Welcome to the board. Say your hellos in this thread.

Hello everybody, good to see that most of the old faithfulls are already on the board. Well I made it too. But still i find it a bit tedious to go thru' all them forums (fora ?) and so many different topics. Can't we keep it simple ? It's much more time consuming than the old board (especially that I do not have the most efficient connection, as I am again in the other side of the world in a so-called "emerging" economy). Can't stop progress, i guess. Cheers, Vanessa

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Vanessa, Yes I agree the old board was much more easy to assess 'at a glance'. It was simple .... if it's purple, you've read it.... if it's green, you havn't and if it's fallen off the bottom, it's out of date, in other words, 'self-purging'. I can see this setup is going to become very clogged after a year or so, and will need lots of moderator effort to keep it 'weeded' .... just like a garden which will grow so overgrown, you can no longer find the flowers. Charlie saved the interesting posts from the old board in notepad, as I did. BTW, I wonder if there would be interest in my reposting the 'Apsberger's' and the 'What do we do' threads? I also agree with your comments on access time. I also have an expensive third-world connection .... provided by British Telecom. PS .... the plural of Forum, according to my dictionary, is 'Fori'.

Nice to see you here Vanessa. With the old posts Xaphod, do you think that it would be a good idea to have a 'best of' type forum where all the good stuff could be archived and posted up for posterity? I'll put a post in the appropriate place. Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

I think your dictionary might be wrong. I thought forum was a bellum type word: Bellum Bellum Bellum Belli Bello Bello Bella Bella Bella Belorum Bellis Bellis So I reckon it's Fora. Is anyone going to put me right :smile: ?

Sorry. I lost my latin text book years ago :smile:

but a friend has just pointed out that Firefox has the correct word.

So it's semi-official, latin plural for forum is 'fora'. However standard english still has it as 'forums'.

Romani, ite domum

B)

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-02-06 21:05 ]</font>

Ehm, Francis ....

Romani, ite domum

unquote

Actually, Brian wrote "Romani, ite domu<u>s</u>" on the wall. And centurion John Cleese pointed out to him, that it should be domu<u>m</u> since a motion was involved, and that hence the accusativus should be used instead B)

write 100 times "Romani, ite domum" (just like Brian) :smile:

Yes, "These people called Romanes, they go the house!?????" What kind of Latin is that! BTW, I too use "forums." Obscure Latin plurals in common speech were a thing of the 20thC for highbrow eggheads, the same as men wearing heels was unknown. Luckily, this is the 21stC. I think the original confusion was with a dominus type word for which the plural does indeed end in "i". Eg cyrus, cyri. This form has suvived better because cyruses/s sounds a bit silly. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-07 01:21 ]</font>

I haven't posted anything on this wonderfull board yet, having nothing to say, but interesting to read. I saw another latin word a few days ago on the net: virii (plural for virus). It took me all of 5 secs. to guess what it means! Another thing: I haven't had any HH for about 15 years; bought a new pair of ankle boots - not usable for winter - and I sure find the winter too long. Those boots have a 4 inch heel; Will that entitle me to a high rating as a poster on this board? :smile: Thinking about it, ideas do come as one writes... bye all.

Here's another another one for you intellectual types - its Friday afternoon and I'm fed up with slaving over a Microsoft Access database. American trains used to have a caboose at the back. What is the plural of caboose - cabooses or cabeese. No prize for the winner as nobody seems to know the answer.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I think the plural should be cabooses, because the word is a contraction of "cabin house". Anyone knows better? I did see one for the first time in years a few weeks ago; A rare sight nowadays, just like HH on men. In the 70's, there were 3 of us guys, working at the same place, wearing HH.

All righty then!!

This is going to be fun. I just can't help but to follow my heart. It seems to have led me here...

Nice to meet everyone...:smile:

_____

Click my invisible banner, right here (hehe)

If there happened to be a model railway thread and a 3d animation thread, I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone likes videogames. I also like to draw too and often I draw a lot of characters with heels (though none know that I like heels that much)

---

Click my invisible banner-right here. hehe

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.mameworld.net/emuadvice/bigbenet.gif

<blush>That's my fave heeled character!</blush>

• 1 month later...

Hi all. This is my first post. Kewl board and all. I wear heels with black suits usually, a bit goth. The women I love(and attract)tend to be a bit retro(usually skirts and heels). They also tend to have huge shoe collections and be very affectionate. Call me Jay.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, fellow denizens of high-heel-land! Just a quick 'hello' and congrats to the webmasters, I've been looking for a board like this since God was a boy (a stiletto-wearing one I hope). All new HH-friends are welcome to drop me a line! Martin (and/or Tina) xx