JENNY'S SITE DOWN !!!!

Hi there, Well, it had to happen someday. My server in Paris encountered a hardware failure last week, I checked things with my dad over the phone and it's likely that the server power supply has died. A replacement power supply has been ordered and I expect to have it on thursday or friday this week. My brother will then replace it with my assistance. I know, it sucks but it's not the end of the world, this machine has been up 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for 4 years now. The operating system has not been re-installed since 1998. Just for the story, I wanted a redundant power supply for the server when I bought the machine but in 1998, that was so expensive because only Compaq, HP and other similar manufacturers were offering this (as an option). I will let you know when the machine will be back online, and I'm very sorry for all this.

It is not too difficult to change a power supply. I work for a maintenance company and we change them regularly. Just need to hope that your PC takes standard power supplies and is not a Gateway 2000 or Compaq. Gateway dont sell spares in Europe whilst Compaq price theirs very highly and ensure that only Compaq spares will fit. Good Luck

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv