What a trip

Heelson

I've been around for a while, but never really had the balls (!) to go out in heels, in public. Until the weekend. In preparation, I'd visited Faith, and bought a new pair of boots - size 9, 4" heel. Great assistant, she actually walked me around the shop pointing out which other styles were available in a 9. She never asked me who the boots were for, but I don't think she needed to. She knew they were for me (though I didn't try them), and I was pretty sure that she knew. So, out in the car (in boots), called off at a petrol station. Walked into the shop, paid, and walked out again. No comments, though the guy behind the till could clearly see them. Walked back across the forecourt to the car, a couple of other drivers looked, but no staring or comments. Wandered around my old Uni campus for about an hour. In and out of a few shops there buying odds & ends (Red Bull! - late night before), again no comments, although a more elderly couple (dropping off their kids at Uni for new term??) did do a bit of a double take. Wow. What a buzz. Now I'm working out how to do this more often. Without the other people posting here, I wouldn't have dared to it. So, maybe more people will do likewise, and men-in-heels will become a more common sight. Thanks all. H

Welcome to the rank of public heel wearer my friend, we're growing again.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Oh well, all that nagging was worth it :smile:

<font color=green>

Ode To The Faint Hearted

</font><font color=blue>

So you're afraid of wearing shoes ?!

Well, it's your life you've got to lose.

Don't let women have all the joys,

Nice shoes are meant for girls and boys.

The times are many we have said,

Go do your thing, lift up your head.

Thus get your four inch on, you fools,

It's 2002, there ain't no rules!

</font>

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-09 00:47 ]</font>

I agree, Firefox! Once the initial effort is made and the first strides taken, then there is no looking back! Be natural, be confident, and the world will be an easier place for those of us in heels.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Yes ok Firefox ... it did take me a little while :smile: I need to spend a couple of days away from home in the next couple of weeks, needing a hotel stay (etc) in another part of the country. I'm thinking that this might be another heeled expedition. No-one will know or recognise "me", and it has to be a relatively safe environment. If I can work out how to post piccies here, I'll post a pic of the boots, and some of the other dozens of pairs of heels that lurk in my wardrobe (closet). Hey Ho, Hey Ho, it's off in heels I go.