Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

The purpose of this thread is to illustrate that a man in heels can look good to some women some of the time. Its filled with an abundance of anecdotal testimony: everything from women who share inspirational metaphors for men to wear high heels...to women who give out their number to a man in heels. Some women have excited responses like, "I love your look" ....to other women even reaching down to touch the shoe itself. Read on for further education and pleasure.

Okay, so being out and about in New York City on a Saturday evening street heeling had two interesting and fun notes to add:

"Your signature is your heels"--I was at a nightclub sitting on a bench next to the dance floor. To my left was brunette wearing dark indigo rinse jeans, patent baby doll open toe pumps, and a black satin halter top. I had actually left my cell phone with my jacket at coat check and really didn't have the time. After getting the time and few minutes later into our conversation she saw my heels:

Posted Image

Then she said, "Oh my god, we met before! Remember how you met my friend Jen, you know, the short blonde? If it wasn't for the heels I wouldn't have recognized you. Jen says she wants to come out with me to this club again so maybe she can talk to the guy in heels again. 'He's cool.' Your signature is your heels!"

So that was a fun response for sure.

"I want them!" is what a cute little brunette said to me about my boots. She was wearing a black top, dark blue jeans, and moderately pointy toed boots. But mine were pointier.

So I seized this opportunity and feeling brave walked up to her and said,

"I'll bet my shoes are pointier than yours. (Doing this I placed the tip of my shoe against hers)."

She said, "You're right, OMG."

I continued, "And I bet my heels are higher too..." At which point I tilted my foot to the side exposing the 4" heel. But that wasn't good enough. She had to bend down, hold up my foot with her hand, and examine the heel to believe what she was seeing.

"Wow, I like em! I really like em," she enthusiastically exclaimed. Then I said, "Banana Republics!" Then she said, "How much were they?"

"$200"

"I want em!"

So how is that for a couple of positive heeling events to enhance an already good evening out?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great Kneehighs ! Fun loving people are often open-minded

Great story!

Have any other street-heeling guys had a positive responses from women?

I have had a few good reactions when trying on shoes in a store.

One women even started asking me for advice (that was in San Francisco) and recommended me to buy the red boots instead of the black ones.

Strangely, where I have received a lot of postive reactions is when I get a pedicure. Several times women clients have commented that think it is so cool when a guy has his toes done. Maybe it is the type of women that come and get pedicures ...

Well, I know from my own experiences with female co-workers that women tend to be more accepting of men wearing heels. I'm either being complimented on my shoes, or told that I amaze others because I wear such tall heels. It's quite refreshing to say the least. :-?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Let's face it! Most guys aren't anatomically constructed to wear sleek, fashionable, women's clothing -- especially high heels. While it is one thing to see a 6' tall woman, dressed in a sharp business suit, wearing classic stiletto pumps with 4" heels, most men wearing a suit and tie would look just plain silly, especially if they were 5'7" tall and weighed 230 Lbs. They would look as out of place as does "Mimi Bobeck (Kathy Kinney)" on that silly Drew Carey TV situation comedy show. Guys and gals with "hippopotamus feet" (gals with ankles as thick as their legs (swollen?)) shouldn't wear 5" stiletto heel pumps in public. It looks like a marshmallow sitting on top of an aspirin.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with Bubba, nothing like a big'ol foot in a dainty stiletto pump. Just not right. I do however like the look of the stiletto boot with the jeans covering the heel as in the original threads picture by kneehighs. Jim

i agree about the big ole foot in a dainty shoe. i've seen a few crossdressers with their gigantic feet stuffed into those pumps which look like size 15... at least for me, the look just isn't going places. i should feel fortunate for my slim foot and legs.

I must say, however, JeffB is one of the few guys that is, in my opinion, able to pull it off. At least that's my observation from the pictures he posted a couple of years ago. (I believe that he posted several of him in full face, from head to toe -- although if I remember correctly, he was sitting down.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I must say, however, JeffB is one of the few guys that is, in my opinion, able to pull it off. At least that's my observation from the pictures he posted a couple of years ago. (I believe that he posted several of him in full face, from head to toe -- although if I remember correctly, he was sitting down.)

Thanks for the compliment, bubba! I appreciate that! I'm fortunate in that I'm both tall (6-2) and fairly slender in build, so the overall presentation from head to toe works well. You can't be pudgy, stout or overly muscular in order to look right in heels. One day, I'll see about doing a full figure shot so everyone can see the whole picture!

:-?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd condense some of the positive responses we've received from women at TheFashionSpot.com in the Opinions On This Look thread. Out of a total of 40 posts, 12 different women (30% of the posts in this thread) were incontestably supportive of a man in heels. To qualify to be included in the following list, a poster had to somewhere reveal herself as a bonafide xx female, either in her profile or somewhere in her archived posts. So rest assured, these comments are strictly from real women.

i think it works with the dark colors

I say "Go for it!"

I thought I was over the pointy toes, but you make it look sexy and timeless. It reminds me of how Johnny from Menswear used to wear high-heeled boots under trousers. But your look is even more risque- and I like that.

The next quote is from highheels who doesn't reveal herself as either homme or femme, but when I read her archived posts, she was challenged with a "busty" problem revealing herself to be femme.

I love this look. Like what was said , it looks good with the dark denim.

The next quote is from Sloan who says that people claim she looks like Courtney Cox, Rena Sofer, or Wonder Woman (Linda Carter).

I think it looks good.

Its pretty rock star - Prince, Lenny Kravitz, Bolan, Roxy Music - I reckon you can get away with it.

The next positive comes from a "femme" named Meg who is reponding to JimC's pic of his Tommy Hilfiger heels as seen HERE

If I could see the whole outfit I could give you a definate answer but from what I see I don't mind it at all!

i think the original boots posted look quite good...

I like it. I think it works because it doesn't seem absurdly out of proportion somehow...if that makes sense. The dark look works, too. It seems, as someone said, very rock star somehow.

The next response comes from couturefemme who also uses "mscfemme" as her AOL Instant Messenger handle.

i love that look, sevens and a nice pointy stilleto ...esp. novel on a guy! lovelovelove and ROCK that look for all you've got!

if it's comfortable and makes you feel good, you don't need anyone's approval =D

Looks great!

I think it looks good (smiley sending a flower)

love it!

if you like it too, just go for it! don't care about what other people think

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

A First Date.

I met a woman through a singles listing online, almost a year ago. We have been chatting online, and exchanging emails quite regularly. Some days we have chatted for hours.

I would often send her a picture of a a good looking woman wearing high heeled boots and ask her opinon of the picture. After a while I would send pictures but comment more on the boots, and ask her opinion. She started asking me what was up with the boots all the time. I told her I really thought they looked great, and I really liked high heeled boots.

Then I started sending her pictures of just boots. All kinds of boots, but always with a high heel. She finally asked if I wore high heeled boots, and I told her I did. She at first asked me all the expected questions. I told her it was just something I enjoyed. She told me she did not think that was something she was comfortable with.

Well, we finally had our first date last Saturday night. We met at a nice, quiet restaurant, not far from her house. I arrived first, wearing my Harley Boots with 4" heels. Once she arrived, we were seasted at our table. We hit it off pretty well, and sat there talking about almost everything, except high heels, for 5 hours!

After dinner I walked her to her car and we kissed goodnight. That is when I asked her if I had embarrased her at all. She said "No, why?". I said "Because of my boots, did you even notice?". She told me she noticed as soon as she arrived, so I asker why she had not said anything.

She then told me she liked them, and she guessed she was not as uncomfortable as she thought she would be.

Well, we are going shoe shopping this Saturday, then out to dinner again.

I asked her if it was ok if I wore heels. She said she hoped I would.

So guys! Go for it.

Hope this was not too Long Winded a Story. :)

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Gary0618:-) You did the right thing by letting her know that you wore high heels from the very beginning so that she knew what to expect even before your first face-to-face meeting with her. This could have made all of the difference in the world in determining her attitude on the subject. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

A First Date.

Well, we are going shoe shopping this Saturday, then out to dinner again.

I asked her if it was ok if I wore heels. She said she hoped I would.

So guys! Go for it.

Hope this was not too Long Winded a Story. :)

Gary0618

Awesome! I always love hearing stories like these! You must be doing something right. :-)

Good luck!

-Nate

Great story!!! Bet her responses got the adrenaline flowing. It seems women are more open to men wearing feminine shoes. I've had some responses about some clogs that I have worn and it was an incredible rush!! I think the ladies are much more open to our shoe passions than we give them credit. :)

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I drove out to the Nine West Outlest store to see what was new. All their boots were on sale at 50% off. It's a self-serve store. I picked out a pair of black stiletto ankle boots in a size 11 and slipped them on. There was only one other customer and the young female sales clerk in the store at the time. The sales girl casually asked me how they fit as I walked over to the full length mirror to check them out. I said they were a bit loose and so she pulled out a size 10 for me to try on. I tried them on as well and though they weren't bad, they were a little tight. Knowing that I all ready owned two pair of black stiletto ankle boots, I picked up the same boot but in red color, to which the the sales girl said, "The red boots are really hot and I've got them in a size 10 1/2." So I tried them on and they fit perfectly. The color isn't a bright red, more of blood red. The sales girl repeated how "hot" she thought they looked on me and I was sold. I bought them and wore them to a restaurant that same evening. When the young female server brought me my order she looked down and said, "Your shoes are awesome, where did you get them?" I told her, "Nine West, just this morning" and she repeated, "They're awesome". I said "Thanks". I wore them to the mall for a little Christmas shopping as well. No more comments though.

Fashionablefun:-) That's a great story that you have shared with us. It just goes to show that some men can successfully wear red heels out in public and be accepted. Congrats! BTW---Welcome to the HH Place Forum. Have fun making friends here. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!