High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Finally, another sighting that is worthy enough to put on the board. I was in the bank in downtown Salem, cashing my paycheck this morning (March 6, 2002), just as i left, the next person in line was a young, attractive latino woman wearing black boots, just below the knee, with a 3"-4" spike heel. I had to take a different route so I can see more of the boots. Very attractive. I gawked at the boots just about a bit too long, I almost missed my bus to go home. Ooops. Still a great sight for that brief moment. Dan

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best place for high heeled sightings still is the tall mirror I built at the end of my shoe stock room (as some of the guys on this board have seen). You can call me chauvinistic i'll accept that.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Another sighting - not :smile: I was in the local hospital today, as my wife's in with rather scary symptoms which have finally been narrowed down to inflammation somewhere in the brain. Not meningitis, thankfully, but that's the closest generally known term I can think of. Anyway, to get back to the point - half a dozen visitors descended on a patient the other side of the ward, including an attractive young lady, very nicely dressed in a dark suit with short skirt and dark nylons and, aaaaarrrrrrrgh, a pair of flat, frumpy lace-ups she must have borrowed from her grandmother's poodle. They looked like the worse kind of offering from the 'men's' section of the shoeshop. It was just the contrast that got me as much as anything.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I had a his & her heel sighting today. I was in a convience store and in walks a guy & gal both wearing tan boots with a 3" heel. They were in and out of the store before I could complement them on their boots.

I was in portland, oregon earlier this week and I saw a very good sighting. I saw this black girl, 18 years old or younger, wearing 4" black blade heel boots waiting on the light rail platform. I usually won't mention sightings like this, but the age of this person, I had to say something and that there could be hope for the younger generation. Dan

Sighting at work, possibly a new girl, young, must be a phone jockey for sales. Short dress, long jacket, four inch heeled platforms that were far too strappy for our weather. -20 C and this girl is going outside (for a cigarette break?) and back in, wearing strappy platforms. Even I have more common sense than that... I wear something with a closed toe at least!

Recently, I took a carefully look at all my high heel shoes and I notice that most of them are manufactured in China. So far, has anyone sighted any girls in high heels in China ?

Cheers,

Nata

This is a bit old... On Monday I saw one of the radio station girls wearing some very nice spike heeled shoes or boots under her pants, four inches for sure. How disappointing, when the next day, she wore some clumpy, thick soled summer flop of a pair of shoes. Cross a flip flop, a sandal, and a rather large piece of cork, and you get the idea. I thought I had competition! I am quite wrong. Of course, I wear the same shoes all of the time, and they must think me poor, not a challenge. Little do they know...

Hayley thank for telling all what the tat was. Oh and wedgies, whilst I don't like them it's only a matter of choice, so keep wearing them as you obviously enjoy them. Happy Easter. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I was totally out-shone by two girls on Friday, one lady was wearing an extremely short ruffled demin mini skirt and what looked like 4in mules with fanastically shaped legs and the other was in knee high boots, fishnets and a leather mini skirt, very hot! for shopping.

When I first starting working, where I was temping there was this one lady who every day was in a different set of heels. She ever wore upto 5in heels and used to tease all the blokes by wriggling her feet out of her shoes. I asked her one day and gave me the advice that she believed a lady should be in heels and that they made feel powerful. She got me into high heels and encouraged me into more exciting hoisery

Mmm. Spring quarter has started here in Los Angeles and while the weather is crummy, I'm seeing lots of 3~4" spike heeled boots with pointed toes. I actually don't care too much for the toes- they're all too long and just seem like too much for class and buying books and stuff. Mid-calf ankle boots with thick heels and a 0.5~1" platform have disappeared along with winter. In their place is thin-soled, more shapely boots with a medium-thickness blade heel... 2~3" most of the time. Not bad. :smile: A few funny wooden wedges, 4" high with a platform, too. They're okay- too weird for me, as I prefer a simple wedge heel or even better, a slim or stiletto heel. Most annoying sighting today: a girl obviously wearing 3~4" wedges, but her jeans litterally touched the ground. Couldn't see them at all.

Boots and more boots. Many three and four inch thin blade heels are showing up in the building. I have to be a bit envious, even if I wear higher heels. I wish I had the money to spend on fancy clothes and knee high leather boots. They are quite the trend.

Boots are definitely IT. They're an all year round fashion in the UK. I think it's partly to do with the fact that they are a great style for high heels and loads of people wear heels here. Mind you, I'm looking forward to seeing more sandles and mules this summe. Even I wear mules if it's hot.

i do love boots :smile: unfortunately it gets WAY to hot here in the summer for girls (or guys for that matter) to wear knee high, or even ankle high (dont like ankle boots anway), so its mostly sandals...but that isnt all bad i suppose

Hey Terayon, that the reason your mom bought you the platform sandals for, what an attentive person she is.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Clubbing tonight. Lots of wedge sandals. Not too many stiletto heels... all in all, not the best sightings tonight. Now a couple days ago on campus, a set of 5" wedge platforms was a beautiful sight. :smile:

I'm working in the middle of nowhere at the moment (East Anglia, UK), and there definitely seems to be a lot of heels around. I'd guess that at least 50% of the fashion-conscious dressers are in heels, and that the typical height is 3"-4". Why oh why do so many ladies wear their jeans / trousers so long though, why would you want to hide beautiful shoes! :smile:

Went to the what's called 'spring-fair' here in Maastricht with my mum tonight. Ofcourse in heels (me that is, not my mum.. :smile: ). Lot's of highheeled women there. Most of course boots with about 3" (thin) blade heels and platforms for the younger gals. Also a lot of the new pointy toe style (pumps as well as boots) which look pretty nice if the heel is in proportion (= high enough). There was also a fashionshow with some nice heels and (leather) clothes. Although the fair itself was a bit disappointing, I certainly got my money's worth.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hey Jeff, what kind of heels did you wear with your mum, did she comment or is she not interested in what you wear anymore? Greetings from Highluc and glad to hear from you again.