Dating heels???

chip7X

Kent, this is a simple way to keep being friends with this girl. Say things like "It's nice to see you, I'm glad we can talk every now and then" and other things that don't imply the desire for a commitment but show you care and are still a friend. Don't offer anything like "If you ever need me for anything..." because I would certainly be tempted to call on you when it would be difficult. If she is single and you would like to keep in touch as a friend, simply talk about it. It is healthy to discuss the past and talk about the good points. This way you can demonstrate that there are aspects for friendship. You two can get along as friends at least, even if the relationship did not work out. Just be honest. That works in this situation. if she asks "do I look fat in this?" then lie, sure, but otherwise, be honest!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-05-06 11:41, azraelle wrote:

My ex-wife hates heels--feels they are an invention of men to keep women down.

Seems to me like they're more an invention to keep women up! :smile:

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I am having trouble posting messages tonight... let's see. The basic point here - a woman can only be oppressed by a pair of heels if she allows it. Personally, I think they allow women to stand out and be great. But then, I wear them every day!

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't imagine a man not likeing a high heeled woman..

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

I wear heels on dates because I am dating a man who likes them. I do think that the attention from wearing heels can be a bit dangerous. I heard a story last night about men who are possessive, who think that if they buy you a drink or have a dance that they get to do what they like. They're usually new to a country and not familiar with the social freedom of women. So wearing stilettos when I am alone is not something I would like, but then, I'd never go to a club all alone, and I prefer to go to pubs and restaurants, anyway. I can't dance!

• 1 month later...

The majority of North American men are looking for breasts. I appreciate that there are people here who can appreciate a woman who has nice legs and wears heels, but really, it must be the minority. And guest, log in or give a name or something, okay? :smile:

I always look at the feet on a woman whether she has any heels or not. Heels should make the image better, not be the only one to look at. There are plenty of gorgeous women here and some of them wear fantastic heels. But the shoes must match the wearer – i.e. she must know how to wear. When all that is in harmony – the sight of such a woman is just astonishing – I can’t keep my eyes off a lady walking in heels gracefully, holding a straight posture and hips floating sexily…

My point – heels are a strong argument for liking a woman, but not the only or even primary one.

Posted Image

HH forever!

:smile: This has been a most entertaining discussion. I'd like to quote and comment on so many of the posts, I don't know where to start. And I'd hate to monopolize the board. I guess I'll start with the most recent subject first - what part of the body most men are looking at first. I agree with you Laurie, most guys I know, whether friends, co-workers or whoever, tend to point out or comment on a woman's chest. I've only known a couple guys who shared my interest in legs. Although I'm sure most guys would acknowledge that a woman might have nice legs, they'll quickly shift their focus upward. I'm the opposite. I can appreciate nice breasts, but I'd rather spend my time admiring a great pair of legs, the(hopefully) sexy shoes they're wearing and the shape and length of her skirt (how much leg she's displaying). I consider women who dress like this to be a form of art - to be appreciated for their beauty, style and grace. Yes, it's a turn on, but I swear that when I see a woman walking down the street like this, sex does not generally come to mind.

I am hoping I'll find a man who likes a woman in heels, but I am not hearing the pick up lines these days. No interest at all. What freakish city am I living in?

A guy who doesn't like a woman in heels is missing out...Fine, more choice for me :smile:

Laurie, perhaps the city you live in isn't big enough or cosmopolitan enough?? I think I know where you are, but I haven't really been there except to drive through. My guess is there's lots more HHs in a place like Toronto or New York or LA. There are a fair share of HH wearers in Vancouver, but on the other hand, there's that whole west coast casual/sporty active outdoorsy stuff going on so a lot of women who would never trade in their dayhikers and Tevas for a strappy stiletto.

Alas Laurie, I think I'm too short for you (5'-9"), especially in your 5"+ heels! :grin:

Driver8, I have a theory.

Fem girls go for masculine guys as a means of balance. After all, the conept of ying and yang is about two parts that make a whole. I know I am attracted to masculine men, and I am quite the ultra fem. I wasn't one all of my life, and for some time I was somewhat gothy.

I think your opposites theory rings some truth. The ultra-feminine women I know or see are generally going for the more masculine (macho?) guys. I'm not one of those guys, so I tend to look upon them as brutes. :smile: Seriously, I find feminine women attractive, but I often doubt they'd be interested in me, at least upon first impression. If we got to know each other, then that might be a different story.

I need a compliment for me. For a man who is somewhat androgynous, then the balance is there and requires someone else who is balanced, I suppose.

While I feel that such theories and rules should not apply to relationships, it does seem to have some trend in social interaction. This may be socially generated, of course, for some evil and devious purpose.

I don't think I've ever thought of the word androgynous to describe myself, but I've been told by close girl-friends (and realize myself) that I have certain female qualities. Again, going by your theory about balance, this might explain why I like women that are versatile. ie. can do outdoorsy stuff once in a while or be sporty, but come evening, can trade in her athletic shoes and slip into something feminine and sexy for a night out. I'd date an ultra-feminine woman, but I doubt I'd ever be all that attracted to a tomboy or super-sporty-active type who never wears skirts, let along HHs, and I've known plenty like that. But it's a moot point because I don't really date anyway :grin:

I was going to comment that if I am very fem, I need someone very opposite to make a good boyfriend or husband. But the honest fact is this. I am one of those women that would like a strong man around to do things and offer protection, but I don't need one and can do most of those things myself.

Just a guess (I'm no expert), but because you're very independent (a nice trait), you'd like to find this man to take care of certain things because you'd feel it would be nice to have someone take care of you for a change. Not only would you be given a break from handling everything, but you might enjoy the feeling of security, of being taken care of and/or being pampered. ???

I have another theory about what kind of partner people are looking for based on things they did not receive or felt they missed or lacked growing up. But I think we're already way off topic. this belongs in another forum

later,

DarksTar

• 4 weeks later...

That's been my dream for quite a while, finding a man who likes a woman in heels.

How funny, this may come true!

Look no further! :smile:

Please forgive, but I'd never be able to live with myself if I passed up the opportunity. :rofl:

In response to some of the earlier posts, I don't think you can generalize that men look mostly at women's chests and do not notice legs and other parts of the anatomy. Obviously, it depends to some extent on the taste of the individual male. I think it also varies over time depending on fashions and what part of the female anatomy they emphasize. To pick an example, in much of the 1950s and 1960s, boobs were supreme. Padded bras and tight sweaters were standard fare, and the male eye was naturally drawn to the chest area. In the late 1960s and the 1980s, miniskirts diverted attention towards the legs. Currently, low-cut pants give women with shapely hips, flat bellies and attractive navels a real advantage. Who knows what will be in the future? The 1980s were something of a golden age because stilleto heels were popular, and men really did notice how a woman looked and walked in heels. These things are cyclical. Miniskirts disappeared and came back, and someday so will stilletos, in a big way.

• 6 months later...

Mt first boyfriend really had a thing for heels and I just was getting into wearing heels when we started dating. I really did not wear them only for him, but he did encourage me alot when I wore them and I only went out on dates with heels and never flat shoes. Now I never go out on dates without wearing heels at least 4 inches. I have even had some of my dates complain because them brought me to places that were not walking friendly, but thats me have to date with great looking heels. Guys do notice them, but most don't ask me to much about them.

Jennifer, you just need to find a man you can train, so that he knows where he can and cannot take you! :( It will be easier if someone you're dating knows about your interest in wearing heels as much as you do very early on. Hey, if asked out, there's nothing wrong with letting the guy know that you'll be wearing heels and he should keep that in mind! Women have weapons, and they should be used for the greater good. :lol:

I know what your opinion is on this Laurie, but I just have to interject this anyway. It's too bad Jennifer couldn't invite the guys to wear a pair of heels on the date with her--just once, mind you, so that they'd get a "feel" for what it is like and get some idea what she can and can't do (easily) in heels (as opposed to what they can and can't do in them (at all)). :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

It's so true about the US! I live in Virginia and I so rarely see another woman in heels. In fact, I often get nasty comments from women when I go out about my heels. The men are all smiling, lol. My biggest goal is to meet another woman like me who enjoys wearing heels. I am bisexual and am extremely attracted to feminine women. I found one in my life and we were only together 2 times before she had to move :lol: XO Babe in Heels

Babeinheels hi, You know I have found the same thing. I have twice now worn 4" heels to work (just to see what reactions I get) and I have too found women to be quite agressive in their manner towards me. I wear a skirt every day which seems to go unnoticed. Last week I wore a skirt suit with heels and I had negative reactions from the women eg. "I never wear skirts these days, can't be bothered, too uncomfortable" etc etc. The men of course smiled a lot as to be expected. This week I went back to wearing my longer skirt and knee high 2.5" block heeled black leather boots and all of a sudden people are saying "still wearing a skirt then?" and seemed shocked when I have had to point out that I've always worn it. So it's a bit weird really. Heels seem to make people of the opposite sex behave in extremes. Shame really :( But hey what do I care :lol: Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

It's strange that some of you have such hostile reactions when in heels. At work, people are not hostile. They are amazed, sure, and usually I get a comment about how a particular girl feels she would injure herself trying to wear stilettos like I do. Usually I do the jump test to rub in my proficiency. :lol: However, none of the women where I work really put me down or have anything negative to say about me. I think it has become expected, and everyone is impressed and accepting that I am doing my own thing. Of course, I am well known and have this zany reputation. So maybe this makes people feel I am less of a threat. That and I talk about Chris all of the time, so everyone knows I am not a threat to stealing the men. Yet, interesting that it is so different where I work. Maybe the avergae age is lower for most of the people I am around, and that changes things? It would be interesting to know the age range for where others work...

I've never had a woman be brave enough to say anything to my face yet, but often in groups, they will whisper to one another. Of course, I always hear the gossip from the one who heard the tale, lol. Seems people have difficulty keeping things to themselves. I think the reason I get such hostility is because of where I live. Very conservative Southern capital. I work for myself, so not sure how an office would react to my heels. I can wear whatever I like, lol. I've sat at my desk in nothing but sandals on a hot day :lol: Babe in Heels

Nothing but sandals on a hot day. Aren't you lucky to work at home! If I did that at work, I'd have cranky old men who come in to complain about things hanging around my desk all day! They already try to look down my top (and I'm not anything special in that sensde, so they must be desperate for a peek). I suppose that the area one lives in can determine the reaction and expression. Of course, in Canada, people are known for being polite. So maybe it's just that people don't say anything, or if they do, no one has the nerve to tell me. No one wants a stiletto in amn awkward place, I guess. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Laurie You always have good replies, I know what you mean about guys hanging around I know the feeling, but I love wearing my sandals the whole day. Especially my 4 inchers since they feel like nothing after 5 inch pumps. I had a guy I know actually grabbed my toe ring and took it, it was a good thing I know him well otherwise he would have gotten slapped.