"You know who you remind me of?................."

Tonight while out at dinner with the family (took them out because once again our yearly AC outage has kicked in early and the temps are now starting to go up, bad timing), the hostess comes over just as we finish dinner and are waiting for desert. She blurts out (so ALL the restruant can hear....fortunately it wasn't packed), "You know who you remind me of? The God Father". Wonderful. So I look like fat Marlin Brando. Nice little "complement" there. A few years back a co-worker claimed I looked like Orson Wells. Two fat guys. Who's next, Dom Deluise? It wasn't bad enough she blurted it out to me, she told the people next to me, my wife and kids as they were returning from the bathroom, our waiter, then hopped off to tell EVERYONE at the bar. Ug. Needless to say we departed as quickly as possible. I doubt I will be going back there soon. Should have worn Stilleto pumps, then the attention could have been drawn to them. Anyone else get insulted in public like that?

Many years ago, my then fiance` and I were looking for accessories for her bridal gown. After a lot of shops, she found almost exactly the right thing. The assistant beemed a smile and asked if her father (me) was paying!. That would have made me a father at 8 !!!!. I complemented her on her sales technique. and dragged the missus away to look elsewhere. A couple of other customers did well to hide the sniggers.

totter along into history

That's all right. It used to happen to me with the BW. She was so much younger and beautiful that I got into that several times. I have finally come across someone who is very much like her and whom I like very much, but she is married and 1/3 my age! That would be much more than a father age difference!

I know what you mean, BobHH. In the second half of my adult life (sans former wife), I'm finding a lot of younger women coming on to me. I suspect most of it involves the fact that I can relate with them, listening to them, at length, without trying to "prove myself," the epitome of turn-offs to most younger women. Amazingly enough, recalling my college days, those who seemed to snag the best at the earliest, possessed the same talent. So why does it take half a lifetime for us older folk to get it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Many years ago, my then fiance` and I were looking for accessories for her bridal gown. After a lot of shops, she found almost exactly the right thing. The assistant beemed a smile and asked if her father (me) was paying!. That would have made me a father at 8 !!!!. I complemented her on her sales technique. and dragged the missus away to look elsewhere. A couple of other customers did well to hide the sniggers.

Try not to feel too badly. Many of my daughter's friends think I'm her grandfather. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I can relate to the red head story. My hair was the brightest orange ever in school. The girls really took notice when I came around dressed in my blue serge double breasted suit with highly polished black Pittsburgh Spades and nylon socks on my feet. But of course---I have always had an award wining personality which helped a lot. I was the "Cat's Meow"! Cheers-- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

How about Jerry Garcia when I had a beard.

Then Lee Iococca when I had short hair and no beard and was wearing a 3 piece suit.

Jerry Garcia!

LOL! I can see that!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 months later...

I can relate to the red head story. My hair was the brightest orange ever in school. The girls really took notice when I came around dressed in my blue serge double breasted suit with highly polished black Pittsburgh Spades and nylon socks on my feet. But of course---I have always had an award wining personality which helped a lot. I was the "Cat's Meow"! :D

Cheers-- Dawn HH

Man, yer really dating yourself with that dbl breasted suit story. Wuz that complete with the 5" wide necktie?:wink:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

I get Chris Farley or Drew Carey!!!

Funny thing is that with age and I guess experience (confidence), I get hit on fairly frequently by the soccer moms who are 10-15 years younger. My wife thinks its fun because I can get them a little torqued up and she swoops in to reassert her position.

Yeah man! That's always a hoot when yer lady sees someone else knocking on you and then they get all defensive and territorial and everything. One night my neighbor was hitting on me - right in front of the frau. You guys probably heard the eruption, wherever you are, after we got inside.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels