Improbability of wearing 7" all day

I'm probably going to be shot down for this one but for the sake of being controversial... Come on guys, all these claims of wearing 7" for all day wear has to be complete fantasy. That is of course unless you have a size 13 foot. It has to be impossible for anyone who is US9 / UK7 or below. Believe me, I've been out for the odd evening in 7" heels and that's about the limit. You certainly wouldn't want to be walking far!

This is a platform free shoe zone!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what it was like wearing 5.5" (Debbie's everyday size) for an evening. I was glad to be able to sit down for most of it, otherwise I reckon I would be lame now B) As for the claims of some that reckon they wear 7" with no platform for a whole day, I say these people should either prove this claim or stop living in a fantasy world. While fantasies are healthy for everyone, there comes a point where it can be taken too far. I have my own fantasies, but until I can prove them, try, or fail miserably, I shall keep quiet until I've been there :smile:

All day long is a subjective term. Perhaps we are talking about people who are night owls, and so they wear the seven inchers in the last few hours before sundown, which is all they see of the "day" Maybe they are for real, but I think we need that proof. Everyone start chanting "proof proof proof!" I'd give it a try one day, sure, and then provide an objective report. First, I shuld find some new shoes (as if) and move from four to five. Then to six, then seven, and I'll try the whole day. My history sense is tingling! We shall see if someone can build up to this. Or we can find out just where my pain thershold might be. Who knows!

I don't believe it's necessarily impossible, I'm sure there are women out there albeit not many that are quite capable of wearing 7" heels for an entire day if they so chose. The experiences of Susan have shown that people can quite literally live in heels every day of their life. Given what Susan has accomplished it almost seems easy to believe in comparison that there are indeed people that are wholly capable of wearing 7" heels for an entire day. The single point in such stories that I often find dubious however are those that claim they wear 7" heels every single day. The occasional day- sure, I can accept it's possible if unusual. 7" heels each and every day, not just the rare fetish occasion... now that is unrealistic to phrase it lightly. _________________ "Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow". -Romeo and Juliet. Act II, Sc. 2, Line 184-185 <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand on 2002-01-18 07:09 ]</font> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand on 2002-01-18 07:10 ]</font>

Hiya, I did ballet when I was younger and still remain flexible, I also have high arched feet, yet 6½" is an upper limit - OK for the odd occasion when you dont have walk any distance. 5½" now these I can wear all day and even run a bit if I'm feeling stupid. 7" forget it unless you are the owner of monster feet. Inga

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I think it depends on the foot size. For me with size 40 length (the important bit) that's a foot length of just under 10" (254mm) It doesn't take a mathematician to work out that even if whole foot is vertical you can't get that rise. I mean assuming the toes are flat, and my toes are 3" long that's only 7" of foot I've got to play with for even a vertical rise which of course it isn't because the foot is very curved. So all this 7" nonsense in that size is achieved by a thin sliver of heel which shoots up past the back of the foot. It's not really a heel at all, you are not standing on it. That's true for any heel greater than 5" in my size which along with 38 and 39 is the common size of a typical woman's foot. For someone with size 45 feet yes, for us normal mortals, no; it's not a high "heel" just a curiosity. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-20 17:38 ]</font>

I think that the size of the heel should be measured not in inches (or cm) but in a unit that's relative to the size of the foot. As firefox stated, some heel heights are impossible for some sizes of shoe. For instance, if I had the same model court (pump, for all ye yankees) shoe as firefox, and his was in size 7, and mine was in size 9, then the heel height won't be the same - it will be different because the heel height has to be relative to the size of the shoe, therefore all heel height measurements in inches (or cm) are meaningless. Grr :@ It's about time someone set the record straight!! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

A standardized system of heel measurement would be nice. Are we willing to go through the fight to have everyone agree on something? We would need one part of the number to symbolize the actual heel height, and another to express the size. Why we cannot measure shoes individually, and then just say "on a size 10 US" or "on a size 41 UK" is beyond me in some small way. I suppose what you are trying to do is create a system much like those used for movie rankings with regard to money. Sure, the $ value means a lot, but what was a dollar worth ten years ago, and what was the price of admission? Enter, the adjusted total! So we shold be compensating for shoe size, and saying that the height a person can handle at one size is equivalent to what another person can handle at a different size, despite the actual difference in the height. Creating a scale for this seems like a challenge. I'm in if anyone would like some help. Laurie

Hiya Laurie, I like the way you describe your feet, I'm 5' 9" and wear shoe size 40 to 40½ my feet also aren't hairy but they do have relatively high arches. The highest I possess is 6½ inches and yep I can walk in them but its all a bit slow. I think you would qualify, try rolling a tennis ball around under your foot arch this helps flexability. A bit a practice and your there - 7 inches but with I suspect very small steps. Also first go out and get a pair, I suspect you have yet to acquire such. Inga

Thank you, Igna. I try to be descriptive and informative. Your suspicions are right, I have yet to aquire such shoes. I need to build up to it, I figure, and it isn't easy to buy shoes with very high heels where I live. One day I may end up getting a credit card, and I could try to order something (the idea is not the most appealing). I figure I could start an experiment, and report to everyone on how it goes. Expect it to be a while before the experiment is in full swing, however. Laurie

Yeah, you're right its hard to buy 7 inch heels, the extreme heels I own were purchased from store in Aus, the owner I think imports the stock from Pierre Silber. I've actually enquired about 7 inch heels and found I would have to place a special order - oh no!!! Special orders are just not for me as I will only purchase if they fit.

Thanks for fixing up my sizing error. I was just basing it on the sizes of some of my shoes. Funny how with one manufacturer I'll take a 9½US and yet you guessed it 40 euro with another, just shows there is little real standardization in the shoe sizing system around the world. Inga

I am still going to see if I can try it out one day. Sure, most of it seems like a fantasy. So an experiment will put an end to the wonder. If I manage to find a pair with seven inch heels, after I have worked my way up past six (which means getting past five) I will give them a whirl. It is worth it once and for all to find out the truth of the matter. Right? This may take a while...

Hey Laurie do you travel even to the US seeing you live in Canada a bit of research on the net and you guessed it you'll find a store the sells ultra HH. Most likely you'll have to visit a city bigger than Calgary, they are a rather specialized item. PS Like you sense of humour - a taste for the ironic. I suppose Canadians do understand irony, some of those in that big place to the south have a lot of difficulty with this concept. Inga :smile:

I make it a habit not to go south of Lethbridge. Although, it is Montana that way, it's not bad. Calgary has a lot of sex shops. My friend from Toronto always comments on this when he visits "Wow, it's like every corner has either a sex shop or a liquer store!" Not exactly true, since only some streets are like this. I am thinking that a specialized item might be hidden away in one of these shops. Oh yeah, we're a fun town! The company that somehow employs me and puts with me is only a few blocks from a well known prostitute section. So when I say I work on 3rd Ave, people usually look at me funny. It can be minus twenty in a matter of hours here, we need all of the alcohol and sex toys we can get, I think... :smile: Oh yes, irony. Lots of it. TONS. Just ask JeffM. At least the searching will be fun...

Thanks for the insight into Calgary, just hope its not windy and -20c, a good wind and you get -70c, not the nicest conditions! Anyhow in Melbourne it was +35c with electrical storms, not the nicest conditions either. Result, they closed the roof at the tennis centre and Safin won. Safin appears to have a rather extensive entourage of which Geoff (Aus) has commented about. By the way I found out about the Ultra HH shop in Melbourne many years ago simply by asking the salesperson at a mainstream shoe shop when I was on a mission like yours. This might be the way to go. Inga :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-01-25 10:46 ]</font>

Going back to the subject, having put on a pair of 7" yesterday ..... it just reminded me of how impossibel it would be for everyday wear. Getting your knees straight is a job in itself! As for walking down hills, well that is a nightmare without a helping hand.

6 of us on the board here had a good go at size 41 5.5" last weekend, and they are the largest it's easy to walk fluently in in that size. 6" is a possible for a walk, but 7" is a challenge to even stand in, and that's only in this large size.

Jepp, I agree that a 7" in size 41 euro would hard to walk in for a full day. 5.5" is possible to walk in or even a 6", but it would kill my feet and legs if I wore them longer then an hour or so. The highest I can wear today for a full day is 3.5-4" if the arch is properly shaped, otherwise the pain will come. Well, I have not tryed 7" yet, but it would fun do it, perhaps can I stand in them or not, but it would be fun anyhow.

Your right Deb, Having a pair of 6½ heels which I can manage but you guessed it - a slow walk. I've tried on 7 before and could walk in them plus lock my knees. However, given I have high arches and what I would describe as slightly reverse locking ankles I may be at an advantage. If you haven't this type of flexibility forget 7". Also for any period of time there pretty average on as you appear to strain to maintain decent posture. Inga. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-01-30 09:59 ]</font>

Maybe foot length is a better way of measuring size. My foot is 10" long and 3.25" wide, which is close to a usw9. But then toe length has something to do with it too. Longer toes may mean you can't take as high a heel as shorter toes, for the same length foot. And what about width? Shorter and wider feet may take the same size as a longer narrower foot. My,my so many variables!

I'm not saying that it cannot be done, I can indeed wear 7" heels but not comfortably. What I was saying though is that it is not possible to wear them all day long. To be honest, it is very difficult to look elegant walking in those sort of heels. Heels should be worn with confidence.