Making high heeled shoes and boots more comfortable.

I have noticed over time that some boots or shoes are more comfortable to wear then others. It sometimes depends of how the arch is shaped of the sole and the hight of the heel combined. Have you any thoughts of this? What can be done to make the shoe or boot more comfortable?

First out... My problem is that with some boots my "front" foot tends to hurt under. I think it depends on to hard inner surface of the boot combined with high wight on the front foot. I think this problem would be less if the support of the arch were better. However I found a solution to this problem, not perfect, but still good. Scholl is selling something called "GEL Soles". It says on the package that it is shock absorbent, and it truly is. I bought the mens version who fitted perfectly in to my (female) Sacha cowboy boots size 41. I "installed" them and took a one hour walk with no problem at all. Two days ago I took a 10 minits walk and my feet was in the beginning of agony. The price is here in Sweden about 90 skr and in euro it will be something like 8-8.5 euro.

Hmmm.....interesting. For me the shape around the toes and the fit on the instep are the most important criterioa for comfort. When you came over to the UK, I remember you had quite high/curved arches so for you the arch shape is more pronounced than normal, and this aspect of fit thus becomes more important.

If you want more comfort may I suggest flats? <lol> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Shoe on 2002-04-24 00:00 ]</font>

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

However I found a solution to this problem, not perfect, but still good.

Scholl is selling something called

"GEL Soles". It says on the package that it is shock absorbent, and it truly is.

I bought the mens version who fitted perfectly in to my (female) Sacha cowboy boots size 41.

Hey, good to know. I have to keep my eyes open for these. Thanks for the pointer.

How thick are these actually? If they are more than a few mm they may make it even more uncomfortable as my feet tend to fill the whole shoe quite often...

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 2 weeks later...

or you can be like me and lauriheels. buy heels by jante. they are still the most comfortable high heel i have found and also my s/o says that the black patent 5" heels are more comfortable than her other 5" heels. don't you agree lauriheels??

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of those scholl products are available at pharmacies (chemists). Occassionally when my feet get sore I resort to them, they work.

Here's a link: http://www.drscholls.com/

Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-05-18 12:33 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

On 2002-05-05 03:29, hhpumps wrote:

or you can be like me and lauriheels. buy heels by jante. they are still the most comfortable high heel i have found and also my s/o says that the black patent 5" heels are more comfortable than her other 5" heels. don't you agree lauriheels??

Somewhat agree, yes. The soles do have a few mm of extra padding to them. The arch can take some getting used to. For me I still had to add something to the shoes, but all I did was take a Scholls heel guard kit, cut each piece in half, and pad the area for the ball of the foot. My toes still have the room they need, and the small pad acts like a shock absorber.

So Jante pumps are easy to fix up, and in the end, the cost is less. One package of heel slip guards can outfit two pairs of shoes. Not bad for man made materials. :smile:

Yes, Jante can be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree! Jante makes some truly nice 5" heels that the arch fits me to a T! Now to just get used to the height and I'll be fine!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!