You know you're a high heel addict when ...

HighBoots

- The high heels become natural extensions of your feet, and wearing flats becomes unnatural. - You're in your shower and wonder what that clicking sound is everytime you move ... - What is tearing my bed sheats every night ? I really can't affort to buy new ones every day ! - You automatically duck when passing a door (this one is for me, I had problems with doors because I'm naturally tall :smile:) - Any other ideas ? <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HighBoots on 2002-06-11 12:14 ]</font> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HighBoots on 2002-06-11 12:15 ]</font>

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dead easy: When a drop-dead gorgeous girl walks by and the first thing you look at, and notice, and ask yourself, is what does she have on her feet?! _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-11 12:22 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

When you redesign your work place any way you can so you don't hit your head on anything ever again. It happened to me, we had a new shelf put in near a doorway, and of course I have been going higher and higher, and I walked into it in a bad way a few times. more, let me think You know you're a high heeled addict when... You your sister thinks you are overdressed for doing laundry. When you try to plan your outfit around what goes on your feet. You walk past a shoe store and end up staring in the window for ten minutes. You complain that everything the shoe store has is ugly. You find two inch heels worse than wearing flats. I'll leave it there, no need for overkill...

Nothing wrong with planning your wardrobe around your heels! :grin: I've been guilty of doing that one! * When you convert extra closets in your house into shoe racks. * When your co-workers give you weird stares for wearing flats. * When your living room looks more like a shoe store than a living room. :smile: Enjoy!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I haven no more to add but I can find my self in manny of those statements, like, - When a drop-dead gorgeous girl walks by and the first thing you look at, and notice, and ask yourself, is what does she have on her feet?! Actualy anny girl. - When you walk in the street, the first thing you look on other people are their shoes. - When you walk in the street, a clicking sound on the pavement makes your head turn immediately, and just can't watch anything but this ! - If you are sitting in a bar and only looking at the floor for nice shoes, - If your friend told you to look to a pritty girl who is just walking by when you alraedy haven seen the shoes and not her face or apearance.

When your wife gets concerned that you are going to have more shoes than she dose. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

On 2002-06-11 22:20, ShockQueen wrote:

* When you convert extra closets in your house into shoe racks.

I'm converting a room of my house into a 'shoe shrine'.

Also: You can't help looking in floor-level reflective surfaces at your own shoes, even when you know you've got trainers on...

You navigate shopping malls by shoe shops.

Oh, and you spend your evenings talking about shoes with 200 people on the Internet (does that count :smile: ?)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

When the front bumper of your car is crunched because you were watching someones heels. (been too close for comfort at times anyway)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

When choosing a place to sit down you look where you can see the most foot traffic possible.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

As you plan your itenerary for the following week, you think things like "OK, so that's past Thurrock's shopping malls on Wednesday evening, and that Brantano near Spaghetti junction off the M6 Thursday evening, and perhaps, if there's time, popping into Freeport on Friday night" ...and then manage it. (I'm disappointed because my appointment tomorrow was postponed, so I'm missing out on Thurrock :smile: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

...When you deliberately drive your lorry up a busy High Street because you know that a lot of the locals wear heels and that there are several yummy shoe shops. ...Your wife points out people in heels to you in case you've missed them. ...When you move house and more than half the boxes contain nothing but heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

....when your idea of casual Friday footwear at the office are three inch heeled pumps! But then, I wear them at the office EVERY day! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 2002-06-22 13:03, JeffB wrote:

....when your idea of casual Friday footwear at the office are three inch heeled pumps!

But then, I wear them at the office EVERY day! :smile:

Three inches? Why so low? :grin:

I won't pick on you, but I do tend to wear four and five inch heels on Fridays. But then, that's how I like it.

Two reasons----one: three inchers are most comfortable for all day wear at the office. Two: that's the highest I can find in 13 wide! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

- When you choose your TV programs to watch based on a chance to see highheels in them; - When you watch music videos which you hate but still watch because the performers wear highheels; - When you in public transportation you choose a seat best for viewing all passengers’ shoes; - When you make excuses to consult your co-workers who wear highheels - When you choose magazines to buy based on the front page with a hh-model :smile:

HH forever!

"when friends invite you to go ten pin bowling your response is " no thanks, Im not going to wear bowling shoes no matter what" When talking to women, always drop something so you can get a good look at her heels When travelling on a double decker train, always sit downstairs so you can see the heels at each station

- when you notice a women on the street with great legs and sexy shoes and you abandon your original destination to walk behind her just to admire such a thing of beauty walking down the sidewalk and subsequently find yourself 10 blocks from work, late - when you consider shoe dangling to be a valid form of entertainment - when you buy high heels for the woman in your life knowing she couldn't possibly wear them outside the house - when you find yourself looking at the hot shoes of a woman you don't find the least bit attractive other than her shoes - when you spot a woman with great pair of shoes waiting at the bus stop, so you stand off to the side for 20 minutes staring (discretely) until she gets on the bus too sleepy to continue hope I don't sound like some freakish stalker guy :smile:

- When you plan vacations near great shoes stored you have heard or read about. - When you judge people by their footwear. - As a man, when Payless is on your shopping list along with a hardware store.

• 1 month later...