Introducing the latest hideous fashion in womens footwear.

Please! Please! Please! Don't give 'em any ideas!

Jellies -- there's another footwear fashion I don't want to see come back!

Have a happy time!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I saw a man wearing bright orange clogs from crocs.

I know most of you hate these shoes, but it is still a step in the right direction that these come in men's sizes and men are actually wearing them.

Today I saw some men wearing bright orange jumpsuits - but that don't mean I want to wear one.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I have one, but it's a bright orange flight suit. I don't see orange flight suits any more, just blue or olive green. I always thought orange was good in case you needed to be found after getting out of an airplane, or not. I also have a reversible olive green/orange flight jacket. Left over from the flight testing days.

It's finally happened. I have seen it with my own eyes. What up till now have only been seen on very young girls has now been seen on adult female Mothers. They are wearing bright orange clogs from Crocs. Yuch!!! How ugly!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Mind you, the whole concept is disgusting but I think it's the holes that put these Crocs clogs under the bottom for me. (I was going to say "over the top" but these things are definitely a low point in footwear fashion.) Back to the holes. I guess the holes are for ventilation but they make these monstrosities look like Wiffle balls squashed vaguely into the shape of shoes. Why anybody would want to walk around with their feet stuffed into a pair of Wiffle balls I'll never know.

Have a happy time!

It's finally happened. I have seen it with my own eyes. What up till now have only been seen on very young girls has now been seen on adult female Mothers. They are wearing bright orange clogs from Crocs. Yuch!!! How ugly!!!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Horrorfying, isn't it Dawn?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Here my rant: In Frankfurt/Germany the flip flops seem to be ineradicable! I thought that they were last summer simply a wrong going fashion style. But now I'm hearing again everywhere this ugly sound "slap slap" :roll: I'm trying my best to give the girls a better example but I had never imagined that a guy has to do this job ... micha (*grinning*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Lead by example! I guess somebody has to "put their best foot forward" and that certainly is not possible in those despicable crocs things or flip-flops either. Apparently It takes one of us to show the way!

Have a happy time!

Hi, Micha - yeah, I live in Germany, too, but I see plenty of sandals these days with 2+ heels, as well as higher 3+ heels, in the evenings, if not in boots, then at least in sandels. Of course that's among the women... I've yet to see any male other than myself in my local community wearing heels of any kind.

Those things are ugly. They might be good for really little kids or old ladies who wear them in the garden, but not on a normal person for any public wear. People would wear paper bags on their feet if someone said it was "cool"

The sightings of these things seem to be on a rise. I'm seeing more and more of them all the time. MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP! BTW: Welcome aboard, Wolfgang!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome to the Forum, Wolfgang. I have seen the "crocs" on small girls and their Mothers. Yesterday I saw them on a small boy. Now, you know what will happen next. Yes, it won't be long before the fathers will be wearing them. YIKES!!! They are spreading. It will be a full blown epidemic then. I don't know just how big the sizes are, but I have seen some pretty big ones on the women's feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yeah, they are definitely spreading. I am seeing more of these hideous monstrosities all the time! (Almost) makes me yearn for flip-flops! Oh, the humanity -- how long will this plague last?

Have a happy time!

It's an invasion! The ugly alien pod-things from outer space! In fluorescent colors that almost glow in the dark!

AAAaaaaauuuugh!

Have a happy time!

I really cringe when I see them, and have been caught by the wearer on more than one occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing more of these wiffle-ball clog things all the time. Yuck.

A couple of posts in this thread have said something to the effect that these fluorescent plastic clogs being available in sizes big enough for men are a good thing because they establish a more androgynous shoe style as being acceptable for men. I fear though, that this may become the only androgynous shoe style acceptable for us. Oh, the horror! That just cannot be allowed to happen.

Have a happy time!

While I think clogs are cool (ESPECIALLY the heeled kind), those things just really don't cut it at ALL! Remember the "duck shoes" (aka boat shoes)? GADS those things were hideous as well! I think someone should have thrown the designer TO the crocs and been done with it.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

A couple of posts in this thread have said something to the effect that these fluorescent plastic clogs being available in sizes big enough for men are a good thing because they establish a more androgynous shoe style as being acceptable for men.

That's true. I occasionally go out in 100% androgenous clothes [too petite and hip-y for all-out F2M drag], and I can't go wrong with Doc Martins, skateshoes, or converse. There IS hope for the world of androgenous shoes...perhaps...but without the wiffle-ball shoes XD

• 3 months later...

The point is that they are not INTENDED to be attractive. Too many men forget that women don't wear heels all the time, don't wear dresses and be pulled together all the time. Yes, you have our dearly departed Goddesses, but most women are not that way. Women have been as inflenced by the slovenliness trend of society in general, witness those "things." Personally, I like the pulled together look on a woman, but most women don't wear that sort of thing. Think UGGS. A more appropriate name has never been coined.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

It's an invasion! The ugly alien pod-things from outer space! In fluorescent colors that almost glow in the dark!

AAAaaaaauuuugh!

Dude. That's funny, as in entertaining, something a good local friend of mine has been doing over the last 36 hours, which is probably why I haven't been with you guys as much.

Well, I'm still laughing, so...

• 4 months later...

Well, it has been almost a year since this thread was started and I have some bad news: It looks like we are in for another year of these ugly wiffle-ball plastic clog-things -- the stores seem to be loaded with 'em. This time around the glow-in-the-dark colors seem to be a little bit attenuated -- which may be the only silver lining as they will be less noticeable. But, as has been so eloquently stated earlier, "Yeuuuuch!"

Have a happy time!