How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

I usually wear 4½ inch heels all day, but I reckon I could manage a day in 5½ inchers no problem, as I have UK7½ feet. It depends where about one is walking. I mean if there is long walks involving rougher tarmac or cobble stones etc, it can make things much more difficult. Add nylons to the equation and a shoe can slip off easily. :) An ankle strap would help here though. That's a point about blokes wearing heels. I think when most guys say they wear such and such a heel height, they are talking about walking around the house. There is a BIG difference to walking out and about all day in the above mentioned conditions!!

I LOVE the shoes in your avatar HHgirl!! What make are they? I assume they are six inch heels? I want a pair! Your feet are at a perfect angle in them I think - can I ask what size of shoe you take US/UK whatever?? Thanks a lot!

I voted 6" as I do wear them out and about regularly but I would say that my fave comfortable height would be 5.5". I do have some 7" non-platform stiletto sandals which I bought for a giggle and I can just about stand and take a couple of steps before slipping over! :) I've been tempted maybe to try them outside but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough! Joanna

• 1 month later...

I can't wear heels that go beyond 4.5". My doctor said it's bad for my back. I have a 4" Marciano Aggie ankle boot (brown, of course) from SmartBargains. I wear it almost everyday (I alternate them with the entire opposite - flats/flip-flops).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My 6" booties are by far my favs. I like to wear them as often as I can and I look for any excuse to do so. I have several other 6" heels that are worn but I think I wear 5" more often than not. I can go about 9 hours in 6" heels but then I got a foot massage:silly:

• Like 1

5 inches is the best that I have ever been able to walk around in for the night. I have tried 5.5 inches but I get a bit wobbly and I need to bend my knees. Especially going down hills. Normally I wear 3 inch around in the day and to work. 4 or 5 for special nights.

• 5 weeks later...

I wear up to 5 inch heels right now. I am going to be purchasing my first pair of 6 inch heels in the next few days. I know it will take some time to get used to them. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get used to heels that high? Also, are 6 inch heels too high to wear to work? Thanks!

• Like 1

I wear up to 5 inch heels right now. I am going to be purchasing my first pair of 6 inch heels in the next few days. I know it will take some time to get used to them. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to get used to heels that high? Also, are 6 inch heels too high to wear to work? Thanks!

Depending on the outfit and where you work, 6 inch heels are not too tall at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally wear 5" heels but have got two pairs of 6" sandals and one pair of 6" boots. i don't find the extra inch too hard after being used to 5" heels. It is definitely easier to wear the boots though. Not as much support in the sandals. The extra inch also gets a lot more looks. Go for it girl XXX

• 3 weeks later...

Why strain yourself? I love platforms. They add height and make me look like I can walk in a 5 inch heel when in fact it is a 3" heel with 2" platform yet I still gain 5 inches of height. Don't most girls who like to look tall like platforms as well?

• 4 weeks later...

I can almost walk in 5'' heels since I have so small feet it's hard for me to go higher since without losing balance. But I'm a beginner so in the future I might go even higher IF I happen to find shoes that are higher than 5''. I just have to train a bit more... But on normal working days I tend to stick to 3,5'' since I do quite much walking around in the office :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed! 3.5" heel is a LOT. I can't do that unless I wear my padded boots with a fur lining, pantyhose and thick socks for padding. That is something I cannot do in the summer due to heat issues so I can't wear such high heels until fall rolls around.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

6 inch on special occasions. That would be my Pleaser Domina 212 :wave:

WOW! These shoes are THE shoes!

I think they'll be mine before Christmas.

I have boyfriend a month ago and now it's time he understand his place, because I'm 2 inches taller, and I love be more yet (6 inches at least with these shoes)

Lucky; he doesn't mind

MG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...