Platforms

Debbie(HK)

On 2002-01-24 14:17, Spikey Dan wrote:

The local gentleman's club I go to on occasion, the dancers there always wear platforms. Only once in the past 3 visits I seen a dancer wearing non-platform shoes (Her shoes were 3" black stiletto pumps/courts with ankle straps). They just look bad. At least a few dancers shoe's does have a stiletto heel with their platforms.

So you are saying that platforms get you off more than regular shoes when the women shake their thing for you on the stage?

Egads, man, you would think that the bouncing breasts and wiggling rears would be enough for you. To suggest that the shoes make the performance good or bad worries me.

Isn't it nice that it gets to be called a gentlemens club to counter the fact that it breed mysoginy and stereotypes where women are made into sexual objects? No gentle man would ever subscribe to that theory.

:smile:

Laurie

General commentary on the thread... applause to the people who "don't". Count me in the club! I think that the popularity of platforms stem from two sources. One being the need to burn more calroies. So let's make a heavier shoe for the foot as a training weight. Where do we put this extra weight? The second influence must have been from the old Frankenstein movies. The Monster certainly gives the impression of a clompy walk in big feet, and someone found this sexy. Poor person that must be! Thus, the platform was created. There was a third influence, but it isn't right to comment on such things, as short people are as valuable as anyone else in society, and should never feel inferior. Fire bad! Mmmph. Fire gooood. Laurie

quote: I think that the popularity of platforms stem from two sources. One being the need to burn more calroies. So let's make a heavier shoe for the foot as a training weight. Where do we put this extra weight? unquote I seem to remember models with plats made from cork. Looks just as massive, but cork is a light material. Perhaps your theory isn't finished yet ? B) (coming from a platform-nonfan, before I am placed in the enemy camp :smile: ) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom-NL on 2002-01-27 12:42 ]</font>

Cork, yeah and that's why wearers always look like their standing on bailes of hay. I'm not one for littering however a tin can floating in a river looks better than a platform (could be floating in a river too). Let you work that one out. Getting silly here. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Ahem Inga, Let me start by repeating something I ended with: I am a platform-nonfan, i.e. I don't like plats. My previous post was more about the weight aspect, didn't say anyhting that might suggest that I think corky plats look nice (I don't). (And I have my swimming diploma, so don't need cork to keep my head above water :smile:B) )

Hi Tom, and the cork at the feet wouldn't help you to keep the head out of the water B) Well, and this was mentioned by Joak, who also like some medium height platforms, but is also able to swim without them! best wishes Joak :smile: PS: Now, finaly I should be rid of the "comfy loafer"!

Hallo Joak :smile: Did I talk about cork <u>footwear</u> ?? I was more thinking about a cork <u>swimming belt</u> B) And congratulations on your promotion - must be less uncomfortable on your muscles B)

I bought some "platform" type loafers this weekend. You can see them in this pic:

Posted Image

They are the ones on the left of the wedges

The plat is 4cm, the lift 7cm which means you can be almost 11cm taller and hardly feel it. Out of 50 shoes I've got maybe 5 with plats so I don't go overboard. I do quite like these ones because they are wedges and they are suede with leather lining, reduced from £50 to £10.

Anyway I wore them at the weekend and to work today; they feel great. I don't think the plat is out of place on this model, but no doubt Debbie will tell me plats/wedges are hopeless. I just need Hiluc to support me!

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-30 04:37 ]</font>

I think most of the anti-platform crowd seems to be missing a VERY important point about shoes - there are some people who have a fetish and that fetish is shoes. I stand with that crowd as do most of my slaves and kinky friends. Maybe one day Ill post a photo of my in my 10"1/2 mega dom heels and one with my 5"1/2 Wild Pair pumps and see which one attracts the most votes for sexy shoes. Taste vary considerably, but platforms have been around for a long time - often signifing power, position and wealth. The added height shifts the eyes of the viewer upward yet draws them unknowingly down to sneek a peek of the platform the wearer is perched upon. You would see the lines of my 33" inseam when extended another 7". Seduction is an art form - a painter uses a brush - I perfer platforms...:smile:

Hey Tom, Being an Australian I can swim too, quite reasonably, although I don't do much now. As most of us live near the sea swimming is a bit of a passion I suppose. Also we do own the "Thorpedo" but I suppose you've got Inga (note the name - mines actually Ingrid) and that guy Pieter van den Hoogenband - you win. Suppose the corks can be used for bottling wine. It's all a very silly way to express a no likey opinion of plat's Inga :smile:

I didn't think it would be long before you clashed swords with platform_babe Debbie! Anyway, just to put people straight, those are not all my shoes in the picture, although 5 pairs are. That was the sum total of a couple of days shopping by 6 guys (see the real life meetings forum, UKheel2002). However, if I were to get all my pairs out there would be more than in that picture!

Yes, we have Ing<u>e</u> de Bruijn, Ing<u>a</u> :smile:

But basketball is more my sport than swimming has ever been

P.S.: what is the "Thorpedo" ? (I have heard of a Graham Thorpe, a cricket player)

OK, so I know that especially Debbie(HK) does not like platforms. I have come into this forum as a curious observer and in all my browsing, I can't find any definition of what a platform is. Anyone, please let's have a definition. A sole greater than 1/8 inch, 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, or mm? I think sandal high heels I see with up to 3/4" inch high sole look good, but not above this, so what is this? Like what do I know about woman wearing heels, but I thought maybe this height is neat because the sole isn't really high but allows a bit higher heel to be worn...like cheating..but only a little bit. I live in Vancouver, Canada. It rains pretty hard out here at certain times, just when you are not expecting it. If you want to wear shoes here it is best to have a bit of a sole to avoid getting the water into your shoes, especially if they are sandals. As a guy who wears flat shoes, I hardly ever wear my dress shoes with a thin sole when it's wet. I wear my running shoes with 3/4 inch high sole at midlength or boots. So when I imagine a woman wearing high heels with a 1/8 inch high leather sole, I always imagine her feet being soaked, cold, and feeling every rock on road. I would imagine about a 3/4" high sole is perfect for sandal high heels to keep the feet dry. So what is wrong with this? By the way, the last time I checked, the streets of Vancouver are full of people wearing high heeled shoes...especially downtown. It hardly ever gets below freezing or snows here, and high heels are worn inside and out.

Hiya Ben, welcome to the board. It seems like you have me sussed ou with regards to platforms B) To me anything over and above a normal shoe sole is a platform. I think that platforms probably start at about ½" and go up to extreme heights sometimes. I've seen some advertided which were at leat 12" with 15" heels. Now that's a sure way to break an ankle or worse I'd have thought! Anyway, I'm not an expert in platforms so I stand to be corrected about what height they are deemed to start at :smile: Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Hiya Tom NL, Cricket, don't know much about that, except I heard someone once say it's ten trillion miles back to the pavillion. Anyhow the "Thorpedo" is a guy named Ian Thorpe by the way I understand he can swim a bit. Apparently he also has size 17(US) feet and this is supposed to help him that's about 9 sizes larger than mine. Inga :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like platforms more than any other style of shoe/boot...maybe its cause i come from a different generation than some of you, or maybe its just my opinion...or maybe its because all the girls at my school wear hot platform chunky or wedge heeled knee high boots with skirts =)

I come from the previous platform generation, and wore them in the late 70's. The new platforms are much better. They are made of lighter materials and have soles with more traction. I used to slide around in bad weather while walking to school in my Angel Flites. I have a feeling the current infatuation with platforms will continue for a while longer. But like all good things, it will end, so stock up now...

Terayon, are you named after the modem? I should suspect you are a Rogers customer? Maybe... And the girls at your school are all mindless sheep if they are into the fashion trends. Don't date any of them, find the gothy one who goes against the trend. She'll be the most fun. That was me in high school, so trust me on this one.

Totally agree Laurie, I was yeah, a bit different, sort of smart really more cunning and into fashion moving toward the edge, platforms were a definite no-no for me. So modem man should re-assess his style, anyhow it's his choice. Inga :smile: