What's the most treacherous landscape to navigate in high he

e

I must agree with walk on grass or dirt when it,s wet. My stilettos already sink in the dry ground, so if it,s muddy it,s really hard to walk in becouse my whole shoe tend to want to sink. Even if I try to walk on the toes of my heels. Down south we dont get snow, but plenty of rain so it can get hard to walk outside. Also hot blacktop surfaces can be a sticky situation during the hot summer months. I fly a private plane and during the summer i ahve to walk on the fronts of my heels becouse the tarmac tinds to become sort of sticky. Charlie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gals, i don't want to interfere in the girls' forum but, from my own experience I can tell you that walking in stilettoes on wet cobblestones streets, as are common in the picturesque, medieval part of our Belgian towns (Brussels, Brugge, Antwerp ...)is quite a challenge. Whether you slip, or get your heel stuck between cobblestones, or just plainly twist your foot. Not the most pleasurable experience. Vanessa

[Humour] The innermost reaches of an al-Quaeda cave? Only joking. My first ever trip out in heels involved a 200 yard walk over cobbles. That was real learning experience. I find the worst surface is a shopping street with old paving slabs after heavy rain - I hate it when my feet get splashed as the paving stone rocks.

[Humour] The innermost reaches of an al-Quaeda cave? Only joking. My first ever trip out in heels involved a 200 yard walk over cobbles. That was real learning experience. I find the worst surface is a shopping street with old paving slabs after heavy rain - I hate it when my feet get splashed as the paving stone rocks.

On 2002-06-18 01:10, Dave Lipstick wrote:

[Humour]

The innermost reaches of an al-Quaeda cave?

Interesting thought. I used to have wishful dreams of some star trek like series or novel where hi-heeled boots were a required part of the everyday uniform in the space navy of both sexes..

I think there would be a lot less war if all member nations were to agree on just one international rule on the conduct of war--that all soldiers (including the generals) had to wear 4" spike heels during battle!!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

The stone / fake marble stairs in a lot of offices seem to be absolutely lethal. I've seen a few people have problems on our main stairs & treat them with ultimate caution. The tiled floow in the washroom is also good for a quick skate. I don't think the likelihood of a fall is only to do with heel height, but some of my best looking shoes don't have much grip on the sole.

I've gone apex over base in an old churchyard walking across wet stone. And I was in flat shoes at the time. I think I'd give that one a miss in heels...

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 1 month later...

For wearers of 5" spikes or higher: 1) going downslope on any hard surface 2) going down stairs where the ball of your foot hangs over the edge of each step PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The worst surface I've had to deal with as far as danger of slipping is concerned is at the local WalMart late at night right after they have waxed and buffed the floor! :lol: :x

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

the most trecherous ground i found to walk over was fresh plowed or a disced field :lol::(:) . you rally sink down in the dirt. it is even hard to walk on if it is frozen. sthis should not be tried except by a professional hi heel wearer :lol::o

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

It doesn't seem so bad if done in stiletto boots. They would have a better chance of staying on. I don't think that a shoe stuck in a field would grow into anything, so it would be senseless to lose one. But why would anyone try anything that silly? Okay, I suppose there is a fetish aspect, but I don't think I'll ever understand such a thing. Besides, most of us live an urban life, in some way, so we don't have to run across any fresh plowed fields. But yes, it would be very high on the treacherous ground scale.

Try walking up a very steep, very icy pathway in 5 inch pumps with VERY smooth soles! You cannot get more slippery than that! :lol:

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Try walking up a very steep, very icy pathway in 5 inch pumps with VERY smooth soles! You cannot get more slippery than that!

This is a typical statement for somebody who has never worn heels in normal life, because walking down a slope in heels is much more difficult as walking up.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

on the steepness of the hill. I find that 5 inch heel is a limit in descending, since I can bend the knees to gain my balance but the heels tends to bend! In this situation if you go on descending you could break the heel. Once, after descending a hill I found both heels had lost their strenghts since they weren't as vertical as before and they were only 4"! But if the heel isn't a stiletto and is wider I think that the limit of his height would depend on my leg and my walking style. Anyway steep hills are difficult to walk in heels bath also unoaved road, such as paths in the parks, are tremendous landscapes, even if there are rocks.

I don't think that a shoe stuck in a field would grow into anything, so it would be senseless to lose one.

But Laurie - where do shoe trees come from then?

[Couldn't resist :D ]

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 weeks later...

On the subject of going down stairs, I have recently found that it is much easier on my knees, and therefore much easier generally, if I lift my (downstairs going) leg up as high as I would if I were going up, or nearly so. I don't think it looks as ridiculous as it felt the first time I tried it, and the effect on my knees after 3 flights down was so much less stressful that I really don't care what it looks like. If you do it slowly, it can be quite graceful, and you don't even have to use a handrail! Besides which, it also exercises my leg muscles almost as much as going upstairs. :lol:

I just remembered another treacherous object. Ever try to walk up a ladder in 6" stiletto heels? I have and it was scary. I had to walk up sideways to keep the sole and spike on each step. Even coming down was scary.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I just remembered another treacherous object. Ever try to walk up a ladder in 6" stiletto heels? I have and it was scary. I had to walk up sideways to keep the sole and spike on each step. Even coming down was scary.

OK, this is probably a dumb question - but why were you on a ladder in heels?!? I mean, I'm an enthusiast and all, everything I can do in heels I do in heels, but I'm not going to try that one :lol:

I've done a ladder in five inch heels at work, trying to help out a girl from marketing with some display work in the lobby. Girl of all talents. It is not all that easy to work on a ladder in heels, and I do try to pass this off to others when I can. However, I have done it, and I remain free from broken bones or other injuries despite my endeavours. It's not that big a deal, really. But I wonder how many people would get a kick out of seeing a girl in stilettos on a ladder. And considering I once did this very thing in five inch stilettos and a short skirt, all the while worrying that it was inappropriate, well... Skirts and ladders do not go together.

........OK, this is probably a dumb question - but why were you on a ladder in heels?!? I mean, I'm an enthusiast and all, everything I can do in heels I do in heels, but I'm not going to try that one :(

I was relaxing in a lounge chair while wearing my heels when I noticed the overhead light in the foyer stairwell had burned out. I did not want to take off my heels and change the bulb barefoot. And I would never put on flats when wearing hosiery. :lol:

I often use a step ladder around the house while being domestic. Generally, I just stand on the balls of my feet and allow the heels to be airborne. There is nothing as sexy as being domestic in hose and heels and little things like using a ladder, or just vaccuming seem so much more enjoyable dressed that way. I cannot understand why so many ladies dislike housework so. But then again how may ladies (those here excluded of course) actually prefer to be in heels anyway?

I sometimes do the ironing in heels, but that's about it. I tend to leave most domestic stuff to the cleaner. She sometimes sorts the fridge into alphabetical order, and always arranges the remote controls in order of size and pointing due north, but I can forgive that for the best cleaning I've ever seen!