Custom design

wez

Hi, Has anyone experience of designing their own shoes / boots and getting them made? If so, any advice on design, where to get them made, etc. I'm thinking of having something special made for an anniversary.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

Yes I have. :D I could reccommend my local shoe maker Achilles but unless you live within an easy distance of east London, that won't be much help.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hmmmm, east London is not that close, but thanks anyway. I wasn't thinking of anything too 'outlandish', 4 1/2" heels (maybe metal), with a cross-over ankle strap and a long pointed toe, open sides, something along the lines of Bod Weave Ankle strap shoes the Schuh recently had. (Don't worry, she's got a pair of those already, :D )

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Anyone had experience designing their own shoe. Well working on that right now and have already built some shoes of my own design and ran them totally into the ground. My current projects are a pair of ballet heels and open toe or camel toe stiletto lug sole. What I want here is a high top boot with a heavy duty work boot sole with a stiletto heel, actually all high class and elegant shiny leather with a work-boot out-sole. Just got my grommet setting pliers today and soon getting the clay to make the last. If I go open toe they will be front lace and if I build the camel toe that will be side zip.

• 1 month later...

Just got a few more pictures posted of the open toe lug sole HH boots. Just now I am in the process of sewing the liner together. After that probably I will stretch the liner around the last made of potters clay and build the rest of the boot from there. The clay of the last is recyclable but likely I keep them for other boots or even someone else that needs some HH size 43.

• 3 weeks later...