Thigh boots

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got any thigh boots :smile: I can't imagine what I'd wear with them. I think the look could be very fetishy and I don't know if I'm brave enough! I've got this thought of those pantomines too, where Dick Whittington or Aladin would wear a tunic type thing which just covered their buttocks and thigh boots. It was a male character and it was always played by a girl with short hair, but the thigh boots usually had really high heels to show it was actually *was* girl or something B) Anyway, sorry for that digression, it's just an image I can't get rid of...

In reply to Thigh boots - a message sent from a friend.... The last time I saw thigh boots being worn in the street was about 3 years ago, we were at a club and this woman came in wearing black leather thigh highs and a short black leather skirt (and white knickers! why white I have no idea!). For most of the evening she seemed to be playing around with the tops of her boots as the temperature in the club was very warm. Temperature reaching 30degrees (Hong Kong spring time :smile: ). By the end of the evening she had removed them and was walking barefoot. Apparently she didn't even have tights or stockings on. I hate to think how pickled her feet would have been. I own a pair of thigh high boots with a 4.5" heel (no plat) and have very few occasions to wear them, but useful to own nonetheless.

This is a platform free shoe zone!

I really can't remember the last time I saw a woman wearing thigh boots in England, Debbie. It might even have been at a panto like Carolyn mentioned. I know it's not your scene, but trousers and ankle boots or loafers/trainers are certainly the most common wear for women here in winter. I think it needs you back to lead the way, and in our colder climate thigh boots would be more appropriate. It would be nice to see more variety...

• 3 weeks later...

Did anybody else see Kylie Minogue on the Brit awards? What did you think of her boots? They were nearly thigh high perhaps she might spark off a trend :smile: I would certainly wear a black version of those in public Jo-Jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

Ah, seems she does that a lot.. I saw her perform on Dutch tv a couple of months ago and there she wore black thigh highs. She pushed the first domino-stone in the world-record attemp in them. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

It is a cruel stereotype because some of us would love to wear such a look, and we may have men who enjoy that look. But then, since men enjoy women wearing the boots with a short skirt, that might be why the style is employed by prostitutes. If they offer a more appealing image, they may have more customers. It is cruel for everyone involved. Especially since I work on 3 Avenue, and at night a few blocks down on the same street, prostitutes have been known to hang out. It would be too easy to be confused for one if hanging around their turf. Woe to any man who ever thinks that of me. He may be going home in a plastic bag. Okay, I am not that mean, but still! Kitten's got klaws.

Your right to a degree Laurie, but I think I myself also would have to flirt it up and a lot to get anywhere near the level of sex workers. Yeah, do on occasion wear knee high boots and a tight leather skirt, but don't walk around trying to make myself seen in a big way. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I would love to wear thigh high heeled boots over my pants but still didn't bring up the courage to do that.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

After all this discussion I have just plucked up courage and bought my first pair of thigh high boots (from e-bay if anybody is interested) and I am going to give them a go in public .. so watch this space and I will let you all know what kind of recation I get :smile: jo-jo xx

• 3 weeks later...

Mano, I never noticed that, heeled thigh highs are readely available from different sources. Jamin in US is offering nice leather heeled thigh highs for 68 USD (see links page on my website).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-02-28 02:09, terayon wrote:

it may be a cruel sterotype...but generally girls walking around in a skirt and thigh boots are regarded as prostitutes..may be different in other parts of the world though...most things are

Yeah... I remembered watching Julia Roberts in the movie "Pretty Woman"... I really like the boots she wore in the film. Here in Singapore, thigh high boots are not suitable because of the hot weather and also, you will be inviting a lot of stares and criticisms from the people here.

Cheers,

Nata

well, when the warmer weather gets here, I shall parade myself through town in my thigh boots. Coupled with shorts of course! :smile:

These are the boots in question

Posted Image

they have a 4.5" heel so should draw some attention ! B)

(re-edited to show picture properly)

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-04-03 19:29 ]</font>

On 2002-03-25 11:26, Highluc wrote:

Mano, I never noticed that, heeled thigh highs are readely available from different sources. Jamin in US is offering nice leather heeled thigh highs for 68 USD (see links page on my website).

well, you hardly see thigh-highs with 6" heels and you almost NEVER find them with 7" heels?? why is that?

mano you must not be looking in the right places. try looking on ebay for them. i have seen many thigh high boots that have 5" and some with 6" heels. also with no platform. i do have a pair of knee high boots with a 4 inch heel, in black patent (what else), but would like to have a pair of thigh hi high heels boots with either a 5" or 6" but do not where i would wear them excpet around the house.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

Hi everybody, I have now worn my new thigh high boots. They are black leather, lace up the front and I feel soooo sexy in them. I wore them to a club with some girlfriends with a short black skirt and I must say that I got some very favourable comments, even from women. This said though I did also get some sneering looks which somewhat took the edge of my evening. I am not put off totally though and will try again at a later date :smile: jo-jo xx