Pleaser Scream 18/8234 how to correct heel aligment ?

Hello All I have purchased a pair of Scream 18/8234, but the heel on the right shoe is off-center making the shoes impossible to stand/walk in. I have tried just pull on the heel without result. I think, I need to detach the heel and then attach it in the correct position. My problem is that I don't know how to detach the heel without ruin the shoe/heel. Suggestions will be appreciated. Regards XLheel

This is very difficult to do without damaging the shoe. Is it possible to send them back for replacements? That's far safer.

However, if they are out of guarantee or this is not possible, here's how I would proceed. Take a thin cold chisel and insert it into the gap between the heel and the shoe. You may need to insert a thin screw driver to start it off. Now gently knock the chisel through the fixings with a claw or club hammer. Peel off the liner to expose the fixing heads. You may be able to cut or pull some heads with a pair of end cutting pliers.

The object is to cut the fixings without damaging the top of the sole. This may be reinforced with a metal plate and the shank fixing usually has a rivet. But, while cutting the fixings, it is still very easy to damage or tear the paperboard sole. Don't be tempted to pull the heads through. That may tear the board. try to cut everything with a sharp chisel, end-cutting pliers or a hacksaw blade.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only use top quality tools!

You'll probably find that the board will be damaged but, if necessary this can be reinforced with a thin piece of tin plate cut to shape and drilled to take the new fixings. The other point of damage may be on the heel where the chisel first went in. This can be repaired by filling and painting/covering.

The existing fixings will either be nails, metal plate with tangs or screws. If you find screws, of course unscrew them from inside. You wont be able to reuse the nails etc. The new fixings I would use are 6 Tek screws or chipboard screws fixed in drilled pilot holes. The plastic of the heel is very hard and although these screws can cut their own thread, they wont be able to deform the plastic to make rooom for their shank, hence the need for pilot holes.

Professionals use electric pncers to heat the eclipse nails up so that the plastic holding them melts allowing them to be withdrawn. The heel will then just fall away allowing one to re-attach them. Unless you have access to the kind of shoe-maker who can do this I suggest you send them back to whence they came because you will probably ruin them doing it any other way.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If I were you send it back for an exchange if possable .

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I've managed to do quite a few heel detachments and refix the heel successfuly. Usually it was because I wanted change the heel. However, it is easy to ruin a shoe like this so proceed with caution.

• 6 years later...

This week's award for reviving the oldest thread goes to... In all seriousness Steve I suggest that he may have sorted the problem one way or the other over the last 7 years or so! lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Maybe a modified soldering iron with a blunt tip applied to the nails will soften the plastic enough

might work but be very carefull not to burn yourself in the confined space of a shoe !!!

if you not are the last i think is impossible