Got my ballet boots today!

ILuvHeels

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusual white pumps. do they have partial platforms or what? and, where did you happen to find them?

My guess is 6 inch heels forever (orientvisual). They have the only partial platform pumps I have ever seen.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

hallo, indeed the come from "6 inch heel forever" and have a hight of 19,5 cm heel and a smal platform ;) . In there advertisment they speak about the highest heel without a platform. Hopeful I found time to set up a kind of photoboek of my shoes includit a subscription and with pictures. I can walk in them but not very graceful. To stand for the photo is no problem as you see. A3

Pictures of my ballet shoes and boots: (click for bigger)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Very nice pic of you in your ballets. They look like they fit you very well.

Thank you, they do indeed fit very well. I was able to try them on at the time of purchase as I bought them both last year from Divine (Kinky Boot Factory) ;)

The way they lace allows for a lot of variation which is handy as my right ankle and calf is larger than my left.

That looks a bit like qualifetish boots, although I think they tend to use eyelets vs speedhooks. My new knee boots from them should be here very soon, and if they have hooks I'll get them swapped over to eyelets like my devious boots. I'm hoping they get here very soon ;)

(formerly known as "JimC")

They are indeed both made by Qualifetish (Hot Peppers branded, made in Montreal). I didn't realize it was possible to swap speedhooks for eyelets. I wouldn't do that as I like the speedhooks, although I do lust after a pair of their thigh high ones with the 37 eyelets!

Hallo Fogane welcome to the club of Balletheel wearers. A lot of talks but a few people have them and want to come out in the open :lol: . they look nice and you must be a proud owner of them. And can you walk in them or is it a little to early and need more practish? Who is next to come out in her/him ballet heels???? ;) A3

Hello a3, I can walk short distances in them but only if there's something nearby to grab hold of, my balance in them needs a lot more practice. It seems us ballet heel wearers are also night owls, based on the time of these last posts. Speaking of which I should really go to sleep now :sleeping:

Fogane:-) Most people have one foot and ankle that is a different size from the other and you would notice it more when you lace up your boots than at any other time. I can see that the lacings on your boots would allow you quite a bit of adjustment in order to make a perfect fit on your legs and ankles. It still takes a while to get everything laced up just right. That's just not a quick thing like a zipper would be and you can get a tighter fit by lacing over a zipper. I like the transition you show from the pumps to the boots in just 3 pics and the hose would make for a better fit also. That's one club that I won't be joining as I don't use ballets myself. More power to you guys learning to walk in them. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I know feet are often not the same but it still surprises me that there can be that amount of difference in the ankles or legs. It's one reason I've always prefered lace-up boots over zip-up as I hate having boots that aren't snug to the leg. Zips are nice for speed though, I guess the best would be to have both laces and a zip but for the laces to use eyelets rather than speedhooks. I think when not under the tension of being worn, speedhooked laces could become unhooked requiring re-lacing (which if you had to do that often would obliviate the advantage of the zip!). For well fitting zipped boots the answer is custom made. Expensive unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about ballet boots – mine arrived Friday! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! I got knee boots, style 2020 from the Devious range. These are laced at the front, but also have a side zip. Tried them over the weekend – and they are a bit high!!! I can stand in them OK – unaided, and have managed to walk a bit – only by holding onto the walls! Guess more practice is needed. BF is very impressed with then, and somewhat attentive! Let’s just think of my next line “If you wash the car, I will put my ballet boots on..” Fogane I have found the combination of zip and hooks/lacing to be really good (over one weekend admittedly) – you adjust the tightness with the lace, but the zip’s really convenient for quick removal when the next-door neighbour calls round (Sunday afternoon!!!) No problem at all with the left boot, but the lacing on the right one did slip off the hook once or twice – but I slipped the lace back-on before zipping up – still easier than fully lacing as you don’t need to even undo the knot. BB

hallo BB,

nice you have your ballet knee boots. I got the same and also the problems when I use the zip the laces came of. I had solve this problem to get closing all the hooks a little bit. It had take some time but from a distance you don't notice. The laces don't come of any more and it is more for the show now. The open hooks are now more like eye hold. and the step in is more quicker.

Posted Image

And we all hope you send some pics in the future in your ballet heels.

good luck and....

A3

Thanks, I will try to get some photos - feel a bit silly about that - don't ask me why. I closed the hooks on a previous pair of boots & it was OK (Knelt down in them & closed in error but found out it was better!). I will see how it goes. One thing, I have not used anything in the boots, but some people reccomend cotton wool - how do you use it, does it help? I guess it just goes in the toe part of the boot - but are there any tricks to using it? BB

hallo BB

I noticed at "Blicker" a german shop they sell toe pats for balletdancers in there shoes. It's a strong foam or neoprame to support the toes. The untherpart can be extra thick to absort the pressure or shocks. But they wear of during time sliding in end out the boot. And where for the time being good for my. And to be recomanded by Tery Horne from "bootlovers.com" and be seen in a small movie clip.

I have fill up the empty parts with silicone-kit (from a building market).

So I did it:

Put some in the toe of the boot and with my wet feet in a pvc back slide in and formed/pressed the kit to the sides. Take some time (1 houre) to let the kit form a skin and take your feet out of the pvc back. After a day or 2 when the kit has dryed out you can remove the pvc back When done wright the chape of the toes are in the kit and give the support and stay a little flexible.

You can also do it whitout the PVC back but then the kit will pass the toes and you had to wait longer to be sure the toeform will be stay in place. The bigger the kit the longer it takes to dry (1mm a houre)

Beside that I have put some small rubber pats between the sole and the boot. First to get a better feeling of balans (heel straight unter the leg) and second to be like a shock demper for the toes. But that can chorse some ringkles at the boot.

Posted Image

for more talk perhaps e-mail or chat a3hmskrk@hetnet.nl

good luck

A3

I have the same knee high devious boots.. in fact I'm wearing em now. My only problem was that once you get the laces just right, you have to relace them any time you unzip them. I took them to a shoe repair place that has worked on ballet heels in the past and had the hooks replaced with eyelets. Now I just relace them when I want, but they feel like a custom fit pair of zip up boots ;) have fun Jim

All This issue has cropped up a couple of times recently and I should have written sooner. I have played around with different lacing sequences to give a different effect to the look of the laces. Anyway, for ski hooks and zips I suggest the following, however you will need longer laces to do this: Rather than lacing up the boot in the normal criss - cross manner, from the bottom of each hook round to the top through only 90 degrees, try it the other way round; as you come up the boot, loop the lace over the top of the hook, follow round to the bottom then rise across to the next hook required, through 270 degrees. The effect is that you will trap the each lace against itself at each hook, thus reducing if not preventing the unravelling when you undo the zipper. I have as yet not had a problem with this method. Big D

Ok, for those who would wonder why anyone would spend more to buy ballet heels, or any heels from an expencive maker such as Qualifetish, I give you this situation. Last month I ordered a pair of knee boots, cost around $400, Sept 24 (my birthday) I got an e-mail saying they had been shipped.. I've been waiting since then. Last week I sent an e-mail wondering what was going on. They replied that customs has been closed due to a holliday, and that they are trying to track down the order, but just in case they put another pair to my specs in production, and one pair or the other will be here by next friday. I'm guessing Devious would not handle a shipping problem quite this way. If you have the ability, please make sure you keep the smaller boot/shoe makers going, low prices do have their cost. Jim *Update* Sunday 16th. Customs had returned my boots to qualifetish, they have been shipped back priority shipping so I should have them in two days ;) Seeya

Hi Ruud - nice boots.

I have been trying to take photos of by ballet boots - but it's not going too well! :lol:

Here is the best so far:

Posted Image

I will try a bit more - perhaps a better camera? :D

A3 - I have been thinking about your post for some time, initially I used some tissue paper - which worked great, but then tried cotton wool - that was no good, went back to tissue paper - but can't get it as good as the first time! ;)

My fear is damaging the boots with the silicone - either sticking or anything else - how did you prevent it sticking to the boot?

I also looked at Blicker, the toe things are OK but the ost of order and postage to the UK was unreal :lol:

Give it a bit of time and I may try the silicone solution!

Does it make a huge diferance?

BB

Nice red boots there Ruud. What brand are they? I'm guessing not Qualifetish or Devious from the style of them. What do you mean by download videos? Nice picture from you too BB, but yes, you could possibly do with a better camera. More light would really help also.

hallo Ruud, nice boots, special the red collar. There are not much people who has them and show them. keep on going. hallo BlondeBimbo, first picture like you said it can be beter. But so then never posted. :lol: Perhaps some adjustment of the camera, lighting or the set-up to the computer. Take the time and learn how to make pictures where you can be setisfide with ;) . About the filling up with the silicone-kit of the toe of the ballet boots. The kit will be stick to the inside of the boots. And can only be removed by forse, pulling and cutting between the kit and boot. The changes of taking small pieces of the inside of the boots with is real. But the kit form be there as a fixed part of the boot, it stays always in place. and because it's flexible the toes will slide is the chape of it (with some moistness or nylon stockings) When you do 1 or 2 full squeses of kit in a corner of PVC/plastick bag and then put in the boot, press the toes (also in a PVC bag) in the kit and after harding of the kit you can take the form out. But all the ringles of the bag will be seen in the lomb of kid. And the harding time extent, the kit need air/oxygen to harden. Perhaps have a try first with a old shoe pair. You get some experience, know how it feels, work-out ect. good luck A3

Nice red boots there Ruud. What brand are they? I'm guessing not Qualifetish or Devious from the style of them. What do you mean by download videos?

Nice picture from you too BB, but yes, you could possibly do with a better camera. More light would really help also.

They are from the shop formaly know as the LITTLE SHOE BOX in london which has now closed down ;)(

How can I upload the MPEG of me walking in my BB's to as the file is a large one?? Any suggestions?

Ruud

hi heels

hallo,

I tried to put the silicone toeparts in my balletshoes on pictures. You can see shapes of the different toes and some filling up in the part unther the toes before the feet starts. When to much kit is put in the toe part it will squese past the feet upwards and fill up some space.

But for my it works but to walk on the toes can be painfull after some time. And that is personal how long are you will to cope with it.

For the toepats as been show of at "Blickers germany", perhaps there are simmulary pats at a dance or balletshop in town. And perhaps some advice too. You never now.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

please keep on going in balletheels.

A3