Are You Stuck In High Heels?

Anita C.

Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?

How long did that take you? My DH loves to see me in heels, so I wear them as much as practical, and I enjoy wearing them.

This is not a binary thing, it happens slowly over time and is certainly on an individual time-scale.

It starts when you notice that you get some pain when wearing flats for about an hour.

The body adapts to the new usual positions and loses the adaptation for the now unusal ones over time.

• Like 1

How long did that take you? My DH loves to see me in heels, so I wear them as much as practical, and I enjoy wearing them.

I'm not sure how long it took before I found that I'd gone off flats altogether. It's not something I intended to do or even gave any thought to. It happened quite gradually but I dare say it wouldn't if you had intent to get stuck in heels which I would have avoided if I'd been aware.

• 2 years later...

For me I try to do a lot of stretching of my calf muscles, which often helps. However the toe box area is too narrow for my toes and a lot of times that area still gives me pain even when sitting.

• 2 months later...

Not really! Although I love wearing high heels and I wear them most of the times, i also like dressing down sometimes and just go for some ballerinas. I don't know, I feel they just give me more freedom and I like the idea of being "flexible"  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after almost 20 years of constant heels I can say I am permantly heeled. Cannot remember the last time my heels touched the ground and cannot even get into any normal pair of runners if i tried.  Still love them but wonder what kind of old lady I will be wobbling around in my heels with my walker

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I would not say stuck but as to prefer heels. As i love to be in 4"-5" heels and higher if a platform. I just feel sexy and confident at 5'6" wearing heels, as i do on a daily basis with mu office attire. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jessika, You're really pulling up some old posts. I'll have to go digging for some as well. Anyhow, I don't consider myself stuck in high heels because I can go bare-foot but only for about 20 minutes at a time, which I don't do very often. After about 20 minutes my Achilles, arches, and calves start cramping up. As I've stated before it wouldn't really matter if I was permanently stuck in high heels because I'm only 4'10" and have been wearing heels daily since I was 13. I really have no intention of every going back to flats. Yes, I'll be that 73 year old lady who is very vain and you see walking around the mall in high heels. Probably very slowly by that point! :fine:

• Like 5

• 5 months later...