dr1819

Have/Do you wear skirts?  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Have/Do you wear skirts?

• Male and Nope! Never!
    • Male and wear skirts
    • Male and wear kilts
    • Male and wear both/either
    • Female and wear skirts/kilts/sarongs/etc.
    • Female and Nope! Never!
    • I'm thinking it about it, but no decisions yet...

The success of talguyinheels, JeffB and others wearing skirts has got me considering giving it a try as well.

Well, you never know what you can do until you try. I suspect you might find wearing a skirt to be an exhilarating experience.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted "no", because I don't wear them now, or have I in the past. However - I would be open to wearing one in a casual situation - around the house or out & about on a hot day, to the beach/pool as a coverup. Wouldn't wear one to work though. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the legs to pull that off. I'd also have to start shaving my legs too - not sure how my wife would go for that.

• 1 month later...

Man, I love wearing skirts! I have two long jeans skirts I wear winter-round, a couple of thick cotton knit mid-length skirts, and a tie-waist cotton skirt for summer that falls at my knees. I went to Burning Man last summer and had a blast! I wore a skirt the whole time, even during the week prior when I volunteered doing carpentry work helping them set up. Couple of guys in Utilikilts. I was the only one in a jeans skirt.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Hey this Burning Man, sounds cool, would you bring me up to speed, what is it? I would love to be able to be free to wear my skirt also because of the BS where I live I can't. Do you also wear heels with your skirts at this Burning Man?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

• 4 months later...

Most women I know (having nice legs) are wearing skirts...

Maybe the fashion is different in larger urban area ?

And your opinion is universal - because you imply that,of course in my humble opinion.Accept that not all people have to agree with you.I accept your opinion without sharing it - that women have better legs and so on.That is highly individual.And as I have always said - compare hens to hens and roosters to roosters.By the way,since women tend to wear even direct men's apparel bcause of social approval - they generally look different than males wearing the same stuff,as a guy in a skirt,top,heels etc.should be compared to other men.

Couldn't really say if men generally would have better looking legs in heels and skirts than women. The sample size I've seen of men in that attire, in real life, is comparatively small: a few hundred men, many tens of thousands of women. What I can say with certainty from the hundreds of TGs I've seen around in my lifetime, that is the men and women's legs would fall under the category of "indistinguishable" by gender when seen in skirt and heels, with the noted exception of some TGs having a muscle tone that hints at more power and strength. I wear skirts and have done so in public on the rare occasion (checked into a large hotel in male on top/skirt heels hose bottom once. The desk clerks who are well trained not to blink or stare, did not. The other guests on the other hand ....) In any case. the well formed female leg remains the gold standard for what looks good in skirts. When I judge how I look in this attire, it is that standard that I compare myself against.

Couldn't really say if men generally would have better looking legs in heels and skirts than women. The sample size I've seen of men in that attire, in real life, is comparatively small: a few hundred men, many tens of thousands of women.

Well, I like to think I'm one of those few hundred men, I wouldn't wear skirts in public if I didn't think I had the legs for them, and I damn well know I do. But, putting this particular argument aside, to me, it's all about the sheer enjoyment that comes from wearing a skirt, the rush I feel is indescribable and something I just love doing. And that's good enough for me.

Maybe most males have a judgement that is clouded by the natural attraction to the opposite sex...when I distance myself from that I think that males have their own good looks and we should never fall into stereotypes because on the outside ,the media and etc. bombard us that only women are beautiful and so on...P.S. I am a straight man in a relationship with full acceptance of my battle for gender equality in terms of fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember what I voted for. But I do love wearing long skirts around the house. I will be purchasing my first utilikilt here very soon in Seattle. Thanks for the poll.

• 2 weeks later...

For three yards of upholstery fabric and some sewing and gluing I saved about two hundred on my kilt. As I am very inexperienced at sewing and do not have a machine I glued most of the seams before sewing.

My, my! Didn't know you were so skilled. Will you show us a pic of the finished product?

My, my! Didn't know you were so skilled. Will you show us a pic of the finished product?

All of my picture galleries here have been killed but there is a group at Yahoo that is centered around skirts the group is called Menskirts and the picture is called Project. There are some pictures of the kilt before it was finished and other pictures from front, side and back.

Maybe this photo will show the proper way to wear a kilt.

[attachment=14852:100_0135A.jpg

Can this guy pull off a kilt or what? (Even without the sword)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.