Skating in high heels

balletboot2000

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crotchhiboots - the boots were made by Leatherworks of London, and have a 7" platform with a 12" heel, plus "cavalier" tops. They are surprisingly comfy. Onyourtoes - yeah I see the funny side, you sure have to be careful, but its worth it for a laugh. BB

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I use 4 wheel high quality rollerskates and remove the entire boot, leaving just the skate platform with wheels. I also use a rather small skate as I've learned that the more weight you have over the front wheels, the more 'challenging' it is to skate forward. I then attach them to a pair of 5 inch sandals with a series of laces. A 5 inch sandal produces a 6 inch pitch as the skate base already has a one inch heel. The real fun starts as you try to carefully skate forward. The pitch of the shoe makes it actually roll you backwards! As you try to push forward you quickly realize this is nearly impossible and you are quite helpless in your heels. I've tried using 4 inch heels which make it possible to make it across the room, however slowly, 5 inch'ers which are fairly immobilizing and if I'm feeling particularly daring, 6 inch'ers which significantly increase the difficulty.

Wow! I almost didn't realize those are ballet boots in the last picture. Congratulations!

Try some fairly high pumps and get up over the front wheels. Really makes things interesting...and please keep the pictures coming. Thanks!

THAT'S what was wrong with the picture..... the front part of the skate looked the toe of the boot, but it wasn't! Thanks for pointing that out. Wow, standing in ballet boots on roller skates....well done!

I too am a fan of skating, in particular, Ice Skating...So I NATURALLY wanted to see what it would be like to ice skate in High Heeled Skates...So...

Posted Image

Posted Image

These started out as a pair of "Easy" boots bought on EBay and a pair of sz4 ice skates...A few screws and VOILA!! A quick trip to the ice...Bottoms up!!!! :o The biggest problem was the front of the blades do not protrude in front of the foot so ANY forward tilt and you're catching the toe picks...So you have to lean back and put weight on the heels :)

It was truly an experience and I hope it freezes here real good sometime soon so I can go play some more...I don't DARE wear these at the local Ice Rink!!! :oops:

Happy Heeling!!

Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Well done Shoeie. With your skills, I'm sure you could do something with roller skates as well. Give it a try. For those who might be skeptical about ruining a good pair of heels, just try lacing them on. Once you've High Wheeled a bit, I'm sure you'll want to dedicate a pair of heels. Any more pictures out there anyone?

BillHeelMan,

I know exactly what you mean about getting the ball of your foot, or your toes in Ballets, making skating forwards fun. The fact that I could manage skating in ballets itself, I thought was an achievement in its own right.

For Jennifer Nova, I found an old pair of knee length boots, and came up with this! I hope you like.

http://freefilestash.com/userfiles/balletboot2000/pSkate.jpg

http://freefilestash.com/./userfiles/balletboot2000/pSkate.jpg

Sorry I didn't have any ankle length wedges, but I prefer knee lengths.

BB

BB2000, Great High WHeels!! Are the boots fastened to the skates? About what height would you say the boot heels are? How was skating on a difficulty factor of 1 -10, 10 being most difficult? Have you reached the other side of the room yet? More pics please. (I'll be buying a camera soon)

bb2000, Nice job on what appears to be a mock-up. I don't have the resources to do this myself, and I actually used to suck at rollerskating. I did pretty well ice skating recently, so maybe I'm improving. Anyway, it would be neat to see a more 'polished' version, though it's up to you what you wanna do with it. I'm not commissioning the work or anything. I might try it myself someday. Life imitates art, in this case. Jen

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Jennifer was right,

they were a mock up to show what could be done. It would actually be a piece of cake to screw through into the platform.

Bill, I've skated in these boots inside the normal tops, and would rate as a 3. The ballets, even though they are somewhat set back rate as a 9. You can't push forward, you just end up going back as you've experienced.

The 12" heels rate at an 8. You can cross the room, but as you can expect, they are somewhat precarious.

http://www.freefilestash.com/userfiles/balletboot2000/P12%2Cskate%2Cin02.JPG

Hope the link works.

Skating? In high heeled skates? :) Oh HELL no! Tough enough maneuvering about icy streets in my 5"stilettos! :o Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.