PEACHY SHOES (Heels for all) opens in Bristol UK

Heelfan

Hi Ionic - stranger!

Yes, of course I remember you - in fact I posted a "Where's Ionic?" thread on "Hellos and Goodbyes" sometime after your postingfs petered out in December '04. ~ ~ Cheers, Heelfan

indeed: found it and made my re-entrance there !!

/I

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi Heelfan / Peachy / all,

one comment on the 'sections':

Mel is building-up three sections for Peachy Shoes:

1. "Ordinary" ladies' fashion shoes (flat to 4.5") in gals' sizes only.

2. Stilettos from 3" to 7" in gals' and guys' sizes (UK 3 to 13).

3. Streetheels for Guys (chunky & semi-chunky heeled shoes & boots) in guys' sizes only.

Sometimes "'Ordinary' ladies' fashion shoes" are worth to be sold in guys' sizes as well. I think this should be part of the concept when layouting the '3rd' section.

I didn't quite get it if the 'webpage'-thing - that was discussed a few postings ago - was related to Peachy's shop. In case you haven't thought about such a project yet I would encourage you to start some sort of webshop as well - especially regarding the section 'Streetheels for Guys'. I could imagine a lot of shy guys who want to do their first heeled outings want to wear 'calm' shoes with more manly, meaning, chunky heels in order to play it safe. Would be nice to have them on display in the web shop as well.

And as someone said earlier: "... very many congratulations and good luck 'Peachy'.". That's what I want to 'assent' to! ;))

CU!

-Mike

• 6 months later...

I may be in Bristol sometime soon and was thinking of dropping into Peachy Shoes. Does anyone know their opening hours? Has anyone been recently - do they have much in stock for a UK8 (42Eur)? I presume Mel (and her staff) are OK with guys trying on shoes in the shop - I'm a little shy about this - is there anywhere discrete within the shop - at least away from the shop window! Thanks in anticipation (I have tried a PM to Mel, but she doesn't seem to have been on recently)

You will have no worries. Opening hours are something like 10 - 6. They are closed on Sunday and Monday, I do believe. The higher stuff is out the back, and yes they have more male customers than female customers visiting that section. Mel is great and will put you at ease. You might even get a cup of coffee, or get to see her wear her 5.5 inch court shoes too.