International Heel Meet: Amsterdam, Saturday, Aug. 12th

kneehighs

Special thanks goes out to my friend micha for attempting to promote the hhplace heel meet as well. :roll:

I didn't know you did that micha, or I would have included you in the original list.

This was probably the biggest team effort ever in promoting heel meets at hhplace.

For the record, I put a post on www.crossdressers.com, but added that we wear heels en drabbe:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36707

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special thanks goes out to my friend micha for attempting to promote the hhplace heel meet as well. :roll:

I didn't know you did that micha, or I would have included you in the original list.

This was probably the biggest team effort ever in promoting heel meets at hhplace.

For the record, I put a post on www.crossdressers.com, but added that we wear heels en drabbe:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36707

It was much more a sad good bye from the german high heels forum. But sometimes such good byes are inevitable - I couldn't accept their forum politics anymore.

I'm pleased to meet again! My friend Jan has called me this morning, he will come together with me to Amsterdam. We are still pondering about a hotel in Amsterdam or simply a camping site at the northern sea like Zandvoort or Wijk aan Zee.

But we will see us definetely in the new coffee shop in Amsterdam at saturday morning :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thats fantastic micha! Looking forward to seeing the two of you again.

Here's a final weekend synopsis:

THUR: ramon020 and I meet for dinner at 6:00 at Five Flies

Spuistraat 294-302

+31 (0)20 530 40 60

FRI: admirer5577 and I will be running around the city. If you are in town and would like to reach us, please pm me. admirer will be carrying his cell phone which can accept calls from Europe and I can give you that number in a pm. Or leave a message for Craig from New York City with the front desk at the Winston Hotel: +31 (0) 20 623 13 80

SAT: meet details are in the first post in this thread.

SUN: if anyone wants to run around Amsterdam together, we can discuss that at the meet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in AMS!

Woohoo, I'm packed and ready to leave! :roll:

Hi Kneehighs,

naturally I haven't packed my suitcase yet . It's my destination to be always too late, but there was still some work to do.

Jan and me we will start tomorrow at noon. We have decided to look for a camping site at the sea. At least enough time to have a lazy day after long sleeping at friday, to take a bath in the sea and to drive in the afternoon to Amsterdam for first impressions and research for our saturday morning meeting point.

nice greetings

micha

Have a good time all you guys.. and take lots of pictures for us non-attendees. Hope all you air travellers all get to the meet OK as air travel isn't too clever here in the UK today. Have a great time. Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Please take your umbrellas with you, it's gonna be a turbulent weekend! :D

Posted Image

http://www.weathernews.nl/freedata/radarbig.gif

Sometimes it's necessary to make the best from the worst! At least it will be a pretty overknees wheather :evil:

micha

@calf: I was pondering the whole day, how to discriminate between quite normal muslim immigrants and stubborn fanatics. Sometimes I'm thinking: stop finally the islamic immigration and push all muslims off. But on the other side these immigrants are often themselves victims of their intolerant home countries. Many of them emigrated because they wanted to live in freedom and peace. Even against their religious belief in a christian country. I know personally two guys from Syria and Pakistan who don't care that I'm wearing high heels. But I don't know really if they are upright. Everyone could be a secrete terrorist.

That's exactly the strategy of the terrorists: every muslim should be suspicious in our society. He will be treated like a potential terrorist and after a while he is fed up with this unjustice and eventually joining the terrorists. The same strategy like the Hezbollah is using. They are placing the launching sites for their Katyusha rockets in quarters of big towns or in small villages. If airplanes from Israel are bombing these sites there is at once a video in the media about massacered children. A lot of crying wifes are complaining the death of their innocent children. But often there is a picture of Nazrallah in the background. The Hezbollah could be sure to get a wave of new sympathisants.

I have a lot of sympathy for Israel. It's not easy to defend your country against fanatic terrorists.

Allthough the weather was very bad at saturday at the heelmeet it was a very interesting day (my first heelmeet).

heel%20meet%<em class=20amsterdam/meetingamsterdam006.jpg' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

Kneehighs, admirer 5577 and Robert

Posted Image

At the Nieuwezijds voorburgwal, admirer5577,Robert and Kneehighs.

Posted Image

At shopping mall Magna plaza to rest for a while.

Posted Image

Kneehighs busy with taking pictures of ladies and men on heels.

We had a little tour to see some shoeshops and had a drink later at a spanish tapas bar. Then It started to rain like a tropical shower. It didn't stop anymore. I had to leave earlier cause I went to a theater in the hague to see the Musical "The lion king".Later at night I met admirer5577 and kneehighs again and we went out to cafe De Kroon and after that to the Supper Club.

At sunday admirer 5577,kneehighs and me met again and this time the weather was beautiful. We didn't expect this. We went to a luxurous shopping street to see another shoeshop. After that we went to the Vondelpark to see what was going on there and to relax a little bit.

Posted Image

Kneehighs and admirer 5577 relaxing in the vondelpark

Later we made some little videoclips for heelmeet promotion on the website and noticed reactions of people while walking on heels.That was interesting! Had a drink again on a terrace next to one of the canals waiting 45 min for some dutch meatballs that did'nt arrive at all and had dinner at my favourite restaurant where we ate Ostrich. Tired but satisfied of our great meeting we had to say goodbye unfortunately . Looking forward now to our next meeting in october in New York City!!!

hallo,

it was a same about the weather, to much rain specialy in the afternoon. We where sitting under a sunscreem which had changed in to a rainscreem for over a hour. But we were sitting outside and have our drinks and some food. And even some ladies from a wedding party past by in nice high heels sandalets and dresses. On the way back to the hotels, train and car we came towards a few other members of that weddingparty. Like us not happy with the heavy rain.

But I am happy for kneehighs and admire5577 that the sunday was a nice sunny day to spend more time to look arround in Amsterdam an enjoy the people.

And for my wearing my cowgirl boots with 5" heels nicely coverd by the jeans, so not many people noticed exept a shopping lady at a store for bigshoe sides when I lift my jeans to give her a glimp of the heel when leaving the shop. I don't wait for her reaction or the look of her face.

Posted Image Posted Image

And in my backpack a pair of balletheels to let Micha a try of them. But unfortunealy when we left the restaurant in the morniig at the dam "'t nieuwe kafe" 11:45 and walk arround the dam we where with the 6 of us, Kneehighs, Ramon020, Robert, Admire5577, Herman and my A3. and with this small group we had nice talk to get to know more about each other. Not bad, but worse was the weather. And at my home 15 km north-west of Amsterdam it had only rained a bit 5 mm, not a drop in the afternoon when we had rain like a tropic moesson.

Perhaps more luck in another heelmeet,

go on heeling

A3

Hi guys i'm very sorry that we didn't make it and i think i did't have the guts to do it this time because i'm not ready for it. My girlfriend did encourrage me to do it but i was scared :D I'm going to practice much so if there is a next heel meet i can do it. I hope you Guy's aren't too dissapointed in me? :evil: greetz brugge 71 en gf

What more is there to say? I enjoyed the stay in Amsterdam a lot and met some great people. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best but we can't do anything when it comes to what nature gives us. There will be no pics from me cause I kind of trusted that all the others would shoot enough for everyone to see and I am glad the posts are getting in here. Kneehighs probably has the most to bring but he will not be back for another week as he were going to visit Prague aswell before going back to NYC. A big thanks to Ramon020 who did a great job in preparing where to go and what to see. And on top of this he hung out with me and kneehighs on nightly adventures to clubs and bars. (We returned to our hotel around 4 in the mornings after some great nights!!) My next heel meet will be New York the 28:th of October and hopefully there will be lots of people there. On Halloween (Tuesday) there is a big parade through the city and I intend to make it a little longer stay since I have never been in NYC. Arriving like Thursday 26:th and leve like Wednesday 1:st or so. Maybe some other europeans wants to be there for more than just the heel meet? Please send in a post here or PM me. Prices aren't too bad for going there, I think the flight is around €450-500 depending on airline. Would be great if we could meet up at the hub-city for the airline and be on the same flight. Me and Ramon020 are looking at Iceland Air with Reykavik as their hub. It was a pleasure to meet you all and hopefully we'll meet again at some other heel meet. /admirer

first off, a huge thanks goes to firefox for saving my current account on hhplace.org

As far as the meet is concerned, it was in my mind, a resounding success. ramon020, as a local, was more than accomodating and met up with hhplacers on four different days. Special thanks goes to ramon020 for taking the time to hang out with us.

Robert showed up again. As usual, it was more than a pleasure to talk and he even volunteered himself for a freestyling video. That will be up soon.

a3 showed up too. And he brought his usual adventurous spirit to the meet as well as his really high heels he wore in London.

We had an unknown heeler from Belgium turn up. He didn't object to having his pic shown, but i will withold his name until i learn otherwise. He drove two hours from outside of Antwerp to the meet and for taking that special trip amidst strangers, I applaud his courage.

admirer5577 of course took the time to fly in from Sweden, not only costing money but time and effort in travel. I think he is going to grow in freestyling confidence by leaps and bounds as well. His video is also forthcoming.

We have three amazing group photos from the meet, two amazing testimonial videos from admirer5577 and ramon020, and at least five videos of guys freestyling in public. Overall, we accomplished exactly what I feel this community most needs to inspire other like minded guys to freestyle in public.

As soon as I get home I promise to upload all the pics and videos immediately.

Sounds like you all had a very good time this weekend. A real shame I didn't make it. :D (But judging by the events and airport disruption over the past week I think I made the right decision by not flying over!) I look forward to seeing more of your videos and photos. Especially, kneehighs' photos. Ramon020, maybe when I visit Amsterdam in the future we could possibly meet up, maybe with a few other Dutch heelers if they wanted to. For the record, I wore heels out around Oxford this weekend, just for you guys (and myself!:D). So I guess I'd say I was there in spirit. :evil:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

first off, a huge thanks goes to firefox for saving my current account on hhplace.org

But why needed Firefox to save your account in this forum? You are one of my most estimated members in this forum :D

My excuse for not appearing in Amsterdam. At first my friend became ill and at friday I got an urgent call for help from a customer. My program update from wednesday didn't work correctly :D But it was definitely not the fear to wear high heels frankly on the street.

@Heels-D: I'm wearing high heels regularly in my quarter and especially I wore 4'' boots over tight jeans at sunday as demonstration of sympathy for the guys in Amsterdam. At least it was cold enough in Frankurt for wearing boots - brrhh :evil:

nice greetings

micha

Hallo, sorry to hear from you both Brugge71 and Misha you couldn't come. Perhaps the next time better. Even when you are not ready for high heels, low heels for the first start is no problem. And even no heels at all would be no problem. When you are there that count, the first step to meet other in publick talking about heels, share the same feeling can be a big mental step forwards in your mind, Brugge 71. And in stainges city a reconation will be 1 of ........, it will counting more when you are lockal. Sorry to hear that Jan was ill Misha, the best wishes to him and perhaps the next time more luck. go in your heels A3

Hallo,

sorry to hear from you both Brugge71 and Misha you couldn't come. Perhaps the next time better.

Even when you are not ready for high heels, low heels for the first start is no problem. And even no heels at all would be no problem. When you are there that count, the first step to meet other in publick talking about heels, share the same feeling can be a big mental step forwards in your mind, Brugge 71. And in stainges city a reconation will be 1 of ........, it will counting more when you are lockal.

Sorry to hear that Jan was ill Misha, the best wishes to him and perhaps the next time more luck.

go in your heels

A3

We both - Jan and me - had planned a camping at Zandvoort or Wijk aan Zee. Hence we didn't book a hotel. After Jan's illness I decided to come alone. But the phone call at friday morning was the end. I wasn't ready for my travel to Amsterdam before 3 o'clock pm. Continous raining in Frankfurt and camping at the northern sea seemed unimaginable. Finding a hotel late in the night had been an incalculatable adventure ... I simply gave up!

But we have to meet again because I still like to try on your ballet boots :evil:

Hi you all there, I`m sorry I could not make it to Amsterdam. But I was also wearing my heels in Berlin that weekend. Was a little stressy full-booked kind of weekend. I hope I´ll be able to make it to NYC. For the moment, I have two very busy working weeks ahead with a new exhibition opening next Wednesday and still lots to do, and after that a full with in the south of Germany working for an old client of mine. I´ll keep in touch. All the best for all of you.

Heel D: if you come to Amsterdam we can meet for sure. That would be great. Let me know then. Will you be there in october in new york? Heeluis: hope you can make it to new york . Today I asked my manager by email to get some days off so I can make my plans for new york meeting. Micha: would be very nice to meet you too. I like to read your stories. I have got I little more videoclips. But we have to make a new thread for the videos. Kneehighs camera didn't work anymore after the meeting so he bought another one in Prague. We still hope that the videos that he made are still saved and can be copied to the website. I really hope so. I will wait for him . He must be back in New york now so we will hear from him soon I guess. Thanx to robert who uploaded some very nice photos. Bye for now!

Heel D: if you come to Amsterdam we can meet for sure. That would be great. Let me know then. Will you be there in october in new york?

Unfortunately, no. I (and my shoes!) planning to move in with my girlfriend before Christmas, so any excursions to New York before the New Year will be out of the question. However I will be visiting my dad, step-mom and my new baby brother or sister in NY next February so I'm sure another heel meet will be on the cards once I have the dates sorted and everything.

Amsterdam - in due course I will let you know if and when I'll be visiting - probably next year maybe. I'd really love to visit the city and so does my other half.

I have got I little more videoclips. But we have to make a new thread for the videos. Kneehighs camera didn't work anymore after the meeting so he bought another one in Prague. We still hope that the videos that he made are still saved and can be copied to the website. I really hope so. I will wait for him.

If the photos and videos are stored on a memory card then I think they will be OK.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

OK, here are some links to pics of the heelmeet. I haven't had time to resize the pics, so I provided separate links for your enjoyment.

Here are a few pics of the meet:

Group pics

Group pic at a canal

Group pic outside one of only two houses made of wood in AMS

Group pic outside of art exhibit

Individual Pics

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg.jpg

a3 and our special guest from Belgium

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg-1.jpg

our special guest from Belgium.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg-2.jpg

ramon020

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg-3.jpg

admirer5577

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg-4.jpg

Robert

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/storm-trooper/Amsterdam2006/prg-5.jpg

Our special guest from Belgium inside a shoe shop

Videos

Videos will be posted inside the new "Share your best freestyle videos here thread" as soon as time permits.