A Suggestion?

Dr. Shoe

How would it be if we were to mirror the subjects in this forum in the "For the guys" forum so that Guys can respond to them there? We could read the question here and then respond in the guys forum and vice-versa. This could be voluntary or the moderators could move any guy's post that takes a confrontational tone to the guy's forum.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

my quibble with all this is that we are supposed to be a group of people sharing the same interest. This says womens fashion topics, not area for only women to post on. I think all this is rather petty and is just going to end up seperating us all. All the talk of invading, well im not so sure. We dont all come to post here with bad intentions, and i wouldnt complain if lots of females were giving opinions on the guys topics. Plus i cant say i remember that many opinions from our female members in the guys section, so its only natural that people will join in topics here to get opinions from females. I think if the girls dont want us to post on a topic, and have started something they just wanna discuss with the other members, they could just start the post with 'Just for the Girls' or something similar. ill probably get slated for this post but thats my view on it. Daz

Daz, you don't get it do you? This is not really about what you and the other guys want to do. In my opinion, It is all to do with trying to avoid the very obvious hurt and upset and feeling of the girls in feeling perpetually invaded as they currently do. Not just one, but quite a number of our precious minority of girls are feeling swamped and are voicing to us loud and clear. Can't you guys just LISTEN to them? Some girls have already been driven off permanently, and some have been driven off temporarily. Now I'm extremely happily married, and my wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary earlier this year. But marital happiness doesn't just happen, it needs constant work on both sides, and for the gentleman, ALWAYS TRYING TO PUT THE LADY AND HER FEELINGS FIRST! Recently, many of the sensitive and caring guys have eased-up on the "For The Girls" Forum to try and exercise consideration and to give the girls more space. This to me is great (that forum being the only place where they try to have a girl-to-girl chat). But sadly there are a few thick-skinned guys who feel it more important to use that gals thread for their own selfish bickerings without any thought for the few lovely girls who we ought to be encouraging by giving them space. For goodness sake, there are oodles of other Forum topics and threads for us guys to post on, so why not just listen to the girls and their wishes, and give them there space. It is not always a question of looking-up the forum's exact rules, it's often just a question of plain good manners! Only this evening Becky PMd me and thanked me personally and many of the guys for being gentlemen, and added that she has come to hate the constant feel of being invaded by other persistant guys on "For the Gals". Surely to goodness we can just respect that and stand rather further back for once. Either that, or we could well find we've no girls left. Maybe some of you want that, but for me it would be a disaster! The regrettably small band of girls are the best thing on these Forums. I cherish them and applaud them and hope their wishes can be respected. It's simple! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I agree with Dr Shoe, I was going to suggest something similar until I saw this post. I try not to go into the Girls Forum unless it is really essential, and certainly not to start an augment. Any married man will tell you Daz that you can't win an augment with a woman. :D

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

If it was intended for every one to mingle all over the board there would be no For the Gals section, no for the Guys most likely not an every one section. Let's give the ladies some breathing space. PLEASE!!! There is a problem, Fox is the only active moderator and right now there are no active women moderators. Is there any women who are willing to be a moderator? Maby just for the women's section?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

All the talk of invading, well im not so sure. We dont all come to post here with bad intentions, and i wouldnt complain if lots of females were giving opinions on the guys topics.

Daz

Daz:

There would be more women posting in the mens section if we (women on the board) were no in the minority.

Daz:

There would be more women posting in the mens section if we (women on the board) were no in the minority.

On the other hand, does there have to be strength in numbers to post in any particular forum?

I understand the need to feel that if you wanted to post a topic that you'd want moral support, but I'm sure that there'd be plenty of guys who would support you unless your posts were deliberately anti-man.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.