The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

ONE: Winter Wonderland

Blizzard conditions didn't stop anyone from going out Saturday night and it definitely didn't stop me from donning my perfect pair of Nine West 4" pumps and heading out for a good time.

The night began slow at the bar. I wound up conversing with some guy from London. It was interesting to share tidbits about British views of America with him. Things got more interesting when these two girls sat next to me. The one on the left was from Belgium and the one on the right was from the Upper East Side. The one on the right thinks that sex constitutes 50% of what makes a relationship successful. Hmmm, I like sex, but my theory is people often exaggerate somethings importance when they lack that certain something. As soon as she said she would never date a guy in high heels, I lost interest though.

Soon I found myself talking to two other girls. See the Good Responses from women thread, dated 2-12-06 for the feedback I received from these cuties.

So, the night moved on and I crossed paths with this girl. We didn't talk that long as I was distracted with meeting this girl and her friend. Both of them were wearing hot stiletto boots. Chemistry started to brew with the darker haired of the two and soon the conversation flowed into shoes. I complimented her boots and soon she asked me if I wanted to wear her boots? Ha! After a few more minutes of talking, I politely excused myself to further investigate the latest scenic developments elsewhere.

This girl was looking pretty good. After this I went back to talk to the second pair of girls. We chatted and it sure was nice knowing I was an instantly accepted as a Permament Resident Guest of the Official High Heel Wearing Society of Manhattan. We exchanged good byes as I made my way back to the brunette who wanted me to wear her boots. This time, as soon I sat down next to her, she took her boot off, and commanded that I try her boot on. So I tried it on, but it was too small and didn't fit. She asked who was the girl that loaned me my black pumps? She said she was jealous because I should be wearing her boots and not someone elses. She did even say I was a cutie (I'm def no model, but no ugly duckling either). HERE is a pic of how things started with her. And this how things

ended

Not bad feedback there. I actually didn't perceive that this girl actually even considered my high heels as anything other than normal. She didn't probe with the usual, "Why?" or "Are you gay?" or "What other women's clothing items do you wear?"

I made my way from there and saw this lady standing alone. So I chatted her up and soon after getting some rapport found myself saying the exact same "line" again, "My shoes are pointier than yours." We talked a bit more and soon, she too was was getting flirty with my pumps. HERE is a pic of her flirting with my pointy toe pump. Her hair looks really messy here because she kept putting up in into a pony tail and then letting it hang loose. That was an interesting experience to be sure.

Found myself yet again exploring for further fun and passed this on the way:

Posted Image

I did get a chance to sit down next to this group of girls. . The one closest to me in the pic complimented my pumps saying, "those are nice shoes. Are they from Nine West?" The second girl to my right didn't like the pumps, but was tolerant. In my defense the first girl offered up that it was a fashion statement. They both asked me to stand up and pose. I did and the first girl said, "It works for you. You are thin and have a slim build so it looks good. I like it." At this point I was thinking to myself, "Has she heard of us from the internet?"

Made my way from there and went to the bar to get some water. I was standing next to some girls, one of which was wearing pumps. One of the girls looked at my pumps and immediately said, "nice shoes." I said thanks, but wasn't interested at that point in developing conversation as I was getting tired and ready to leave. I did meet this girl from Philly. After getting rapport, she concluded about my heel wearing, "If your feeling it, then rock it!"

Yet another gallery of positive experiences to add to my personal collection. A good night overall.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs, You are absolutely amazing. Setting the town on fire and doing it in fabulous shoes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Kneehighs –

WOW seems like an understatement. Sounds like you had a great night on the town. How do people react to posing for pictures?

I still think you looked great in the knee boots you wore over your jeans. Seems like Winter in New York would be a great excuse to give them a try (you could always wear them under your jeans if outside didn’t work).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy--In answer to your question, "How do people react to posing for pictures?"....Good question and one which I pursue through a well mannered and tactful poise.

When framed correctly, a camera can be a real "chick magnet." Usually, I make new friends before I ask to take a pic. Or as I like to put it, I get rapport, then ask if they would be okay with me taking a pic. When I first get rapport, 100% of the time, people are enthusiastic to have their pic taken. Many times, they offer up a creative pose to create drama for the pic too.

A few of the pics are taken randomly of strangers. In those cases, I am discrete about how I pull out my camera and when and where I choose to take the pic. 99% don't even notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a real spectacular Saturday night this weekend. Actually, all I did was go to Barnes and Noble in my Bandolino Croco print pumps:

Posted Image

I was wearing an outfit similar to THIS, except the shirt I was wearing said London on it. The letters on the words London looked like someone splattered paint on the t-shirt and accidentally wrote London. I also had my tuxedo blazer on. The blazer seems to really get peoples attention in a good way. Also, you could see the skin on my feet exactly as posted in the pic.

Anyhow, when I was standing at the cafe counter ordering my mocha and raspberry Godiva chocolate bar, I could tell a girl about 20 feet away who was studying was watching me. She was alone at a small table. I think she was Middle Eastern. Anyhow, I could tell she was entertained by watching me. I could feel her eyes pierce my presence for almost the entire time I was waiting for my mocha to be made.

What was interesting during this episode is that I realized I can turn my masculine "wave producer" on or off at will. When she was watching me, and it was for more than a few seconds, I turned my masculinity on high. Somehow I just know that she was confused trying to reconcile my feminine shoes and masculine presence. But when she wasn't watching me and I felt like indulging my femininity, I treated myself to feeling feminine in my pumps.

Other than that, it was a pretty standard Saturday night. Books, mocha, chocolate, and stiletto croco heels.

• 2 months later...

Today I wore my black cloak military shirt,

Posted Image

(left the bottom button unbottoned so that my white t-shirt I layered beneath it would show though at my waist)...light colored spring distressed seven for all mankind jeans to match the new spring weather, and my Bandolino croco pumps without socks. If anyone looked down at my feet, it was obvious I was wearing womens croco pumps without socks.

And a few people did look down at my first stop at Barnes and Noble in Chelsea. In fact, a female employee looked down right at my feet as I was passing her in the aisle way. She looked up at me and smiled and said hello. Obviously, no big deal to her. To echo the conclusions of others here: most people don't care what you wear on your feet.

Then I went to the mens restroom. The first guy I passed looked down at my feet, but didn't do an obvious double take (not that I was even looking for that actually). Clicked my way to the stall, ..., washed my hands and then I perused the self help section again, grabbed a book on sales, and headed upstairs to the cafe lounge. Ordered my usual double mocha, headed to an empty table and enjoyed myself.

People just don't care what you wear on your feet for the most part, and like others have said, most are too polite to say anything if they do notice. After Barnes and Noble, I took the subway in my pumps to Penn Station. Sill, the same lack of reaction was omnipresent. People don't care and thats even when you are stepping over their bags, standing right besides them.

It was a non-chalant experience again, with no undue attention drawn to myself. Others didn't care and I just "lived my life and did my thing"

I love that shirt, Kneehighs - awesome! I went out Saturday, and for the first time in a long, long time, got drinking stunk. (I'm sure you get my drift!) I met up with two women with whom I've been friends for about a year. The first gave me a big hug and a kiss, and then did something interestingly different - she said "brace yourself, buster, you've been away too long," and proceeded to give me about 20-second smooch that was very passionate indeed. When she was done, she said, "I've been waiting to do that for a long time! Needless to say I went along with it, although I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to say to her husband, as he and I are friends. I'll probably not say a thing, and if I know her she probably will, so I'll just let him bring it up if he wants. The second woman was much more reserved but we had a great time talking for about two hours, and she asked me about my heels, which are a pair of Reflections leather boots with a 2.5" block heel in the back. Even though it's not much of a heel, she's never seen me in heels, and asked, "don't people stare at you?" I waived my hand around the room and remarked, "apparently not." The boots are by far the most comfortable that I own, although they're not much so far as heels go. Still, when you're going out with a bunch of folks with whom you may be somewhat self-conscious, they're worry-free. Regardless, I had a great time, then walked home!

dr1819 Nice to hear that you walked home. Believe or not, I don't always "drink like a fish" when I go out. Sometimes I just like to swirl, sniff, and sip a couple glasses of red wine all night.

Its nice to have some fun here and there though. As the saying goes, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." :D

I felt like I needed to, although most of the time I just don't drink at all, except for an occasional glass of wine with dinner, and then only if it complements dinner! The only other time I'll drink is if a friend says "Let me buy you a pint" and I a good two-hour series of conversations will ensue. Then I'll indulge. And to be honest, during about five hours hanging with friends I had just three beers, so I really wasn't tying as much on as I'd alluded.

• 3 weeks later...

Paris Pictorial: Spring 2006, part I

Ah yes. Paris. It is everything they say it is. Beauty. Art. Architecture. The original culinary capital of the world, the Parisians lived up to their reputations in every way possible. And the beauty of Paris was not only in the outside, but in the inside of nearly every Parisian I met. Forget that stereotype that the Parisians are snobs...Parisians were almost romantically cordial and elegantly respectful.

Click Here for a breathtaking night view of the city

Here is beauty I met on the metro at Etienne Marcel, the most fashionably edgy neighborhood in Paris. I liked the outfit she was wearing and started up a conversation with her while we waited for the metro to arrive. Fortunately, she spoke a little english, so communication was possible.

Posted Image

And you thought this was the most romantic city in the world? Then what on earth was this sign doing across the street from St. Chapelle? :roll:

Posted Image

These are pics taken at Le Cab, a nightclub across the street from the Louvre. It was difficult for me to talk to many people because of the language barrier and oddly enough, I found myself speaking spanish with more people than english.

Check out the studs on her shoes

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a killer view of some stilettos for you

Not bad, your pictures from Paris. They are remembering me that my sister Martina is living since many years in Paris and that I should visit her again. The girl, which you met on the platform of the Metro, is really wonderful. An upright compliment of a gay guy! My next destination on high heels will be Paris. Tina knows my hobby, I have worn her boots already at an age of sixteen :roll:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

micha I think Tina is just waiting for you to visit Paris in your heels. :roll:

Sunset Dinners at the Louvre

And along the topic of Paris and heels, I actually had the opportunity to join two women for dinner while in Europe. The first I joined for dinner at Le Cab outside the Louvre. Delicious foie gras and red wine overlooking the sunset at the Louvre with this cutie from Paris was fun. Best of all, I was in my black Nine West 4" court heels, Seven Jeans, and wrinkled white oxford.

After a classic 3 hour dinner, Laurence walked me to Point Zero of Paris, the absolute center of Paris which is right in front of Notre Dame. From there we parted ways, and I set out to explore the nightlife of Paris.

Paris Nightlife Begins

The first stop for the night was the lounge downstairs inside of Le Cab. Drinks were 13 euros each, which is about equal to what I pay here in nyc, so that wasn't bad. I was standing at the bar talking with the bartender in english when another guy standing nearby commented how he liked my english. I said thanks and after we got to talking, it turned out he was a Doctor from Paris and was himself about to embark out on an evening of partying in Paris. He asked if I'd like to join him, so I said sure. The whole time I was in my courts still.

VIP Club

We wound up at a bar/lounge along the Champs-Elysées called VIP Club. This place was fun and apparently one of the more prestigious and difficult to get into nightclubs in Paris. Drink prices immediately reflected that too: 20 euros a pop (about 14 pounds). Ouch.

But when you are in 4" pumps and joined by company that looks this good, that all became irrelevent.

The night ended with the 2 girls joining us back in his apt in the 16th for partying until 7:30 am the next morning. Wow. That will be a memory to hold onto for a long time to come.

Paris sounded like a blast, kneehighs. Would like to go there myself sometime.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Paris sounded like a blast, kneehighs. Would like to go there myself sometime.

It was fun. The effects of the language barrier showed themselves a challenge to overcome...funny how I take English foregranted when going out here in the States. More pics and stories to come over the weekend.

Kneehighs:-) It sounds like you had a great time in Paris and I will be interested in reading more and viewing more pics. It appears that you fit in very well there. What great fun for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

In London

I mentioned in the heel meet thread that on Saturday night I chatted up a blonde from Poland. I opened the conversation by asking her about the color of her shoes. Eventually, we developed a good enough rapport for me to ask her for dinner the next evening, which we did. When time is of the essence, I close deals fast so we arranged to meet at the Picadilly Circus stop the very next day, by the horse fountain.

Heel-D got to see my new black Next pinstriped pants that I wore with a black blazer and a white London t-shirt beneath the blazer. Naturally, I lived for this moment to wear my Nine West 4" courts on a "first date".

I was going to have good time whether this girl showed up or not and pleasingly, she did. We walked to an Italian Restaurant down the road and had dinner. Whats funny is that there was another couple about two tables down from us and the girl was wearing some drop dead gorgeous black stilettos. When that couple got up to leave, they paused in front of the table that my date and I were sitting at. At that very same minute in time, I looked at the other girls shoes (I know, a big first date faux pas) and that caused my date to ask me, "Do you like shoes?" She asked that loudly enough that the couple who were pausing in front of my table could hear. They were pausing to look at my shoes mind you.

Ha! I said, "what?" I could see through my peripheral vision that the other couple was virtually hypnotized with my shoes. The guys eyes turned to me. So I said to my date, "What does that have to do..." at which point the couple just walked off and started to re-mind their own business. My date said, "its okay..its normal"

From there, we went to a local pub to drink warm beer and talk. We talked until about 12 am and after a good evening of talking, we decided to walk to Trafalgar Square.

Now that was amazing. Imagine Trafalgar Square with hardly anyone else around...It was quiet and we were walking underneath the softly lit backdrop of Trafalgar Square and the elegant Old World Ambiance of London. Now that is romantic.

I'll leave the rest to your imaginations.

and yes, there is a link to a pic somewhere up there!

Back to Paris

Posted Image

Paris is simply amazing. Its like a giant museum..even the monuments are symmetrically lined up through the city. Breathtaking detail in everything there.

Clubbing in Paris was a bit more difficult than in the states for me because of the language barrier. Sure, some people spoke english, but it became a game of numbers trying to chat up people until I found someone who did. I did talk with these girls from Geneva:

Posted Image

Funny enough, I met this girl who spoke english. She worked in London of all places and was in Paris for the weekend. Very cool person. We talked about stocks for a few minutes as she worked for the equivalent of the S & P 500 in London. Then, I brought up my shoes. Her first question was, "Whose shoes are those?" I think she thought I was wearing someone elses shoes. I've had that reaction before.

I said, "they're mine. You didn't even notice until I pointed them out did you?" She said, "no" and then she took my hand and lead me to the dance floor.

Almost forgot this couple I spotted at the Louvre. Has anyone else seen this couple before? The two dark skinned guys were walking with them. Do you think the guy on the left in the trench coat is a body guard? In a tour book to nyc, I saw the same people:

Posted Image

And another world famous landmark:

Posted Image

Almost forgot this couple I spotted at the Louvre. Has anyone else seen this couple before? The two dark skinned guys were walking with them. Do you think the guy on the left in the trench coat is a body guard?

Yes i've seen them on a British program called Eurotrash.

They are called Eva and Adele or the Egghead Sisters. I think they come from Germany or Austria and are quite well known performance artist - though quite what they do I'm not sure.

They have a flash based website : www.evaadele.com but i didnt find it all that good, there may be better website which tells you more about them.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I guess this is more of an online diary moment, a glimpse into my online adventure at getty images which uncovered these beauties I thought you may like:

HERE

HERE

HERE

And this girl from Israel pictured in The Fashion Spot's streetstyle from Israel thread is adorable:

Posted Image

Dude - you're just like this babe magnet, you know? Sounds like a real problem. Perhaps you should try, oh, like not shaving, or blowing your nose farmer style. That might shed a few boo.. er, babes. :roll:

Dude - you're just like this babe magnet, you know? Sounds like a real problem. Perhaps you should try, oh, like not shaving, or blowing your nose farmer style. That might shed a few boo.. er, babes.

:wink:

LOL :roll:

I love Dunkin Donuts Turbo Coffee. Anyway, on lunch a friend and I went to Dunkin Donuts to get some coffee and this "homeless looking guy" decided when he was in front of me to blow his nose, "farmer style". So, as his torso was facing the counter in front of him he turned his head sideways and blew some major "stuff" out, not realizing that part of it hit me smack on my cheek.

Eeeewwwwwww....

Went out tonight with a couple from Manhattan (him) and Long Island (her). I wore my new stiletto pumps, the Stuart Weitzman pumps that I just received from Zappos. These are some seriously beautiful pumps. I didn't point out to either of my friends that I was wearing pumps. I just let the night take its own course, not attempting to hide them from view, nor attempting to promote them either.

This is what the crowd looked like

early on

Since I had some new stiletto's, I decided to compare my shoes with the women's. In this pic, the girl was wearing Nine West's. We talked about Bandolino being a good brand too. What was interesting is that as soon I said they were Stuart Weitzman's, most girls usually responded very positively. I always told the women they were from the women's side tpo. One said, "So what, they are Stuart Weitzman's." Which shoe do you think is pointier? The girl in this pic literally laughed out loud when she realized that my shoes were the pointier of the two. It didn't stop her from dancing with me either.

Here I am just hanging out . And here is a glimpse of my shoes in the manhattan nightlife context.

Finally, this girl from Boston was looking cute. She liked my Stuart Weitzman pumps. Interesting how much easier getting good feedback in the real world is than online:

Pretty much an uneventful evening in manhattan.

Keep telling us all of your adventures KneeHighs, your stories, and pictures are a great addition to the site.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly