High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a couple of people in the chat room have seen the pick but I thought I would post it anyhow.

A shame the heels aren't that high but she was running for the train quite well in them...

Posted Image

:smile:

*Edit by FF: http://spikeysteps.8m.net/LMb15feb2.JPG*

That is the direct URL, you may be able to see the pic by clicking on this instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-02 22:30 ]</font>

Tonights sighting was in a pub in Nuneaton. There was a group of girls in their 20's. One was wearing jeans and a pair of Faith boots (4.5" heel) like the pair I was wearing earlier today. One girl however had a knee length denim skirt and a pair of knee length boots with a pointed toe and 4" spike heel - just like Jeffs. The girls could cope with the heels as well.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I see really hot girls at my school wearing boots and heels all the time....winter is my favorite season for two reasons....snowboarding, and all the girls wear their knee high boots! yesterday when eating lunch at the lodge, i saw this group of girls, all wearing skirts and knee high platform boots...2 of them had on wedge heels...very very fine ladies =)

I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a lady wearing some very high heel pointed toe stilleto boots. They were red. It seems odd place to spot this kind of footware. Maybe she was planning to go out and needed to make a quick stop. The lady was tall so the heels made her look even taller. She was also volutuous (sp) or full figured but not fat, nice curves. Maybe I should have spoke to her. I hear some poeple meet there love in a grocery store. :smile:

Voluptuous, maybe? There is a P in there as I remember. And I wear heels when I go grocery shopping, it's no big deal. Three inch, four inch, sometimes I out class the rest of the shoppers who are not worried about how they look at that moment (good for them in some sense) and even if I am wearing clothes that are quite casual, I am wearing heels. Why? I am used to them! As for meeting one's love in the grocery store, that could happen, but the stereotype is about you checking out the melons and squeezing them, or some such thing. Produce section. You could always try the internet as well, unless you are hung up one seeing someone before you can be interested in the person.

I can't believe that I saw a girl in my office building wearing heels today. This is a first!!! She had on a pair of black slingbacks with a 4" slightly bell heel and an elongated to with snipped tip. While I'm not crazy about the long toe look, it was just so outstanding to see heels! And she knew how to walk in them, too!

To all UK television addicts: Who watched "They think it's all over" tonight. Jonathan Ross striking out for men's fashion by wearing heels. Granted that they were about 2.5" to 3" and more styled towards a cowboy look but they were noticed and remarked upon. Gary Lineker saying that Jonathan nicked them from his wife's wardrobe :smile: I think Gary was jealous that Jonathan had got to them first B) You don't have to be rich or famous to wear heels, just be you!

Out in K-town (Korean town) in Los Angeles tonight... saw a very nice looking Korean girl in what looked like 5" sandals with a straight, narrow block heel, a single strap across the toe and a single strap across the ankle. Very, very sexy and among the highest heels I've seen in months- especially without a platform!

out to a nice restaurant sat nite. there must have been a winter ball at the college or high school. all the guys had suits and some tux's. the ladies all had long gowns on so you could not see there heels very good. however, the ones i did see, were all sandals with the big chunky heel and a platform, but not very much. i also commented to my s/o to look at a couple who had floor length gowns and tennis shoes on. not very sexy and just killed the elegant look.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

On 2002-03-02 13:18, hhpumps wrote:

out to a nice restaurant sat nite. there must have been a winter ball at the college or high school. all the guys had suits and some tux's. the ladies all had long gowns on so you could not see there heels very good. however, the ones i did see, were all sandals with the big chunky heel and a platform, but not very much. i also commented to my s/o to look at a couple who had floor length gowns and tennis shoes on. not very sexy and just killed the elegant look.

Hi HHP,

Goes to show how bad fashion sense this younger generation has. Femininity and glamour goes out the window with this generation. Maybe when they 'grow up', they'll have a clue.

Dan

Oh to have the glamorous attitude of old, where Hollywood made women into goddesses more than they made them scantily clad sex objects. Heels of any height were still eloquent and fashionable, and I am sure everyone can name some examples. Hey... I am going to post a new thread. Be right back!

I edited Geoff's post to put in the direct link to the picture too. I think his server doesn't allow you to load pics onto other webpages. Once you have seen the pic by other means, then your machine will often store it on your own hard drive cache which explains why Geoff's link works later. I think that's right. Jeff can probably explain it better :smile:

It's probably one of those temp files and user history things. I accessed the picture, and then a few days later I was seeing it on the page. Now, my history has been deleted from the first day I viewed the picture, so each message has the annoying red x in it again. So it is a computer thing that allows it to be seen after the first viewing on our wonderful page here, but for a limited time only.

the picture will exist for as long as your temporary internet files folder has not been purged of old data and if you do a lot of surfing and only assign a small amount of space, then this can be only a matter of days til you lose the picture again

On 2002-03-01 23:54, Francis wrote:

To all UK television addicts:

Who watched "They think it's all over" tonight.

Jonathan Ross striking out for men's fashion by wearing heels. Granted that they were about 2.5" to 3" and more styled towards a cowboy look but they were noticed and remarked upon. Gary Lineker saying that Jonathan nicked them from his wife's wardrobe :smile:

I think Gary was jealous that Jonathan had got to them first B)

Gary Lineker is a fine one to talk- Have you seen him in the new Walkers Crisps advert looking like his sister! Needs a double take to recognise him at first.

Jonathon Ross is good for pushing the limits of mens fashions. He turned up in some kind of a skirt for one show.

Calv

I've been on a weekend trip to York with my brother and mates who I go to the pub quiz with. We had a great time. Most people were wearing boots, including some stillettos. The prize though must go to one of the waitresses at breakfast this morning. Tall blonde, white blouse, black skirt, nude tights and a nice pair of leather 3" blade heels with a slightly pointed square toe. She didn't keep still for a moment and, as the floor was ceramic tiles, the heels were very musical as well. I've still got the wonderful image stored in my memory. :smile:

Calv

I saw a report in the paper about the Grammy bash and there was a picture of Booty Collins (never heard of him!) with an outrageous leopard outfit on with platform shoes peeping out from under flared trousers. Couldn't see the height of the heels, but they were probably 3-4" judging by the angle of the sole behind the 1" platform.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Bootsy Collins. Not likely that you would have heard of dear old Bootsy. He's not very mainstream. You only win awards for two reasons. One, and probably the best, is for doing something outstanding and so incredible people just cannot understand how it is possible. Two, you cater to the masses with something simple, catchy and that required no brain power. But everyone buys it. Sadly, this is the more common winner of awards, especially for music.

Bootsy, is it? What did he do for his country, then, to end up in the Grannies? Is he an asset or a hindrance for making heels mainstream for blokes (dudes??)?

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Bootsy is a very fanous bass player in the Funk Scene. He played with James Brown and George Clinton (no relation to Bill) and has quite a unique style. Is he a spokeman for the heels for men movement? Should he be? Well, maybe not. He is very extreme in some of his styles, and being an all star of Funk, well, it will not be a noral attitude for heel wearing, even if it is more accepted for his efforts in his boots.

Spikey Dan mentioned in the "Celebrity" thread that female guests on late-night talk shows often wear heels. Tonight on Jay Leno, Heather Locklear is on, looking stunning in a white pantsuit with white quarterstrap sandals on a 3" heel. HOT! She's also been moving her feet around a lot. I love when women in heels are kind of fidgety. It's like their extra-conscious of what they're wearing.

Ugh. Please replace the "their" in my last post with "they're." That's one of my biggest English-language pet peeves and I can't believe I actually DID that. As an apology, I will tell of another recent heel sighting. The receptionist at the office I work at is fairly attractive and often wears a variety of heels. The other day she was wearing a pair of 4" thicker-heeled sandals (fabric, not my favorite). She's got great feet, and the other day she got on her knees on her chair, facing the back of it, grabbed the top of the chair and started rocking back and forth. Seeing her do that in her sexy heels was quite exciting. I told her to stop. When she asked I why I told her, "Because I'm a man and seeing you do that has an inappropriate effect on me." She laughed, said, "Oh yeah, huh" and stopped. She teases me with it now when I go up to her desk to do the postage.

Stremph, just go to edit, which is underneath your message and fix it yourself. My english here is pretty crappy also. I'm not fussed, it's not like I'm writing a academic paper, just having a bit fun chatting to people with a common interest. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.