How high were your first heels?

kerm2000

Hi i am just trying too find out if any 1 else was as nuts as me :P my first pair of heels where the 6" scream boots (pictured in my collection) they r very hard too walk in 6.5" boots r easier :P what was your first heel height and could you walk in them ok thx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first pair was a pair of thigh boots that came to just over my knees an had a 6 heel with a 2 platform, an where in a suede like material, very easy to walk in but dam unstable due to the amount of movement in the heel, due to bad build quality. they are dead an gone now an have been replaced with bigger an better things. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

The first time I wore heels (around age 8 or so), I went up to 3 inches with a minimal amount of problems. First heels I ever owned for myself? 5 inches. But my preferred height is anywhere from 2½ to 4 inches.

My first pair of heels was a pair of stacked heel cowboy boots that were popular in the 1980s. They had 2.5 inch heels. About a year later I bought a pair with 3" heels which was quite high for mens' boots even then. My first female heels I owned for myself was a pair of white stiletto pumps (4") which were closely followed by a pair of calf length pull on boots in beige of the same heel height.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My first pair of heels that I ever wore belonged to my late mother, three inchers, if memory serves. I was 13 at the time and had always been curious about how women walked in high heeled shoes to the point where I decided to wear them myself and learn the answer. It was hard at first but quickly became easy, then fun. It's kinda funny that I learned how to walk in heels before I could drive a car! I've been wearing heels ever since! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The first pair of heels I ever wore, period, bar none, were a pair of three-inch, spike-heeled black leather, fur-lined boots made in Italy. They were my mom's, and I'd occasionally pull them out of the winter box in the closet and try them on when she was outside talking to neighbors. This was a passing fad, however, and although I tried on a couple of neighbor's shoes later on, and a few more owned by mom, I didn't "get into" wearing heels until much, much later, like a few years ago, when I purchased a pair of what I call my "mongo shoes," side-zippered block-heeled shoes from Payless than are indistinguishable from men's shoes, but sport a 3-1/2 heel.

My very first pair of heels were 4" and having great balance at that time, allowed me to put them on my feet, stand up, and walk off. I haven't looked back since and I am still wearing heels daily at the age of 70. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

my first pair of "my own" heels was green patent sandals with black 4" heels when I was 12. They were the most beautiful pair of shoes I ever saw. I rode my bicycle downtown to a shoe store and asked for a size that I knew would fit me. I told the guy in the store that my mother had sent me to get them for her. I paid cash for them out of my savings. I wore that pair of heels until the straps were threadbare and no longer would stay on my feet. Almost cried when I discarded them. Hard to believe that was 36 years and a lot of heels ago.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My first heels were a pair of black latex thigh boots with 4½" stilleto heels, from the 'Magic Shoe Company' I loved 'em so much that when they wore out, I got another pair, though the second ones have a patent leather foot part, which doesn't look as good as the plain leather of the originals. The second was a pair of 7" heel court shoes - bit of a mistake as I've never been able to stand straight, let alone walk in them. Emma

Hmmmm...It was 1964...They were 4.5" Black Patant Stilettos! I still have them...somewhere...I think... I "graduated to 5"ers & then on they just kept getting HIGHER! But you all knew that! Namaste' 'Nita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

The first pair I bought myself were my former "avatars" they are black/black patent/PVC, Tony Shoes "101" model, 6 inch "exotic dancer plats. I've never looked back since I bought them! although they are a bit excessive, I like 'em! and that's the important thing! later, TXT-1

The first heels that I wore were my mothers 2" high heeled boots but the first high heels that I bought back in the 70s were a pair of platform blue suede boots with a 3" heel and a 1" platform. The first pair of womens' heels were an over the knee brown suede 3" stelletto heels that I bought back in 92 that I wore half way home. I coulden't were heels for very long, no endurence. Now I have 18 pairs and I still want more. Go figure.

77r90dL lf

The first heels that were my own were a pair of white patent cheerleader-style stretch boots. I think the heels were between 1.5" and 2". I have a vivid memory of the experience: seeing the ad for them in the paper, riding my bike to the store (Gilbert's) and buying them. I didn't try them on; I think I bought them in my usual male size, not knowing at that age about the male/female size differences. And I remember they were on sale for only 50 cents! And yet I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday...

"It's just a flesh wound"

The first pair I owned were some cheap n nasty black patent stiletto courts, which were probably 3.5". I could walk in them without too many problems, as my mother had lots of stiletto shoes and boots during the 80's which I'd been secretly borrowing for ages. I think I paid about £10 for those, and they were poor quality, but they were my very first high heels and I loved 'em! Chris

• 2 months later...

The first pair of high heels I ever wore?

They belonged to my dear mother, may she rest in peace. They were the opera pump style (also known as court shoes). They had rounded toes and a 3" high heel. Although the heel was tapered, they were not stilettoes. In fact, they look almost exactly as seen in this picture of Betty Page. However, they had a velvet texture, not patent leather.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.