The Bristol UK Heel-Meet, 11 Sept 04 - Photo Report Update

Heelfan

Calling all Interested Heel-Meeters! THE BRISTOL UK HEEL-MEET, SATURDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2004. ARRANGEMENTS (updated 2nd Sept): The bad news: My wife hoped to do a buffet lunch at our place, but she's away that particular weekend exhibiting at a big antiques fair. The good news: Firefox has kindly volunteered to help prepare the spread! MEET: 10.30AM MCDONALD'S UPPER ROOM, BOND STREET, BROADMEAD (MOVING-OFF AT ABOUT 11AM). BY CAR: FIND M4 JUNC 19, TAKE M32 INTO CENTRAL BRISTOL TO IT'S VERY END, THE "T" JUNCTION. TURN RIGHT INTO BOND ST, AND MCDONALDS IS IMMEDIATELY ON YOUR LEFT WITH PARKING LAYBY OUTSIDE, OR JUST BEFORE THE "T" YOU COULD HAVE PARKED IN MULTISTOREY ON LEFT. BY TRAIN: ALIGHT AT TEMPLE MEADS STATION, TURN RIGHT OUT OF STATION APPROACH. WALK NORTH UP TEMPLE WAY WHICH BECOMES BOND STREET, AND McDONALDS IS ON YOUR LEFT. IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING OUR MOBILES: MINE 07966 450583 or FIREFOX'S 07941 172043 OR DAZ'S 07834 327100. GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. SUGGESTIONS: BIGFOOT SHOPS? SMALLFOOT SHOPS? HARBOURSIDE STROLL, MINIBUS TOUR OF BRISTOL'S SITES (DRIVEN BY ME, HEELFAN)? BUFFET LUNCH AT MY PLACE. FINISH: MID-EVENING (ALTHOUGH SOME USUALLY HAVE TO LEAVE EARLIER) PROBABLE ATTENDERS SO FAR: Nigel, FGWJon & Marlene, Nhoj, Daz & Jade, Fogbokenvv & Partner, Dr. Shoe & Ruth, Ruthy, Bladerunner, Nikki, Firefox, Xaphod, Calv, Kent (visiting from New York), Highonheels, Simon and Me (Heelfan) plus Francis & Jackie (for a short time). Can those and any more interested attenders (ALL WELCOME - HEELS NICE BUT NOT COMPULSORY!) please confirm by posting below? - Thanks! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am still up for a bristol meet,just need a liitle notice in case in falls on a saturday when i am rostered to work,so i can book leave(i still have about nine million days to take!) jc

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Good, good, good! The Bristol Heel-Meet is shaping-up nicely! Any more interested attenders care to give us their preferred day of the week and their unavailable holiday dates? ALL GUYS AND GALS WELCOME! HEELS NOT COMPULSORY (BUT NICE!) Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

just an update to say that i am on holiday from thursaday 29th of june till tuesday the 17th august so if we could arrange the meet outside of those dates that would be great later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

whichever way, i will have to book a day off, but would like to attend. just dont arrange the 17/18 july, as this happens to host an important airshow at fairford that i will not be missing. Holiday last week aug/beg of sept other than that im fine daz

whichever way, i will have to book a day off, but would like to attend.

just dont arrange the 17/18 july, as this happens to host an important airshow at fairford that i will not be missing.

Holiday last week aug/beg of sept

other than that im fine

daz

17 July v. bad for me too!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, now that we've got the successful Leicester, London and Mini-Bristol Heel-Meets behind us, I'm keen to fix a firm date for the MAIN BRISTOL 2004 HEEL-MEET very shortly. Before I do, do any more interested guys and gals wish to state which of their Saturdays are convenient or inconvenient during August and September? Please post below: Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

hi,we will more than likley take a short holiday around that time but as yet nothing is organised, so plan ahead. Daz, It will be great to meet you if we can both make it. what day are you going to fairford? let me know, I dont live far awauy from there. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

• 2 weeks later...

am still interested in attending this one, but it is good to know a date a good month or more before, as the cheap train tickets for such a long journey vanish rapidly, leaving the 50-90 quid tickets. from the aug bank holiday, i am off that week on holiday, otherwise am fine for suggested days daz

im off the 1st and 2nd of sept. its the week running off the BH

I meant the 1st or 2nd SATURDAY in Sept ie 4th or 11th.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Has the date been set for this yet? We'd like to come if possible. I'm assuming this isn't a lads only event as my partner would like to come as well.

Hi, the two of us will be coming and I think daz will be bringing his better (sorry daz) half, also, there was a threat by heelfan that we may be able to go back to his place where his wife may well be putting on a bit of a spread for us.

so rest assured that it wont be a blokes only meeting, infact the more ladies the better.

feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Yes, and Dr. Shoe is hoping to bring his wife Ruth too, so it looks as if we're already up to about four of five lady attenders. I'll try and invite some other lady members like Anne-Louise and Suede too. Thank you for your responses re convenient/inconvenient dates. I'll float a date to you all very shortly now. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Calling all Interested Heel-Meeters! THE BRISTOL UK HEEL-MEET, SATURDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2004. ARRANGEMENTS (updated 2nd Sept): The bad news: My wife hoped to do a buffet lunch at our place, but she's away that particular weekend exhibiting at a big antiques fair. The good news: Firefox has kindly volunteered to help prepare the spread! MEET: 10.30AM MCDONALD'S UPPER ROOM, BOND STREET, BROADMEAD (MOVING-OFF AT ABOUT 11AM). BY CAR: FIND M4 JUNC 19, TAKE M32 INTO CENTRAL BRISTOL TO IT'S VERY END, THE "T" JUNCTION. TURN RIGHT INTO BOND ST, AND MCDONALDS IS IMMEDIATELY ON YOUR LEFT WITH PARKING LAYBY OUTSIDE, OR JUST BEFORE THE "T" YOU COULD HAVE PARKED IN MULTISTOREY ON LEFT. BY TRAIN: ALIGHT AT TEMPLE MEADS STATION, TURN RIGHT OUT OF STATION APPROACH. WALK NORTH UP TEMPLE WAY WHICH BECOMES BOND STREET, AND McDONALDS IS ON YOUR LEFT. IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING OUR MOBILES: MINE 07966 450583 or FIREFOX'S 07941 172043 OR DAZ'S 07834 327100. GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. SUGGESTIONS: BIGFOOT SHOPS? SMALLFOOT SHOPS? HARBOURSIDE STROLL, MINIBUS TOUR OF BRISTOL'S SITES (DRIVEN BY ME, HEELFAN)? BUFFET LUNCH AT MY PLACE. FINISH: MID-EVENING (ALTHOUGH SOME USUALLY HAVE TO LEAVE EARLIER) PROBABLE ATTENDERS SO FAR: Nigel, FGWJon & Marlene, Nhoj, Daz & Jade, Fogbokenvv & Partner, Dr. Shoe & Ruth, Ruthy, Bladerunner, Nikki, Firefox, Xaphod, Calv, Kent (visiting from New York), Highonheels, Simon and Me (Heelfan) plus Francis & Jackie (for a short time). Can those and any more interested attenders (ALL WELCOME - HEELS NICE BUT NOT COMPULSORY!) please confirm by posting below? - Thanks! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Much as I would love to be there, I will be otherwise engaged in travelling to Dorset for a charity gig along with Dr Busker and my wife. But don't scratch me off the list completely, miracles have been known to happen and I may be able to attend for part of the day, transport willing :roll:

hmm we will have to see about this one. a quick check of the trainline.com is telling me about 70 quid a ticket. I will consider maybe driving down. I managed it for fairford for the airshow, and its not much further.

heelfan .... cheers for pm ....will def be there....11 sept..marlene likely to attend as well.....she is considering getting a pair of thigh boots!!!! :roll: if anyone is going down by train we are likely to use the 0815 paddington-weston super mare from didcot... 0855 from didcot into bristol tm @ 1000....c u all there!!!!!!!!!

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

this esp for daz but aimed at anyone considering driving down from north,drive to didcot....& get the train in easy acess off a34 (from M40etc),no hassle of trying to fight traffic aroun bristol,M32,M5 etc.... Cheap day return is £11.00.however if three or more go u can buy groupsave tickets where 3 of 4 can go for the price of 2.....if marlene def goes she will need a piece...if you & jade decide to come daz,then tag along with us & save a few quid.....what u pay on the train will easily be less then the cost of petrol for that last 65 mles there & back to bristol.... these tickets arent prebook....u can buy on the day.......just to prove to u that not all us train companies are out to rip everyone off....!!!! pm me if interested.....

this esp for daz but aimed at anyone considering driving down from north,drive to didcot....& get the train in easy acess off a34 (from M40etc),no hassle of trying to fight traffic aroun bristol,M32,M5 etc....

Cheap day return is £11.00.however if three or more go u can buy groupsave tickets where 3 of 4 can go for the price of 2.....if marlene def goes she will need a piece...if you & jade decide to come daz,then tag along with us & save a few quid.....what u pay on the train will easily be less then the cost of petrol for that last 65 mles there & back to bristol....

these tickets arent prebook....u can buy on the day.......just to prove to u that not all us train companies are out to rip everyone off....!!!!

pm me if interested.....

Actually, coming by train might not be an unpleasant idea!