its painful

musikindo

Question

14 answers to this question

musikindo, Welcome to the forums. As far as ballet heels go, for many people its the nature of the beast. There is probably a few people on the board here, who can comfortably wear them, but they are probably in the lucky minority.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Musikindo:-) Don't worry about your English as we can make out what you are trying to say to us all. Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Ballet heels are extreme in the comfort department and may not be for everyone. I'm sure there are people here that can give you some tips on wearing them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Try getting some AMBESOL toothache medicine and applying it to the afflected areas! :P It always works for me! VSY, 'Nita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Musikindo

I suggest the Blicker web site at the following;

http://www.hohe-absaetze.de/index.html

Where you will find Toe Cushions which are excellent. I bought a pair for my second pair of ballet heels, they made standing almost comfortable and made wearing for long periods quite bearable. Yes ballet heels will "hurt" it's all about reducing the pain.

I did try binding but that seemed to make things worse by not allowing the foot to spread and flex within the shoe as I put my weight on it..

From personal experience, I have found a shoe that is tight around the foot helps. This will compress the toes, ball and arch from the side and so preventing the foot from sliding down the shoe; think of a wedge in a cone. My first pair I got round this problem by wearing a pair of ski socks, (not very erotic though) but it did work.

When Spook was wearing ballets near on full-time, she used to use untreated lambs wool at the toe of her shoes, effectively the same process as the toe cushions; the Lanolin also kept her skin in good condition. I expect that the wool was even better than toe cushions as it would fill in the spaces around the toes.

I'm sure other members will gladly impart their discoveries to assist you in "comfortable" ballet heel wearing.

Happy tottering

Big D

Ballet dancers will spend years finding shoes that fit their feet, and some have been known to retire when their shoe maker retires. Ballet boots are sized with less precision then pointe shoes. You cannot run down to your local fetish shop and pick up a pair, in stock, that match your foot shape, width, length, etc perfectly. Do not expect ballet boots to be comfortable for longer periods of wear, even if you do not walk around in them. If the boots are loose, the first step may be to find thicker socks, or multiple.. I've even worn neoprene dive socks. This will help use the structure of the boot to support alot of your weight with the arch and heel of your foot, relieving some of the stress on your toes. I have a couple of pairs from Devious that do not put any weight on my toes, unfortunatly the toe area of the boot for my first pair has collapsed a bit. Next up, padding for your toes. This is going to be personal preference. Try anything you can get your hands on. Wool, cotton, polyfill, foam pads, gell pads, etc. Something might work for you. Although what combination works best for you may not work at all for someone else. If you are worried about causing damage to your feet from wearing ballet heels, I'd suspect that other then an extreme massocist, most people will stop walking in their ballet heels due to pain before their feet get permanently modified. Foot binding took many years of constant binding to occur.. Most people might wear their ballet heels a few hours a week... Just a few thoughts Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

An idea. A strange one, but an idea. A few weeks ago, my two sisters and I and one of our friends went on a trip To Banff, in Alberta. A big tourist town, yes. They have hot springs and we went there. Interesting to be in a hot pool when outside there is snow and it is cold. it is fun. So I was standing in a high heeled position, something I can do out of the water with ease, and a position I use when standing barefoot a lot. It helps, and no, they do not allow the wearing of heels into the hot springs pool. But suddenly I found that I could stand on my tip toes in the water. I just rolled onto them without effort. And so I could flex my muscles into a perfect ballet wearing shape. Maybe water training? Water supports you, helps balance, reduces weight bearing pressure. Try standing in water without the boots, if you can sacrifice a pair, wear them in the water. The water should reach your shoulders to be most effective.

Hallo,

a few of use has ballet heels in different models. To light up the talk and to insperate the others try to put some own pictures on the forum. The more we get to know te more we can learn from each other and support the new comers when they want to try out ballet heels. It's a shoe type it take affaid to walk in them but for a few also a special feeling of proudness that you can manage to stand in them.

So have a try to make pictures en show it to the this world of high heel lovers.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

enjoy the pleasure feeling will walking, A3

Bubba- That's a good way to do it. That's how I started trying to walk on my toes however many years ago, way before I had every heard of ballet boots or even taken a fancy to high heels. Whenever I'm in a pool I devote at least a little time to walking in the tips of my big toes -- I assume that's the way ballet heels feel -- and trying to a little bit more shallow in the water. It's hard in the pool we have now because it's so steep but on say a Country Club pool or some other public pool that's very gradual, it would be much easier to slowly try to decrease the depth of the water, thus increase the weight on your toes. Seems like a logical way of doing it to me. -Eric