First pair of heels

Debbie(HK)

How old were you when you first started wearing heels? What type were they? I'm talking about proper heels and not the chunky heels which we all had for school as teenagers. My mum bought me my first pair of proper heels when I was 15, I loved them and wore them a lot. They were black patent stiletto sandals. Heel height about 4".

This is a platform free shoe zone!

You are the lucky one. I was a teenager, but I don't remember when. They were lower heels, maybe two inches. Black, as I recall. They are long gone, and almost forgotten. The oldest pair of shoes I have now is about four years in age, I wore them to work today! Only a three inch heels, yes I know, but a pointier toe, a simulated suede (or real, the regular price was a bit higher than normal, but half off sales are wonderful) The nice part, scooped sides and criss crossing straps across the vamp with a gold buckles to secure the straps at the ankle.

I got my first pair of real heels when I was 14. We were to go to a family wedding and being dressy for the reception was the norm. I asked my mother if I would be allowed to wear heels with my new dress. She said that it was fine and allowed me to wear a pair of hers. My dress was a red/black one, so I chose a pair of black slings with a 3" thin heel. It felt so good and my mother allowed me to keep the shoes for me. I wish I still had them. Jodi

I remember mine when I was 13 or 14. I was wearing high thicker heels to school so I was used to 3 and 4 inch heels. I argued with my mum if I could wear stilettos for church because a lot of women wore them when they dressed up on Sunday. My mum kept on saying I wasn't old enough but eventually she gave in. I actually borrowed pair of my sisters old ones. They were quite high, about 4 inches. Dad said they were too high and I couldn't walk in them but I showed him I could and he said OK, so long as I wore a longer dress and I was quiet and good. They were a good fit for me and I remember feeling like a real lady in them. Since then I wore stilettos a lot more but not at school. When I started work, they're a shoe I wear quite a lot, but not always 4 inch. 3 or 3.5 inch are fine as well.

• 1 month later...

When I was a little girl I played in my mothers high heels constantly. I loved them then and still do. But for my own, I was allowed a pair of pretty black 2 1/2" spiked pumps when I was 12. I was only allowed to wear them to church then.

I do remember my first pair of heels after univeristy. No more 2.5 inchers, I moved up to a full three inch heel! A slight flared bottom heel, very thin otherwise, black fake suede and pointy toe. Crossing vamp straps as well, and sides that are cut down to the sole. They even have a gold buckle at the ankles! And I still have them and I can wear them! The heels from University now sit in a plastic bag, awaiting either donation or disposal. I cannot decide if they are still servicable. From before that, more of the same, but as I posted above, I cannot remember the exact style, I just know they were black. Black, now there is a surprise! And yes, I am posting to get past these wedge things!

Geoff, maybe you do not understand how much of a threat a boring wedge heeled shoe is to my sense of non conformist individuality! "Love me for who I am, and never make me change. I will change on my own, and you may see it every day." That is my quote, I made it up. Copyright Laurieheels 2002. My point being, no matter how much you compliment me which should change my mind about wedges and make me feel better, I am not ready to change that perception, so it will not work. :smile:

Got to agree with both of you, the wedgies are better than those hiking boots, still the wedgies are yuk, a thin stiletto or thin blade 4" and above is all that is acceptable to me. So the boots I'm currently in are actually pretty crappy. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I should post this as I now remember it. While I was having a quiet conversation with my trainer about when I started in heels, I actually remembered something from being younger. When I was a teenager, around 15, I did have a pair of heels that were more than the usual for young ladies. I am sure I did not remember them because, well, I remember nothing about those times. But it triggered... I know I had a pair of strappy sandals with a thin stiellto type heel about 3.5 inches high. They were sling backs with a buckle, and very thin straps at that. The vamp portion was a shaped piece of leather much like many mules. The sole was quite thin. I think I picked them up second hand, because I could not have been able to afford such shoes from new at that age, and where I was at that point, no one would have purchased them for me. They were nice, and it would be great to have a pair like them again, but maybe a higher heel. WHo knows what happened to them, certainly not me if it took so long to remember I ever wore them!

• 4 months later...

I was around 13 when I wore my first pair of high heels. They were simple black court shoes. They had a rounded toe. The 3" heel was thicker than a stiletto spike but narrower than a chunky heel. PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I was a teenager in the 1980's when pumps with ankle socks were the fashion rage started by Madonna. My mother brought home a pair of pink leggings, a pair of white ankle socks with ruffles and my first pair of 4" pink pumps for my 14th birthday. I have to giggle when I think back to walking down the school halls in them for the first time.......a little bit wobbly, but awfully cute. Great topic! XO Babe in Heels BTW.............. that is a really ugly shoe you all stick on us newbies :lol: I need to keep posting! XO Babe in Heels

I well remember the first pair I bought;as a convent girl they got me into some trouble. Black patent classics I guess about 4" high.....still my favorite working height...parties .......then I go up a little....... Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Black patent w/4.5" stiletto heels. It was 1969 & they cost $15.00 . . . with a matching bag! The bag is in a box with those stilettos and, yes, they STILL FIT! Don't know HOW many sets of tips they've had!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 7 months later...

It took me a while to remember this one. The one pair of shoes that always stood out from when I was younger was a pair of purple suede flatties that matched a wool peacoat that I had. I loved those shoes! But, my first set of heels that I can remember was when I was 17. It was for the Senior Reception dance at high school. My date was either the same height as me, or a hair shorter. I wasn't going to wear heels because of that. However the dress I found just screamed for heels. It was a white lace dress that was fitted all the way down to just bellow the knees then it had a georgous mermaids tail. I decided to wear what ever I wanted and got a pair of white stiletto heels, about 3.5 to 4 inches. I cannot remember well enough to say. I towered over him the whole night. Heh. I know I wore heels before that, other dances and such, but that is the first pair I truely remember. Actually.. I just rememberd a prior pair. To another dance, juinor year of highschool. I was either 16 or 17. I had a georgous green A line cut velvet dress that was off the shoulder that had straps that went around the top of the shoulders with velvet roses on the straps. I had a pair of black satin pumps were likely three inches, they had a thicker heel on them. That night was memorable for the guy I was dancing with, not my shoes. I think we almost got kicked out of the dance. This would have been 1990 and the movie Dirty Danceing was still popular. With many years of danceing lessons I was quite good at it and, oddly for a high school guy, so wasn't he. Hmm.. Oh well I'm digressing again! JinxieKat

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I started to wear heels when I was 13 years old. I remember when I brought them home (anxiously)... My mother just looked at them and said: "Well, if you are going to wear those, you better get some proper training, and until I have approved your walk, you don't leave the house in those shoes!" Then she called my aunt, who was a dancer and balanced seemingly effortlessly on the highest possible heels - and I got "walking-lessons" for several weeks. My first real stilettos was a pair of red, 4" high strappy silk sandals. I must have been about 17 years old, and I remember that I could dance the entire night away in them without getting sore feet.

I have no idea :lol: I remember using my mum's high heels as I could'nt walk, got them all scuffed and was sent to bed early ;) Even in high school we all wore heels (OK not 6" stilettos) - the clumpy 3 - 4" heels that looked OK but kept the teachers from getting upset. :lol: After that - shoes (high heeled) were just one of those things you buy! You all have too good a memory for me - perhaps my name is a good choice :lol::D BlondeBimbo

• 6 months later...

My first heels were bought for me by my boyfriend to wear to the school Christmas Party. I was 15 - and he bought me black patent ankle strap sandals - with 5" heels - and a stretch-lycra micro-skirt to match!! I was VERY poular that night - and he and I ended up rowing 'cos of the attention I was getting - wearing "his" clothes :D !!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I started to wear high heels when I was 14, mum wouldnt let me have a pair before then, so I used to wear my older sisters high heels around the house and out the back yard. Mum brought me a pair of black stiletto heeled pumps the heels were about 4 inch and they had a metal heel tip, I rember that detail well as I liked the sound they made. So began my stiletto addiction, I still love wearing stiletto's.

• 4 weeks later...

I talked my dad into buying me a pair for my first homecoming dance. They were from Nine West. Black stappy number with maybe a 4 inch heel. Mom was pissed and almost made him take them back. She said they were to sexy for a fourteen year old to wear. Funny i think she borrowed them from me on a occation or two. I think she was jelous dad and bought them for me and not here. What to you think?

• 10 months later...

Hi, I got my first pair of heels when I was 14. It was sort of an act of rebellion against my conservative parents, who I knew wouldn't approve. It was a pair of black stiletto courts (pumps) with about a 4" heel. I felt a bit unsteady in them at first, especially on shiny / slippery floors, but soon learned how to walk in them properly. I wore them at every opportunity outside of school (we weren't allowed heels at that age). Our school didn't have a 6th form and the dress code was more relaxed for the final year. We got to choose the colour of the uniform and our year chose burgundy. My second pair of heels was burgundy courts with a 4" heel to go with the uniform. I would have been 15 then. My mum went mad and wouldn't let me wear them so I would leave home in flatties and change on the way lol. Love, Abi

My first pair we're a pair of my my mums that I "borrowed", all the girls in the 80's we re wearing these 2 - 3 inch omes but I had to to go one better and show off so I "borrowed" a pair from my mum which were just a plain black court really but they were 4 1/2 inches and totally unlike anything the others were wearing at school. They had a pointed toes like todays shoes and a really slender heels tipped wth a metal tip, I remember walking along the front corridor at school and they were loud!! I got into trouble at school of course, 500 lines I think but it didn't stop me. My mum was "less" pleased of course but she said they fitted me better than they did her so I could keep them, though not for school! They're long gone now but they're definitely to blame for my present addiction