Are You Stuck In High Heels?

Anita C.

Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?

I get asked this a lot. How many ladies have accepted that they are stuck wearing 'Heels? I confess I AM! I can only do flats for about 20 minutes . . . tops, before I have problems! Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I love high heels and will always wear them when possible. I have been wearing heels for years starting with dance and tap classes. We had to stretch and loosen up before every class or performance. I currently wear 4 inch heels comfortably (I want to move to 5 inch heels) just as comfortably as if I were wearing an aerobic trainer. Have you considered stretching exercises to loosen up your calves and achilles tendon? I would just die if I had to do aerobics in 4 inch heels.

Some members seem fascinated and even turned on by the notion of "Permanent" high heeled ladies, probably through fetishy or masochistic tendancies. Personally, much as I love everything about high heels (as born out by my Story), I find it very sad that some women are stuck in high heels and can no longer do many of the healthy, fun things and activities which nature designed and equipped us for. Also donning my ultra high heels still gives me the same thrill (at the age of 59) as it did when I first inserted my foot into a high heeled shoe as a young schoolgirl. I am quite convinced that I would not get this daily thrill of going from flat to ultra-high if I were stuck in ultra-high heels all the time! Therefore, I have always been most particular to spend part of every single day walking around in flatties or bare feet, and in doing tendon and calf stretching exercises as outlined in my Story - Instalment Nos. 23, 24 and 24a. Also it is not only possible to use these exercises to prevent becoming "Pemanent". but also to re-stretch shortened tendons and to "Come down" again to flat shoes, or at least to much lower ones. Of course, achieving the latter does not prevent you from wearing ultra high heels whenever appropriate. Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Lucy, I couldn't have put it better. I voted 'yes' because mentally I am stuck in heels and always wear them whenever I need to look smart or even 'smartly casual'. I also love long walks in the country or the coast, and then I wear hiking boots or shoes. It is true that, because of my years of heels, I need some support, but most good hiking footwear seems to have a bit of a heel anyway. Even so, after a walk, especially if there is a lot of steep uphill, my calf muscle let me know of their presence! I simply can't be in anything flat or nearly flat for any length of time - even the mules I wear around the house have 21/2" heels and if in bare feet I usually walk on my toes. From my postings elsewhere it's no secret that I want to go ever higher, and now that I'm wearing 61/2" sometimes my 51/2" do seem amazingly low! But Lucy, you are so right, by making sure of some variety in heel height I can still get that thrill that can be had from putting on even 5" heels. Added to that, when you look in the mirror you can see how whatever outfit you are wearing is transformed by the heels into something special. Love, Anne Louise

Hello, Rob, and thank you. I think heel-height often depends on shoe size, so for me, size 8 U.K., the heels are just a fraction over 61/2". They are black patent, and are similar, if not the same as, the ones Vivienne is wearing in one of her pictures. Mine were mail-order from Bananashoes. With the warm weather I'm not wearing courts so much, but I put them on sometimes anyway, and we are due for some rainy weather soon, so I shall be wearing them again! Then it's 7" as soon as I can get some! Rather than going over old ground here, you can PM if you want more information. Anne Louise

• 2 weeks later...

I think its quite sad if someone wears heels so frequently that they can't walk flat footed without discomfort. Think of all the things you can't enjoy anymore, for example: walking bare foot across a sandy beach as the sun sets, going out on a nice day for a ramble in the country - its just not the same wearing stilettos :roll: I just can't see why anybody would want to be 'stuck' in heels - I suppose its because its a hard-core fetish thing. Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Earlier this week, I had occasion to look up some pictures of Bettie Page, the famous high heel wearer of the 1950s, to illustrate my Story (see under the "Stories on a Heely Theme" Forum below). Whilst looking through them, I found this one which appears to suggest that Bettie herself might have become "Permanent"!:

Posted Image

Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Hi Emma! I only wrote that the photo appeared to suggested that Bettie "Might" have become permanent, meaning equally well that she might not. In my Story to which I referred (see below on the forum "Stories on a Heely Theme"), in Chapter 48 I had actually already mentioned that Bettie Page was reputedly not very good at walking in her mega heels, despite constantly modelling in them. Theoretically, I cannot see why it is not possible that someone like Bettie, whilst maybe not a good walker in heels, could still wear them to sufficient extent to become "permanent". Love, Lucy

Hi Everyone! I quote an excerpt from Candice's current posting on Jenny's Forum: "We both still wear more classic 5" stiletto heels to work. We were actually laughing about that the other day over lunch. As you know, current shoe fashions are getting quite nice again. While Liz and I prefer more classic heels, the styles of typically 4" stiletto heels with very long pointed toes are still very pretty. What made us laugh was the number of young women in our firms that have begun to wear high heels and are doing so as if they have discovered something new. By the way, Liz and I are still very fit at 39+ (laughing). We both run 5 kilometers every morning before work and this weekend we are going to be running a 10K marathon for charity. That's why we wonder about these women who claim to be locked in high heels; it has never happened to us." Candice is about 50 and her Story (see "Candice's Story" in "Stories on a Heely Theme") tells us that she has worn 5" heels (and over) all her adult life. And yet, like me, she believes in exercising in flatties and barefeet and sees no need at all to become "permanent" if you don't want to. I agree with her that is is unnecessary to claim to be trapped in high heels. You simply have to follow the guidelines and exercises of my Story - Chapters 23, 24, 24a and 24b. Love, Lucy

• 3 years later...

Hi all. The comments are very interesting and although I wear 5" and 5.5” where possible and most of the time, I do try to rotate to lower or flatties some times, this rotation keeps my calf’s etc supple and takes the pain off when bare footed, I have to agree with Lucy slipping back into high's again after flats always gives me a tremendous frill emphasised by the change in heights, but I think my comment would be to use a range of heights and this will allow (in my experience) you to use the right shoe for the job (like hiking boots for walking etc). But at the end of the day always slip back into your high heels to keep that glamour and frill which they give. Sarah G

• Like 1

I'm sort of "semi-stuck", if that makes sense, in that I can wear trainers but hard flatties become a problem after about half an hour. I have quite a high in-step anyway and I found heels alot more comfortable until I found myself wearing them all the time. I suppose its my own fault really because the minimum height is 4 - 4.5 inches but I have to say its not something I complain about as I love wearing them. Sue X

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I shower in a pair of clear plastic "stripper heels" they're 5" and they have a rubber front sole and my bf glued some rubber onto the heels so I dont slip and kill myself lol You get used to it I guess

Jen

i do the same thing, except there's no rubber on the heel, also our shower is a walk in shower made from concrete and small tiny cobbles...

lol... getting wet is nothing compare to not able to wash your feet which is a much bigger issue. I tried once and wore 6 inch heels for 72 hrs...even in shower (but a different pair of course). The water was trapped in between the shoe and feet during shower and not only it isn't cleaning my feet, it make it worse..much worse. After that 72 hr, I have to stop because my feet was smelling so bad! (And I wore 6 inch sandals by the way...not enclosed)

I feel like I'm kind of stuck in heels. I wear 3.5" to 4" heels to work everyday as I pretty much have to at my office in order to look professional. I also feel more elegant and confident. I also have some 3" casual heels that I wear at other times or at home. About the only time I don't wear heels is when I go to the gym, aerobics, and yoga classes. I get to stretch out my calves then, but I can't last very long flat footed. My calves, heels, and arches start to ache after just walking around for a little while in flats. I even wear heels to amusement parks when I have to walk a lot! I don't mind though. My feet are pretty much naturally in the high heel position and are much more comfortable in heels than flats. I get lots of compliments at work from men and women about my heels, my husband loves them, and I love them! I do like how I am able to go to the gym, aerobics, and yoga classes without heels though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

im probably half stuck.. outside of the house i dont wear anything but heels, but inside i go barefeet. if it wasnt for the fact that i find it weird to wear shoes inside a house then yes, i would be truly and completly stuck im positive. because its mentally more comfortable for me but phyically i could go either way i voted no.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll confess to, I"m "stuck" in high heels. I don't hurt. And yes it is romantic and yes it is a trill. I have got al lot of attention from everyone.

Esther

Esther do you not find it hurts when you jump out of bed suddenly to answer the phone or wait at the Airport security counter for your shoes to come through the x-ray machine or remove them in a friends house to save a softwood floor??.

Myself, I don't find it romantic, it's something that happened unawares to me while I was busy over the years enjoying wearing heels.

sure I still enjoy the public attention I get but close friends think I'm a little strange.

I like wearing high heels at my job,for clubbing,just going to the supermarket or for a walk.Everywhere... I like this sensation that i feel when i wear them and sometimes i have to answer at some people that stop me and ask me where i bought this and where I bought that. Recently,a woman stopped me and asked me how i can walk so many hours on them. :santa_hat:

• 1 month later...

I voted no, because I dont feel i'm stuck with them. I enjoy wearing them alot, and mostly do that in my free time. I wear flats a lot aswell, sport shoes, slippers and everything you can name :cool1: I always take shoes off when entering peoples homes or my own home. I like to be careful not to damage floors with my shoes, I take good care of my shoes, replacing heel tips when necessary and taking them to repairs when need. And I have no problems wearing heels for long periods, I can dance all night with them. 24hours on 5inch stilettos, no problem. running with them no problem :wave: About the airport security thing, I have few times worn really pointy stiletto heeled boots with skinny heels (lorenzi boots), usually the security guards ask me to change shoes at counter, so bring replacement shoes for that. Heh when first-time doing that, I didnt came to think about that all, that you cant wear such shoes in airplanes, because security reasons. so i had to walk to plane without wearing anything but stockings. ;)

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

Well, my feet are molded pretty well to 5-6" heels. The discomfort isn't there anymore like they use to years ago. I guess my feet has grown into them as I can walk on 6" for more than half the day comfortably. 5" heels, I can wear all day without a problem. At home, I have 6" mules that I wear constantly. Not a lot of walking around the house so it doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

• 1 month later...

I woke up this morning with really tight calves. I tried to stretch them while I took a shower, but the stretching didn't seem to really help. The pain didn't really stop until I dressed for work and put on 4" pumps. Then the pain completely went away and I didn't remember about this morning until now. I try to stretch my calves in yoga and aerobics classes, but I guess I haven't been to the gym in about a month. Work has been crazy busy! I guess I'm just amazed how quickly muscles can tighten. I've even noticed that my feet stay arched even when I go to sleep. I guess I should be careful, but it's hard to keep stretching everyday... and I really don't like flats....

Hmmm, I've never experienced any pain in my calves. But yeah, your feet arches normally after consistenly wearing high heels. I love it. It's cute and just plain sexy. I love it how the toes arch just slightly too, but not too inwards. Then it gets pretty gross.

• Like 1

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

I will admit that I am 'stuck in heels' or should I call it 'stuck loving heels'. I have always had a thing for wearing them since high school and continue today almost daily. Yes, I also admit to having gotten used to wearing them so much for periods of time such as all day for work, that I do feel 'pressure' when walking flatfoot after wearing them for so long. It's not really pain but more of a pressure, and therefore feel better in them, and 'yes' I know that I should stretch my calves out like I have read and been told before, but as usual and with everyone else, 'I am always in a hurry' and don't do it. So....'stuck in heels'?....yeah, maybe a little...

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

It will save a lot of pain if you remember to stretch now rather than later.

and 'yes' I know that I should stretch my calves out like I have read and been told before, but as usual and with everyone else, 'I am always in a hurry' and don't do it.