Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

SleekHeels,

No real apparent reactions but I did see quite a few of the store associates smiling in a good way.  Don't know if it had anything to do with my appearance but it did make me feel good about what I was wearing.  Just looked like approval.

Steve,

I was smiling on the inside, really, it just didn't show. :(   Sorry, I'll try to do better but with my crappy short timer on my camera I am always rushed.

You have to know I am happy when I wear my heels!  :)

Jim

Maybe the gap with the boots up isn't so bad because the boots have quite a relaxed fit anyway. I'd be inclined to look at how other people are wearing their knee boots out and about, see how they're making the gap work (or not) for them and get some inspiration from that. I quite like the overall combination as it is, but I wonder if maybe a slighly less form-fitting (A-line) skirt or a coat the same length would balance the gap of the boots? Good luck finding a look you're happy with, that's the main thing.

If you like it, wear it.

I agree with JeffB. They look better up than down. I have some boots that are big in the calves too. I still wear them. My newest boots, are much more fitting at the top of my calves.

Have fun wearing your new boots.

Yesterday, I had a conversation with three women all about mid 40's, who were wearing skinny jeans with their riding boots, about men wearing that same look with skinny jeans tucked inside of their boots. They all agreed that, look was OK for men to wear, too. One woman said, "more power to them". My reply was, "why can't men wear that same look too, as I do". They all nodded with approval.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yesterday, I had a conversation with three women all about mid 40's, who were wearing skinny jeans with their riding boots, about men wearing that same look with skinny jeans tucked inside of their boots. They all agreed that, look was OK for men to wear, too. One woman said, "more power to them". My reply was, "why can't men wear that same look too, as I do". They all nodded with approval.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Sounds like quite the interesting chat, bluejay. The only way I'd go back to wearing jeans these days would be with riding boots which is an awesome look that I see everywhere!  :rocker:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It might be a little late in the season for this, but here is a photo I consider appropriate for this thread.  I am not ready to wear this outfit in public, but I rather like the look.  Actually, I took this photo to tease my young cousin who thinks she has great legs, but was wary of posting it on Facebook.  I thought this would be a good place to post this photo, to get some constructive feedback. For the record, I don't consider myself a "Freestyler."

post-19325-0-63113200-1383956995_thumb.j

It might be a little late in the season for this, but here is a photo I consider appropriate for this thread.  I am not ready to wear this outfit in public, but I rather like the look.  Actually, I took this photo to tease my young cousin who thinks she has great legs, but was wary of posting it on Facebook.  I thought this would be a good place to post this photo, to get some constructive feedback. For the record, I don't consider myself a "Freestyler."

Dude.. the ' missing ' part of that photo is some tanning for those legs. ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Suntan hose? (cringe) A Vietnamese girl goes out of her way to stay that white! Perhaps I should have waited until later in the summer to take that picture. By the way, I've worn the shorts and the sandals in public, just not both at once.

Suntan hose? (cringe) A Vietnamese girl goes out of her way to stay that white! Perhaps I should have waited until later in the summer to take that picture.  

That would explain why the ladies who do my pedicures are always fawning over my legs - I too have very pale skin and they are always commenting on it, and putting their arms up against my legs to compare the color (or lack thereof)!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

That would explain why the ladies who do my pedicures are always fawning over my legs - I too have very pale skin and they are always commenting on it, and putting their arms up against my legs to compare the color (or lack thereof)!

This is probably not the place for this discussion, but it just occurred to me to question why it seems to be "necessary" to have a tan?  After all, we know it's bad for you anyway!  I pretty much have a permanent "farmer's tan," due to the nature of my work.

By the way, I've worn the shorts and the sandals in public, just not both at once.

I don't see why you couldn't or wouldn't, they look great.  Consider emphasizing the light legs with white hose.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

They're called Griffina and I ordered them from Spring earlier this year. But now it seems they don't have them anymore, but I did find them on the US site. http://www.callitspring.com/us/clearance/womens-boots/ankle-boots/90414919-griffina/96

And they're on sale for just $20.99 right now!  They look better on you than in their photos, likely due to a bit more space between the heel and the forefoot sole in a larger show size.  What is the noise factor on those?  Click, clomp, or quiet?  With a 4" heel, I'm tempted.

Newfie:   I like those new boots of yours but those in your avatar are even better!   The appear to be a very good compromise between neat elegance and male-wear acceptability.   Can you tell us more about them please, e.g. toe shape and heel height - some pics would be good!   (I wish I could find something like those in the UK, size UK11/Eu45, but I have little hope of that.)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Geez if I had known how many ppl would like these I would've posted pics sooner lol. I'd say it's like a clomp. I like the attention so I welcome any noise lol.

How does your wife like them? Did you also get a pair for her?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks again everyone for all the awesome compliments!!! :D I was just saying to a friend yesterday that I finally feel that it's my fashion, and not just something that sticks out about me, like it finally feels like I've made it my own.

Newfie: I like those new boots of yours but those in your avatar are even better! The appear to be a very good compromise between neat elegance and male-wear acceptability. Can you tell us more about them please, e.g. toe shape and heel height - some pics would be good! (I wish I could find something like those in the UK, size UK11/Eu45, but I have little hope of that.)

I always thought that too, that they are everything a man's heel should be. I bought them like a few years ago on ebay, I don't know the actual model but they're made by Tommy Hilfiger. Normally I would never wear his stuff but these boots were too amazing pass up! If memory serves I think I paid around $30 (cdn) for them, but deff under $50. They are real leather, the soles are rubber, and the buckle strap things weren't attached except for going through a loop in the back and were a nuisance when it came to taking them off and on so I just left them off. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking...

Posted Image

Posted Image

How does your wife like them? Did you also get a pair for her?

My wife is 110% supportive! She knew about my heeling before we started dating so it's never been an issue in our relationship. These particular boots aren't quite her taste but I make sure she never does without any pairs that catches her eye lol.

Many thanks, Newfie - I like the look of those TH boots even more now!   The heel is perhaps a little narrow (in back view) for a man's boot but the side view is great.   What height are they, please - I guess slightly less than 4"?

Just a new outfit, getting braver (for me) and I'm wearing heels on full display with slim/straight leg jeans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the leather jacket with a built in hoodie.  That gives your top half a relaxed and cool vibe.  The bottom half also being black goes well.  Good job!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.