6th & 7th NOV 2004 UK HEEL-MEETS, AND REPORTS

Heelfan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, A great three days of Heel-Meets to round-off 2004! The prize for sheer enthusiasm must go to Beeblebrox of Sweden. He flew all the way to London for no other reason than three days of enjoyable Heel-Meets. On Friday he had a mini-meet with one (or two?) members, as well as participating in the Saturday and Sunday events. Firefox has already reported on the nice 5-member Saturday Meet (would have been 6 if I'd been well enough) in Portobello Road/ Camden/Oxford Street. Just to add though that apparently Dr. Shoe came attired in spectacular high-heeled red boots with his jeans tucked into them, Simon came in shortish skirt and high-heeled mules, both Firefox and Beeblebrox wore high-heeled cowboy boots and no data has reached me concerning the nature of Calv's footwear. Sunday saw an 8-member Meet. It's always great to meet new members and we welcomed Fogborkenvv (in pointed brown boots with 4" stiletto heels), the lovely blonde Mrs. Fogborkenvv (miniskirt, black tights and d'orsay shoes with ankle straps and slim heels around 3"), our other super couple Dr. Shoe and Ruth both wearing tall boots with 4" semi-chunky Louis heels (Dr. Shoe's pair made by himself at the Cordwainer's College), Si in a longish skirt/sarong and 4"-heeled cowboy boots (later changing to brown boots with 5" slimmer heels), Beeblebrox in stylish black suede boots with shiny black 4" heels (later changing to leather boots with 6" chunky heels and 1 1/2" platforms). Nhoj62 deserves the prize for the most discreet heel-wearing: trainers with a guesstimated lift of 0.4726", whilst I rashly started off in ankle boots with steel needle-thin 5" heels only to find that the latter skidded around like mad on Lakeside's glassy smooth marble floor. I soon changed into a pair of low-cut Barratt's size 10 courts with pointed toes and 4 1/2" composition-tipped stiletto heels. Biggest hit with the general public was Si in his skirt and 5" heels. Two excited girls asked him to stop and pose for their photo-shoot! Several hours of enjoyable teetering around Lakeside's many shoe shops (and food/coffee breaks) absolutely flew by, and all too soon it was time for us all to go our separate ways. There was a definite sadness when we had to part and people obviously found it hard to tear themselves away. All in all it was an excellent weeked of street-heeling with which to round-off the really great series of 2004 Heel-Meets. If you will all give us a breather over Christmas and the New Year, we'll look forward to plotting some new ideas and suggestions with a view of resuming around late February/March time. In the meantime, thanks to all those who attended the 2004 Heel-Meets, and for those that didn't, thanks for wishing that you had done! Cheerful tidings for the coming Festive Season! Very Jovially yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have seen nhoj's trainers and they are 0.5726" :D But I jest; coming along is the main thing, it matters not what you wear. We enjoy shopping, good conversation and some drinks/food. The usual retail therapy stuff and a chance to discuss different styles of shoes without anyone thinking you are a nutcase. I can't see the difference between discussing the match at the weekend, shoe styles, or the latest cast change in Eastenders. Apart from the shoes require some intelligence and proactive activity rather than being glued in front of the telly all week :-?

After three stunning days in heels and looking for heels and talking heels am I back in a cold swedish winter like setting. It actually was ice on the windows of my ancient car. I can only agree whats been written above and hopefully it will not take 2.5 years until next time as it did this time. Hopefully there will be more people from Sweden next time as well. I could tell a little bit of the mini premeeting on friday the 5th. Si picked me up at the airport and we went off to several places for potential shoeshopping including some nice second hand shops in the Essex area. Size 41 is normally found in shoeshops, but in most of the second hand shops had only small sizes, unfortenly. I spotted a nice pair of high heeled platform boots in size 5 so I couldent even try them on. However, the salesladies were very kind and were very easy to talk with about everything including high heels. It seems like if you are friendly and open about what you are doing and not try to hide it they accept you and they enjoy a good chat with you. Beeblebrox

Yes Firefox, I am sure that Nhoj62 will realisethat I was only jesting too! Far more important that what footwear people turn up in is that they actually turn up so that we can all enjoy each other's company. That's why we always say "Heels not compulsory!". 2004 has been a great year for Heel-Meets, starting with the Euro Heel-Meet in Paris, followed by a whole host of UK meets throughout the year. To those of you who've not yet attended, believe me we all have a great (but perfectly harmless) time at these occasions, and I hope lots more of you will step out and join us in 2005! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Calv here Just like to add my bit about last Saturdays heel meet (mine meet was somewhat shorter than most as the lure of some lucre came my way and I travelled by fast van via Heathrow) before meeting up with the gang in Camden. Quite funny really I was one side of Camden High Street talking by mobile to Firefox who was exacty opposite. It was great to meet up with Beeblebrox again after all this time as well as the rest of the gang. Heel data for Heelfan - I was wearing my familiar "yomping wedges" as named by Firefox - but they were also worn in the factory and warehouse and whilst driving the van. Not much to add really that hasn't been said before but I enjoyed my day out and look forward to the next one. (Even if the retail heels are rather disappointing this year). Sadly the day was marred when I eventually got back to the van and heard the news about the train crash, but thats all I'm going to say on that matter. Nice to see you all had a good time on Sunday. Was Essex ready for the heely crowd? Later Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv