dr1819

Have/Do you wear skirts?  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Have/Do you wear skirts?

• Male and Nope! Never!
    • Male and wear skirts
    • Male and wear kilts
    • Male and wear both/either
    • Female and wear skirts/kilts/sarongs/etc.
    • Female and Nope! Never!
    • I'm thinking it about it, but no decisions yet...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wear kilts - easy, being Scottish - albeit with doc Martens! I also wear sarongs, but only on the beach. This time, it's sandals. Oh dear, not much of a heel thing here! I'm happy with the principle, and having seen people like JeffB do his stuff, it's something guys can do without looking female (in the same way that a woman can wear trousers without ever losing her female appearance).

hey there guys & gals I'm voting male & skirts been wearing them around here in Melbourne Australia for a few years now, not all the time don't get any drama in fact people ( mainly women ) notice i'm wearing high heels but never really mention that i'm wearing a skirt. I just love wearing skirts & high heels &wish i could wear them more but there is atime & place for everything cheers malinheels :smile:

I voted Male and wear both/either.

The klits I use mainly for dressing up as a schoolgirl with white top/sweater white knee socks/white or black tights (Tights for the winter season).

Skirts if not to short or to tight works great on me.

Just want to point out that kilts are the nation dress for men in scotland. Anyone can wear one anytime they want also. They are exceptionally warm when wearing them. I consists of 7yards of wool basically rapped round You get heavy kilts and light kilts. Traditionalist wear the heavy kilt. They are NOT skirts at all and should never be called skirts.

I think the term "skirt" is a generic term meaning any garment which "skirts one's loins." In that sense they're not the feminine skirt, but any unbifurcated garment.

I love this site because I can always Google "mugs around the world" and it's always at the top. I often share it with anyone who wonders about my wearing a sarong to, say, the movies, or to an artsy event, of which they have many here in the Springs. :smile:

Not to worry, evilscotsman, I'll never call a kilt a skirt, just as I wouldn't call a kikepa, sapeta, sulu, or a sarong a skirt.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Thanks for the poll dr1819.

I voted that I never wear skirts...but I support those men who do! :smile: and wigs, and dresses, and bras, and whatever else the mind can imagine.

I voted the same way and agree with everything kneehighs says. If a man is comfortable wearing a skirt or kilt, by all means, do so. I myself don't feel comfortable wearing a skirt or dress, but, as seen by many male members here at HHP, there are a number of men who are comfortable and do wear them and I say go for it and have funwearing what you're wearing.

Men used to wear skirted garments in the past - ancient Egypt,Rome,Greece - you name it.Anatomically is the better garment for males (three legs fit better in a tube than in 2 tubes :smile:). And not to forget - genders must be equal not only from women's perspective!A skirt, blouse and heels,tailored jacket complete a nice outfit (worn as a man, not as a CD with fake boobs etc.) - much better than drab "male" mode.This is my opinion, no offence to anyone regarding the last sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Men used to wear skirted garments in the past - ancient Egypt,Rome,Greece - you name it.Anatomically is the better garment for males (three legs fit better in a tube than in 2 tubes :smile:). And not to forget - genders must be equal not only from women's perspective!A skirt, blouse and heels,tailored jacket complete a nice outfit (worn as a man, not as a CD with fake boobs etc.) - much better than drab "male" mode.This is my opinion, no offence to anyone regarding the last sentence.

I agree with your opinion if, and only if, that is what you prefer! And I didn't take any offence at all :)

In my opinion everyone should be able to go out wearing whatever they preferred; even fake boobs or a pair of underwear on the outside. After all we are talking fashion preferences only.

• 2 weeks later...

First it is remarkable how long this poll has run. Next I wonder how well the demographics here map to the general population, as about 70% of the respondents are male and wear skirts or kilts. For me I wear either I was in a long skirt all day yesterday and today I'll be in a kilt of some kind. With yesterdays skirt were 2" Cuban heeled ankle boots, today will be steel toed work boots - yard work, with a UK Workman's kilt. -- Brandy

I was on a mediaval event today, alot of men were wearing kilts and skirts there (different kind: leather, fabrics, even jeans, but always at least kneelength, and obviosly it was not always *mediaval*) - I cannot help myself I think that hot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I've already commented here, but, in any event, I'm proud to say that I'm male, and yes, I LOVE wearing skirts (usually with high heels), long, short and every length inbetween AS A MALE. It's fun, exciting and makes me feel great!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

I got my first kilt about 18 months ago and enjoyed wearing it so much that I now have both heavyweight and lightweight kilts, and leather and poly-cotton skirts, all of which show off my heels rather well. I hardly ever wear trousers now, but I did to visit my female dentist last week! As JeffB says, wearing skirts and kilts is fun and exciting and it makes me, too, feel great!

As I have said in other threads I as a man wear knee length denim skirts all the time unless I go to church or other occasions where I have to wear pants. On the other hand, my wife never wears skirts, and the only time I have seen her wear one is when we got married. When the weather gets cooler I will get longer skirts and pantyhose.

Hi all, Like Jeff B has said you can't beat a skirt! I love my skirts, the variety is awesome. My favourites are fitted over knee or mid thigh length pencil skirts. An A line skirt is also very nice on. All skirts look better with a pair of high heels. Once you get confident with a skirted look in public, I doubt many would ever want to look at the option of pants/ trousers ever again! Skirts are comfier to wear! Cheers Heel-Lover

All skirts look better with a pair of high heels.

Once you get confident with a skirted look in public, I doubt many would ever want to look at the option of pants/ trousers ever again! Skirts are comfier to wear!

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Amen to that!I should add a nice top or blouse,tailored jacket also - complete the look very well.

• 1 year later...

I voted "Male and wear skirts".

But (unfortunately) I don't wear them in public yet...

Except for a few close friends who saw me wearing a skirt when I visit them.

My skirts are denim over the knee and I like to wear them with a t-shirt.

For those who never tried to wear a skirt, let me tell you they

are so much more comfortable to wear compared to shorts or bermuda.

I think skirts are like heels. Once you tried them, you are hooked :irked:

• 2 weeks later...

For those who never tried to wear a skirt, let me tell you they

are so much more comfortable to wear compared to shorts or bermuda.

I think skirts are like heels. Once you tried them, you are hooked :irked:

Truer words were never spoken, my friend! Skirts are supremely comfortable compared to shorts. And I wholeheartedly agree that once you start wearing skirts, it can be hard to stop because they're just so darn FUN to wear!

I think the only reason men moved away from skirts in the first place was because they allow you to do more things easily. Skirts are far more comfortable.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

As you can see by the photos, I wear kilts. I would prefer skirts (I have a dozen or so)

but my wife does not like me wearing them in public.

First time I see a kilt with high heels. Outfit # 2 look good !

Your wife does not like it when you wear a skirt in public

but she is OK when you wear a kilt and high heels ?

I don't see the difference between both.

Maybe she thinks a skirt is too "feminine" for a man to wear ?

IMHO I think the heels are way more "feminine" looking than a skirt...

First time I see a kilt with high heels. Outfit # 2 look good !

Your wife does not like it when you wear a skirt in public

but she is OK when you wear a kilt and high heels ?

I don't see the difference between both.

Maybe she thinks a skirt is too "feminine" for a man to wear ?

IMHO I think the heels are way more "feminine" looking than a skirt...

As a person who was with wetwillie at the second photo op, I'd have to say she appeared a bit nervous about the whole event (Hey - she appeared to be from my first impression) I will say he had nothing to worry about as I am sure she was wondering about me. I know I was way over the edge in my outfit. The college girls seemed to like the look, and being the few older guys amongst a lot of college frat boys, it was a bit different.

Oh - - and I know my wife would have freaked had she seen either of us. It would be just to much for her. She still isn't totally on board with the heels yet.

Beyond all of that, it was a good event. I haven't heard if they will be doing another one this year. If they do, I'll try and make it again - - maybe without a skirt this time though.

As you can see by the photos, I wear kilts. I would prefer skirts (I have a dozen or so) but my wife does not like me wearing them in public.

I'm confused. Your wife doesn't like you wearing skirts, so what's her opinion on the heels? By the by, nice pics!

As you can see by the photos, I wear kilts. I would prefer skirts (I have a dozen or so) but my wife does not like me wearing them in public.

No offence, but Skirts/kilts/heels commands a certain amount of smartness, tidyness, "Well kept" if you like, all of which, your upper half is screaming the opposite...

Its not a good look at all, sorry.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

No offence, but Skirts/kilts/heels commands a certain amount of smartness, tidyness, "Well kept" if you like, all of which, your upper half is screaming the opposite...

Its not a good look at all, sorry.

I agree with Daniel, I kind of like picture 2, its really not too bad at all.

But picture 1, I might agree with Tech that it looks not so "well kept".

Tech has kept himself pretty much invisible all these years but has thrown out sometimes sharp opinions of others, when they look too feminine, too masculine, too this, too that, it would be interesting to see what Tech's outing outfits would look like, if they exist that is. Even just a hint would be kind of nice, otherwise its kind of off the wall to hear these random opinions from you at times.

Tech has kept himself pretty much invisible all these years but has thrown out sometimes sharp opinions of others, when they look too feminine, too masculine, too this, too that, it would be interesting to see what Tech's outing outfits would look like, if they exist that is. Even just a hint would be kind of nice, otherwise its kind of off the wall to hear these random opinions from you at times.

Actually, if you look at the things I've written, you will find that what you have just said is not quite accurate.

I dont throw out sharp opinions if somebody looks too femine, too maculine, or "too this/too that" (Are you just using that in place of having no evidence?

What I do however say, is strictly my own opinion, and is often based on extremely poorly co-ordinated dress sense that just makes them look stupid.

Kneehighs for example, dresses feminine, but pulls it off exceptionally well, many others, sadly not, but they seem to get loads of praise for looking stupid, which to me, in my own opinion, is like the blind leading the blind.

Seriously, does anybody actually seriously think that WWillies look is a good one?

But, as with everybody here, we all have our own opinions, and the freedom to express and share those, inciting further debate, and learning from each other.

That should kick up a fuss lol :irked:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

What I do however say, is strictly my own opinion, and is often based on extremely poorly co-ordinated dress sense that just makes them look stupid.

But is how you look more important than how it makes you feel? I mean, we are dudes who enjoy wearing heels, we obviously don't give a rat's a** how others think we look. Am I wrong here? :irked: