I love each and every one of your photos - my faves being 10 (no surpises) and 9 (the jeans and blazer combo make for a sharp outfit which is nicely finished with the boots). You are showing the world how guys can freestyle, with flare, style and grace. I will look at them when I need inspiration and for when I need a little confidence boost for freestyling in public (which is growing each time!).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hi!

Although I’ve previously posted these first four photos in the Freestyle Fashion thread, ...

Shame on me I didn't discover this thread until today. Pretty good pictures! I do really love the outfits, especially the one with the tan/brown cowboy boots. I wish I could have a version of those with 4.5" or even 5" heels in matte black. That would then be me favourite daily footwear.

CU!

-Mike

Thanks for the nice comments. I’ve got more (quite a few more, actually).

This is a heeled loafer by Bandolino, black, size 11, with a rounded toe, worn here with a suit from Express. The round toe gives it rather normal appearance from the front, although making a rather small footprint. I like the look, though. I’ve worn these shopping at the mall and even sat down with crossed legs, allowing everything to be easily observed. As is typical, however, nobody seemed to notice. Posted Image

The winter before last I was obsessed with a desire for a low-heeled boot. I found these at Nordstorm department store. They’re a Stuart Weitzman, black, ankle boot, with an unusual splayed heel shape. As I often do, I saw them first but came back on another day to try them on. When trying on shoes in the store, I prefer to choose my outfit for the day, appropriate for the shoes I’m interested in. I figure it’s unusual enough for the sales associate; I ought to try to make the whole outfit work together. I came back to Nordstorm wearing the same pair of long dressy trousers shown here. I got the attention of young, attractive female sales associate and asked if they had them in a size 10. She brought them out and I simply said, “I’d like to try them on”. She helped me do so, but they were a little tight, which is often the case with size 10’s for me. But inasmuch as larger sizes are not always stocked, I like to start with a 10, because sometimes they work. The sales associate said she’d be happy to order me in a 10.5 or 11, without obligation and I could come back later. I said, sure and gave her my phone number. A couple weeks later she called and they were in and I went in and tried on both sizes and walked out with the 11. The interesting thing about a shorter heel, as I think Kneehighs pointed out once, is that they actually show more so than a higher heel. But their a nice alternative to 4 inchers.

Stuart Weitzman

Posted Image

Here’s an easily worn ankle boot, Candies, tan, size 10. The square toe and block heel make them pretty innocuous, in my opinion. On the other hand, I was wearing them in an American Eagle clothing store on one occasion, when a teenage female asked me the “Are you gay?” question. To which I responded, “No, why do you ask?” She said, “Oh, I don’t know, I ask a lot of people.” I was certainly going to act as if everything was absolutely normal. We just went on with our mutual shopping.

Posted Image

Fashionablefun -

Great look!

The boots really go well with the rest of your outfits.

The description that “nobody seemed to notice” is probably because they saw a nicely dressed guy that projected confidence. Once that registered very few are going to go after the details. The ones that do would probably appreciate that the boots went into making up the look.

I might be wrong and what really happened is that almost everyone noticed but it didn’t bother them at all. The few that it would have bothered probably stayed home that day. :roll:

Isn’t having a salesgirl help you buy boots a real hoot?

Again, great look, and thanks for posting the pictures.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I bought these at Aldo’s. I went in to the store last winter and saw two pairs of boots that I was interested in. Both of them black, tall boots, both with a stiletto heels. I asked to try them on in a 10, but one of two I couldn’t even get my foot inside and the other was too tight for comfort. The female sales associate said larger sizes were available on their website and I could return them to the store if they didn’t work out. So I ordered both pairs online. When the boots came in, I decided I only truly liked the pair you see here. I thought it might be interesting to wear my preferred boots back to the store as I returned the unwanted pair. I did so and while there, proudly pointed to the pair I was wearing, explaining that I was keeping these. The two female sales associates seemed to think nothing of the situation, but a male sales associate was fascinated by my footwear. Though he never said anything, he followed me around the store, looking at my feet the entire time and was still catching glimpses as I left the store and strolled into the shopping mall. They’re a Euro size 41. They have a 4-inch heel, but the outsole gives them a more androgynous appearance. Here worn with Seven jeans, T-shirt and black jacket.

Posted Image

Seeing all these wonderful photos makes me think that someday some fashion bug is gonna come through here and then perhaps the light bulb will dawn on them that "Hey! Heels for men is IN!" Then again.......we've known that for a loooooooooooong time, haven't we? :roll:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Your choice of clothes and footwear are an inspiration to us all you coordinate your outfit and a natural way and it is quite clear you like what you wear and you feel great in it and that projects on the enviorment around you - THAT IS WHAT FREESTYLING IS TO ME ! 10/10 :roll:

fashionablefun, You have great taste in heels and clothes, looks really put together.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great looking Boots.

david

I bought these at Aldo’s. I went in to the store last winter and saw two pairs of boots that I was interested in. Both of them black, tall boots, both with a stiletto heels. I asked to try them on in a 10, but one of two I couldn’t even get my foot inside and the other was too tight for comfort. The female sales associate said larger sizes were available on their website and I could return them to the store if they didn’t work out. So I ordered both pairs online. When the boots came in, I decided I only truly liked the pair you see here. I thought it might be interesting to wear my preferred boots back to the store as I returned the unwanted pair. I did so and while there, proudly pointed to the pair I was wearing, explaining that I was keeping these. The two female sales associates seemed to think nothing of the situation, but a male sales associate was fascinated by my footwear. Though he never said anything, he followed me around the store, looking at my feet the entire time and was still catching glimpses as I left the store and strolled into the shopping mall. They’re a Euro size 41. They have a 4-inch heel, but the outsole gives them a more androgynous appearance. Here worn with Seven jeans, T-shirt and black jacket.

Posted Image

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"