ballet heels to long

nhoj62

hi guys i have a pair of devious ballet thigh high boots, i like these boots alot but the heel seems to long by about half an inch so i can't stand knees straight in them my ankle an lower leg are inline but because the boots tip me forward i can't stand straight, so i took the boots to my local cobbler today to see if he could shorten the heel, and he could not because the metal shaft in the heel is to thick and the hole to tip goes into is not very deep, so would have to be redrilled for a new tip if heel is shortend, and my cobbler does not have to equipment to do this. so i guess my question is does anyone have the tools an know how to shorten the heel for me?. dr.shoe do u think achilles could do this for me? please let me know. thanks guys later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

ok i have managed to do this myself i just cut the amount i wonted off with a hacksaw then mounted the boot upside down in my drillpress and redrilled the holes for the tip in the end of the heel. now i just have to get some new tips and the job is done. later peeps

hallo

well done nhjo62.

The heel lenght is also a feeling of the person to wear. I want to have the heel stady on the floor in a straight angle (90 degrees) So you can put the weight good on the heel and not tilting forward (when the ankle and knee are flexible enought) to coupe with the feet arch.

I have put in the past a few smal rubber laires between the soll and the leather toetip tho get 2 jops:

a) a better balance

;) a shock absurtium of the walking

see what I main on the picture. Sometimes you have the currets do start doing things to help for a better perpass even when the product is new.

Posted Image

so good luck

A3

shafted, thanks man ;) trolldeg, don't know if it is the case with all deviouse boots but on mine it was. thanks a3, means i should be getting alot more use out of my boots now later peeps nhoj62

balletboot2000 glad i'm not the only one to have been brave enough to take a saw and drill to a pair of heels. i have seen the scream heels on lots of web site an they all look like the heel is too long, they probably make them that bit longer just so they can say i has a 6 heel or wotever. i would rather not have a 6heel an be able to walk than have a 6 heel an be unable to walk. later nhoj62

on the other hand, i would say ballet boots werent designed to be walked in, although some people get enough practice to manage it, hence the 'inpracticality' of the position the boots place your foot in. it was my belief that the idea of ballet boots were to make the wearer immobile from a more fetih perspective?? i dunno daz

dr: depends on how much is cut off. If the heel was leaning forward due to excess length then shaving a bit off is not a bad thing. Devious boots are mass produced, so there is a chance that either they are set up a hair wrong, or someone grabbed a heel for one size up and stuck em on. Daz: the bondage aspect is definatly there, but so is some of the fun in the chalange of being able to tame ballet heels. Much like some people into bondage are also into learning how to escape from just about any position they are put in. Some of us like to delve into the fantasy of being 'stuck' in ballet heels.. however impossible it may be, this fantasy can be a bit thrilling at times. Oh well, off to wear my new knee boots Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 months later...

Looks like a pair of psudoshoes from heike's website. I agree, they don't do a thing for me either.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

nigel no point in taking pics as they look the same as they did before but just with a heel half inch shorter. jo, those heels are daft, they do nothing for me BBloverEric, that is how to make a shoe that is already not that pretty an make it butt ugly, that would qualify for ugly shoe of the month Daz, i can only agree with you later nhoj62

hallo,

just what nhoj62 said, when the heel is just shorter but you are able to stand or walk in them with a better balance. You have won a one battle how to deal with thies lovely high heels.

When the heel rise vertical from the survice were it stands on it gives also a better ballans of the feet and body of the person who wears them.

Thies are a shoe type with an extra differculty but when you can eliminate 1 or more the better you are doing. And perhaps you get some pleasure from them after all.

Posted Image

enjoy your boots

A3

• 4 weeks later...

Devious ballet boots are not designed for walking. The toe area soon collapses, tilting foot forward, crushing your toes. The heels are not too long. It does not take much for them to go out of kilter. Have successfully fitted a small L shaped bracket. Top of bracket rests where the heel meets the arch and supports weight. The bottom of the L goes just under the toe. The bracket is strapped on with black duct tape near toes. No more bleeding toes – talking from experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...