buying ballet boots -- knee/thigh/leather/patent?

onyourtoes

Which Ballet Boots should OnYourToes get?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ballet Boots should OnYourToes get?

I'm ready to buy a pair of Pleaser-Devious ballet heel boots. I'm not sure if I want knee or thigh high, though. It seems that the feel of the boot hugging my entire leg would be wonderful, but what about convenience? Would the stiffness in the knees be too much? Also, I'd have to take off my pants to put them on or take them off. Then again, if I get the knee highs, will I wish I had gone higher? After all, I don't think I should consider practicality in a pair of boots with 8 inch heels! Now, black genuine leather, or synthetic patent? Patent is usually stiffer than leather so I may be able to get more support. I know it's important to lace tightly around the foot so the weight is better distributed away from my poor toes. However, patent is always hot or cold, squeaks and creaks, and is very conspicuous (as if I'd be inconspicuous lurching along in leather boots). I had a pair of pleaser knee patent boots (5 inch) and rubbed Vaselene on the tongue and that stopped most of the noise. Leather is quiet, more comfortable, and well, what boots are supposed to be made of. But it's more expensive, too, and it's hard to self-justify spending $130-$220 on a pair of boots that are really just for show. Also is the leather at this price level going to be to thin to give any real support? Well, there you have it folks. The poll is open 'til January 22. Votes and comments will be tallied and I'll order the boots.

Leather Thigh, definitely! If your going for ballets, might as well not hold back.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I would go for the Leather - knee high :wink: Well actually - I did! :D I allways find knee high very comfy - I have a pair of rubber thigh high boots (not Ballet) and all too soon they become uncomfortable behind the knee, as did a previous pair of tight - lace-up leather boots. The only comfortable thigh-highs I have had are the zip-up type - the type one tends to wear over jeans (well in the late 80's anyhow!) :wink: BB

I have the patent knee highs, but thats only due to the fact those were the only ones availiable at the time. I may have to try out the thigh highs though :D Might be after the 22'nd as I am going to NYC to visit a few friends, and may need the money up there. I have the zip up stretch patent thigh boots from Devious, they are fun also, and very flexible. You should be Very happy with either choise :wink: Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 1 month later...

I studied the poll results, read all the comments, looked at my mad money balance, and put it off for a month.

I finally ordered the knee high boots in black leather from www.ineedshoes.com, I don't remember where I heard of them (probably here), but they had about the best prices I've seen. (and it turns out good service, too)

Once I ordered them, they told me they were out of stock in size 11 and they sent the order to the manufacturer for shipment when they arrived. Well, they arrived today, well ahead of schedule, and THEY ARE REALLY NICE!

They fit like a glove, the leather is strong (I was afraid of something stretchy), and well, I'm glad I got them.

There are extra people in the house for a couple days, but as soon as things get back to normal (and I can walk well enough to trip the camera self-timer then get in the picture), I'll post some pictures here.

Thanks for all your input. I think I made the right choice.

Very good to hear that your first boots arived and fit :cry: I've had a few friends that even if something kinky showed up at the house they had no problems with me trying it out while they were there. One friend, who was working for my family company at the time knew about me having ballet heels.. and didnt give a shit that I wanted to test the fit of a hooded gasmask I ordered from the uk.. but thats another story :D Make sure to let us know how the boots work out when you get to have some quality time with them. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hallo onyourtoos, welcome to the owner of ballet heels. I hope you will get some pleasure of them while walking them arround. And getting proud on able to do so. I hope one of more pics will come on here and show how you are doing in your balletheels. enjoy the feeling of walking in balletheels A3

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Roxanne, you can either get gel inserts, fabric inserts or just fabricate something yourself. Look on google for ballet dancer supplies, and you will find toe pads there, They make life so much more comfortable, especially when you try them out and about for the first time BB2000

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have found that Dance Tech toe savers work well with Leo'stoe box gel pad size 4. I have Devious leather ankle boots and I'm up to an hour of continual walking/standing in them without toe pain I have tried a lot of different padding products and the gel type padding works the best for me. It's fun walking around in the ballet boots and they give my leg s a bit of a workout as well. Enjoy!!!:smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have Ballet Heels in Ankle, Calf, Knee and Thigh lengths - and the thigh lengths are by far the most comfortable and stable to walk in as they offer so much more support for the leg.

I always buy real leather where possible too as it 'gives' unlike PU leather which I hate.

I'm glad you're happy with your choice 'onyourtoes'...I look forward to seeing your photos when they are done.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 5 months later...

Personally, I don't like tight high boots from Pleaser. Thats because I have long and thin legs, so the tight high boots won't fit properly. If you're legs are average, then go fore some tight highs, if not, don't make the same mistake I've done :wave:

• 1 month later...

Although the original purpose of this poll was to advice Onyourtoes on the choice of ballet boots, I did add my vote today. Way too late.... Anyway, I voted for the knee high patent boots. And if it was my choice, I would go for lace-up boots.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

knee high patent boots. Would love tight highs but can't really suggest them as they won't fit very well if your legs are shorter or longer than normally. For example I once bought a pair of tight high pleaser domina and as my legs are a bit longer than average the boot - even with lacings - didn't fit very well. So either you should go for crotch highs or knee highs in my opinion.

• 5 months later...

I voted for the "patent knee-highs". I have the Devious ballet heel shoes that just lace up in the front, not even boots. Now I do love wearing my knee-high platforms, as seen in my current avatar. I have never worn any kind of thigh-high boots ever. The feeling of those boots around my legs is amazing. Thigh-highs my be too restrictive, or I may still be missing out, lol. Seemingly I prefer knee-highs over thigh-highs, nothing against thigh-highs of course.

Regardless, enjoy.