Heel height for daily wear

Debbie(HK)

For me the normal height is 3-1/2 to 4". I very seldom go much higher. I like a variety of styles from the very thin spike for dressy to a thicker stacked heel for daily wear and casual. My favorite pair right now for work is a loafer style with a 4" stacked heel. I have them in both black and brown. They really set off a suit whether skirt or pants. Jodi

My favorite height I don't buy shoes with less than a four inch heel. I have some older shoes with lower heels but I almost never wear them.A lot of my shoes now are around five inches high. I do have several pair of six inch heels but I can only wear them for five or six hours so I have to change into other heels for the rest of the day. Meg-ann

Well, I am working may way up, as I am wearing four inch heels every day. My feet are good all day. Of course, I only have one pair I can wear this time of year. Four inch square post heel black oxfords. Yes, I go on and on about these shoes. I wore them for 13 hours one day this week, no big deal at all. I think I found a good coach! If all goes well this weekend, I will be posting in the new shoes section on Sunday night! :smile:

I'm a little confused by the switch from cm to inches (11cm then you talk of 6 inch?). Anyhow, I still maintain that 6" is too much for "all day" wear unless you have exceptional large feet. 6" or higher may be wearable for an evening but I can assure the purists, that is just is not usual nor common to see a woman in such heels for all day. If I am mistaken, then well done. I remain however, sceptical.

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Ahhh I see! Now I understand Eva. I can wear my Oxfords which are actually 6 3/4" heels (were supposed to be 7") so they are as near as whatever. I find them far easier to walk in as you have the support around the ankle. I've been out in them. Yes Firefox, I've seen heel heights on boxes sometimes. Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

• 2 weeks later...

i am not able to wear real high heels to work. however, i do wear western boots which do have a heel to some extent. but at home i usually wear a pair of 5" or higher. i may have them on all day during the weekend. i have worn my 7" heels all day one time but did not do very much walking. mostly sat at the computer. however with this extreme height it is hard to get your knees under the desk. i do have some 4" heels but rarely wear them any more. all are patent leather and the classic pump.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

i would like to try wearing a 6" heel for a while. like i said before, i have some that are 4" , a lot of 5" and a few that are 5 1/2" and one pair of 7". my 5 1/2" were advertised as 6" and my 7" was advertised as a 6". go figure. all my 5" were advertised as 5". i guess i will have to keep trying to get an honest 6" stiletto pump.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, Good grief it's only a University, when I went to Uni (Melbourne) you could wear anything. OK it's in another Australian state, but really I don't think it would be any different. Only a few elite clubs in Australia have such a thing as a code of dress. SO WEAR YOUR HEELS! :smile: Inga B) _________________ Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-03-02 08:09 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Rules should be brokeb every now and then. Socrates was not correct in thinking we should obey every law even if they might be bad. If someone says no heels, and you wear them anyway, so what? You have to accept and consequences for problems that arise, sure, but just go and be yourself. If you never try something that might not be liked by everyone, that what good is it being alive? We might as all wear wool sweaters of the same colour - creamy white. Me, I choose the black sweater :smile: It's more fun, so wear your heels and show off!

My four years locked in higher education didn't have me noticing many heels. Of course, I was wearing some pretty unglamorous footwear myself. In a concrete campus in the middle of winter, that seems like a requirement when running between classes. I looked nice a few times, and there were some other girls who dressed nice on occassion. Some nice thin heeled loafers I saw once, but of course the next week that girl was just like me, jeans and beat up boots. Such a dychotomy, I think I spelled that word correctly, but who knows. University is about enlightenment and freedom from ignorant and conformist rules, so heels should be a welcome site.

Agree, yep were not allowed to wear heels at school ie pre Uni level HSC/VCE in Aust. But at Uni different story, no such thing as a dress code in Australia. Appears the same in UK. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...