What do you think of these?

Geoff (Aus)

This pair of 4 inch heels seems to get heaps more compliments from other woman than any other pair of shoes my wife wears. They look great with a pair of jeans, denim skirt or pretty much anything else during the day? Not an evening shoe but quite nice to bum around in!

Posted Image

Posted Image

:smile:

I'm not very keen on that modern heel shape with the kink in the line. I'm just in the process of modifying some boots to get rid of that kind of shape on them Otherwise, I like the stripey vamp on your wife's pair. Very striking!

I like the postion of the instep strap, very elegant. The recessed heel also looks good and has to be very easy to walk on, making such a heel height very comfortable for long walks.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope no one minds if I resurrect this category...

At commencement exercises a couple of weeks ago I saw a very gothy girl dressed (among other things) in these:

Posted Image</img>

And low and behold, http://www.alloy.com send me a catalog a few days later, with them inside ($32, size 5-11).

I know they're not most of the gals' "cup of tea", but I thought I'd ask anyhow, "What do you think of these?"

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I don't think I should be the first to comment, but oh well, too bad. Did the Bride of Frakenstein's Monster have a garage sale? They seem like they would be for clomping about. Certainly they give a good deal of a height boost. For short goths, maybe. Goths don't wear heels very much. Maybe I am glad I am past that.

Summer workshoes for Shockqueen :smile: Cant see Laurie in them though They should be pretty stable as they only have an inch or so lift by the looks of things. Very gothy shoes. _________________ Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity. Calv <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calv on 2002-05-27 01:34 ]</font>

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

The platform is too high and they are too clumpy for my liking. I disagree with Laurie about Goth girl style in London though. Many Goth girls wear very high heels and not the same types of shoes either. Anything from clumpies to the thinnest of stilettos. You can see it all on display around Camden market.

On 2002-05-27 02:29, Firefox wrote:

The platform is too high and they are too clumpy for my liking. I disagree with Laurie about Goth girl style in London though. Many Goth girls wear very high heels and not the same types of shoes either. Anything from clumpies to the thinnest of stilettos. You can see it all on display around Camden market.

Goths here are very much into Doc Martins and any sort of flat boot. I use to own army boots. Oh the horror of it! Get me away from it! But that was the more North American goth trend. Heels wqere a low heeled granny boot style if they were worn. It was all about feeling dead in society and looking the part.

Now, Calv wrote: Cant see Laurie in them though

Darn straight! Certainly not my style at all!