International Heel Meet: Amsterdam, Saturday, Aug. 12th

kneehighs

Amsterdam Heel Meet: Sat. August 12th

If anyone has problems locating the restaurant, or will be late, please call the restaurant at 020-627-2830 and ask for Craig (kneehighs)

Time: 10:30-11:00

Place:

New Market Cafe

Restaurant 't Nieuwe Kafé

Eggertstraat 8/Dam

1012 NN AMSTERDAM

Tel: 020-627 28 30

http://www.nieuwe-kafe.nl/contact.html

* this cafe is steps away from Centraal Station, so for those of you coming in by train to Centraal Station, it will be easy to get to. In THIS MAP, Eggertstraat is located in grid C2.

The cafe is next to the New Church, "Nieuwe Kerk".

Posted Image

New Market Cafe is to the right of the yellow flags

Posted Image

New Market Cafe is to the left of the blue awnings

Here's a few fun places to shop for shoes. Special thanks goes to ramon020, a local of Amsterdam, for taking the time to put this together:

Map to Amsterdam Shoe Shopping For Both Men and Women

A= Shoeshop "Meijers" this is a must for shoelovers

B= Department store "De Bijenkorf"

C= Shoeshop "Big shoe" with large sizes for women/men

D= Shoeshop "Shoebaloo" with lots of italian names(men's dep.)

E= Shopping mall "Magna Plaza"

F= Shoestore "Paul Warmer" selling shoes of famous designers

Probable Attendees

So far, we have confirmed attendance from members from FIVE countries, which surpasses the record established at the World Heel Meet 2006. If a few guys from the UK can make it, we will have 6 different countries represented.

1. admirer5577--Sweden

2. kneehighs--United States

3. Robert--Netherlands

4. ramon020--Netherlands

5. micha--Germany

6. a3--Netherlands

7. Beeblebrox--Sweden

8. brugge71--Belgium

9. brugge71's girlfriend--Belgium

Possible Attendees

1. millie--Netherlands

2. BlondeBimbo--moderator from Scotland, if not working

3. Zero--Netherlands, The Hague

Given that we are not coming out of the Christmas spending season and that weather will be warm, I hope to make this one of the best heel meets held outside of England.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good plan to me. I just joined this site and I am not comfortable wearing heels in public yet but Amsterdam is a place far enough away from home but still within reach for travelling. And together with others it will probably be easier. I'll put the dates in my calender and hopefully I will be able to make it. Admirer in southern Sweden

admirer5577--thats great! I really hope you can make it, even if not in heels. At the last meet in London, not everyone was in heels. So its okay if you go, but don't go in heels.

Xaphod! :roll: One of my initial inspirations to freestyling! I really do hope you guys can arrange to make it. Maybe this time, I'd be meeting you at the train station?

Just having a discussion with my GF (we both fancy it), we may come over together, or I may come over on my own, depending a financial circumstances, costs, and whether I can get time off work to make it a long weekend. It's tempting to drive to Amsterdam and stay in a motel in the outskirts. Stopping by in Gent in Belgium (on the way back) is tempting as I really want to go back there (went there for the day last year on the way home from Lille, France). Or I/we may just fly. Put me down as a maybe for now.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Micha You can't even guess how excited I would be if you made it. In retrospect, I was wishing I spoke with you more at the London Heel Meet. At least Amsterdam is cheaper! :roll: And this time, I'll be at the meet from the very first minute it starts. I sincerely hope to see you there!

Heel-D As my bud, you gotta make it man! I wish the dollar/euor currency exchange was in my favor like the pound/euro is in yours.

Robert Glad you will be around on Saturday, August 12th...see you there. What is it, a 20 minute drive to Amsterdam from Gouda?

everyone else, don't be shy. Look at all the fun we had at the World Heel Meet 2006!

Posted Image

For any out of towners that may come in, I found a hotel that is a five minute walk from Central Station, offers a full breakfast every morning, each room is different from the other as local artists paint the rooms differently:

http://www.winston.nl

The rooms are very basic, but interesting. Rooms do not have a phone, but they do have their own private bathroom. As well, they have a good breakfast every morning, a friendly door staff too...and within walking distance of Dam Square, a bike rental company is a block away, all for like 39 pounds a night on weekends.

Here is a link to some pics of the hotel:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/6f6d8/#TL

It is a very nice surprise that some of you choose Amsterdam for the next heel meeting. Great! Sure I will be there. For the first time that I will be at a heel meeting. Looking forward to see you guys! Time enough to think about what I will wear then. Ramon

Hi I will be there for sure at the heelmeeting in amsterdam!. A very nice surprise to me . So this time I will be there for the first time. Anyway I know some faces now. Looking forward to meet others with the same interest. Hope there will be a lot of you. Time enough to think about what I will wear. Which heels? Well to all of you: please don't hesitate, Just go ! Ramon

hi there :roll: i'm from Hoofddorp, which is very close to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. Is the meet for both men and woman wearing heels? I'm just admirer (and highheels designer) but i'd like to join :-)

I would like to come along, but I already have a weekend trip in the bus for that weekend. Any other weekend in August I can make, except that one. Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Special thanks to all the people who took the time to respond in this thread. This is going to be a special heel meet as it will probably set a new standard for heel meets outside of England. We will have a great time for sure...shopping, chatting, eating and all :wink:

ramon020 :roll: Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing you there! You have been added to the list of probable attendees

brugge71 You have been added to the list of possible attendees. Hopefully, you can plan to have that Saturday free so you can make it!

Millie The meet is for both men and women, so please feel free to come. Heels are not obligatory :oops: Gladly you have been added to the list of probable attendees.

Calv damn, damn, damn. I'd reschedule another date, but I've already booked my flights from JFK to AMS and from AMS to Prague. At this point, it would be too cost prohibitive to pay the cancellation fees and reschedule...I'm very sorry about that. I was hoping we could share some blue champagne this time :oops:

Heels are not obligatory!

Come one, come all!

:drinking:

Thnx i hope so.

Hopefully there are other women to

I hope there will be other women as well.

Are there any members who live locally who would be so kind as to share a cell phone number a few days before the meet? It provides a critical contact point for those that get lost, are late, or who need directions. You wouldn't have to share it with the forum for more than a few days, then we can go back and erase it. I'd rent a phone, but I can't get the number enough in advance to post it here. Thanks for any help

Hi kneehighs, my planned mountain tour in the alps together with my alpine club section is taking place at the beginning of september. The christopher street day in Frankfurt and Cologne is in july. The early august should work. Put me simply on the list of the probable attendees :roll: I like to see you, A3, Robert and the british guys again. Not to forget Heelluis. BTW: the next meeting should take place in Germany. Like the motto of the 2006 soccer world championship "The world as friends in Germany!" nice greetings micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi kneehighs,

my planned mountain tour in the alps together with my alpine club section is taking place at the beginning of september. The christopher street day in Frankfurt and Cologne is in july. The early august should work. Put me simply on the list of the probable attendees :roll: I like to see you, A3, Robert and the british guys again. Not to forget Heelluis.

BTW: the next meeting should take place in Germany. Like the motto of the 2006 soccer world championship "The world as friends in Germany!"

nice greetings

micha

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Yahooooo! Great!

Micha!!! That is sooo awesome! This time we will talk! Are you going to come with Jan again? And yep, I wrote Louis an email this morning. We'll have to see what he says.

"? What is wrong with this picture?"

Posted Image

Answer: stay tuned for the correct answer

Nearly everything is wrong on this picture!

1. The wheels of the blond girls bicycle aren't turquoise :roll:

2. She doesn't look into Your camera!

3. The black guy in the background is wearing flat sandals.

4. The footwear of the girl with the red t-shirt isn't better.

5. The pavement is simply a catastrophe for every girl or guy on elegant footwear :wink::oops::oops:

6. "Grieks restaurant" is completely wrong on the marquee of a greek restaurant.

7. The "fietsen" have no chance against the cars.

micha :drinking:

In response to number 5, Micha. What's so tough about cobblestones? I walked all over them in Italy in 3.5 inch stilettos.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nearly everything is wrong on this picture!

1. The wheels of the blond girls bicycle aren't turquoise :wink:

2. She doesn't look into Your camera!

3. The black guy in the background is wearing flat sandals.

4. The footwear of the girl with the red t-shirt (corrected - its a red jacket) isn't better.

5. The pavement is simply a catastrophe for every girl or guy on elegant footwear :oops::oops::cry:

6. "Grieks restaurant" is completely wrong on the marquee of a greek restaurant.

7. The "fietsen" have no chance against the cars.

micha :drinking:

This was a wrong mouse click :roll:

In response to number 5, Micha. What's so tough about cobblestones? I walked all over them in Italy in 3.5 inch stilettos.

They look nice in an old middleage town but in a big town I prefer big plates - like You :roll:

Is the meeting just on the saturday or is someone staying a longer time? I think kneehighs in his first post indicated that he should stay longer but he has changed that very first message now and I don't remember exactly what it said. I checked my flight possibilities and I probably have to arrive friday and leave monday but hey, Amsterdam is a beautiful place so I don't mind. Any plans of having us stay at the same hotel? One hotel was mentioned earlier and will most visitors try to stay there? I am still looking and I might end up there. Looking forward to see you guys in Amsterdam. /admirer PS I guess I can not be so lucky that someone on this list knows about a smaller airport nearby Amsterdam that accepts private planes at a reasonable cost? This is a long shot, I know....

admirer5577 I'll be in Amsterdam on Saturday and Sunday nights if you want to hang out on Sunday too. When I was in Amsterdam last August, the Winston turned out to be a decent value for the price: the rooms were clean, there was a decent continental breakfast served every morning (cheese, meat, cereal, juice, coffee, muffins), and best of all, the Winston is a two minute walk from Dam Square, a two minute walk from the Red Light District, and a five minute walk from Central Station.

Micha!!! That is sooo awesome! This time we will talk! Are you going to come with Jan again? And yep, I wrote Louis an email this morning. We'll have to see what he says.

Hi kneehighs,

Jan is not keen on heels as me but he is one of my best friends. We will meet at saturday when Germany is playing against Sweden. I'll ask him if he would enjoy to visit together Amsterdam.

micha (*expecting better games from argentina and the oranje team*)

Kneehighs: When can we expect your answer about the picture? Looks like I have to stay in Amsterdam from Friday to Monday but when the ticket is just over $100 it is worth it. Micha: I hope you will cheer on the swedish team? :roll: /admirer (yes, swedish)

Oh, I forgot one thing. There is a german forum about high heels that I know of, but my German isn't good enough to write about the heel meeting in Amsterdam. As there are Germans in this forum, maybe some of them can make a post there? (I am not sure how many men there are that are into wearing high heels but I know there are some.) high-heels-forum.com is the address. I hope you all think that the more we are the merrier it will be. (if a moderator thinks it is not apropriate (how on earth is that word spelled??!!) to mention other forums here, pls delete this message) /admirer