London (informal) meet

new_look

Yes, you would be very welcome John. If you can put up with us that is! At some of our trips it can be difficult to get a word in with everyone taliking enthusiastcally about their favourite subject.

Gee, I wonder what subject is that?? :roll:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill second that. when you can so openly talk about heels, its like coming onto here. you talk yourself away about it. Yes john you are more than welcome to come. do try and make it. I Hope your heel progression has increased since last year as we talked about. daz

daz, will do my very best to be there....will be a useful distraction from the events of the last few months........are you still on the same mobile number?

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Calling all interested Heel-Meeters! I trust that you've all read Francis' and Nigel's excellent reports on the June 04 Leicester UK Heel-Meet. I'm delighted that they all had such a great time, and I wish I could have attended myself! So with only two weeks to go, this posting is now to raise the profile of the forthcoming LONDON HEEL-MEET by bringing this thread to the top. I hope that those enthusiastic reports on the Leicester Meet will encourage some of you lurkers and waverers to join us: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

dear all, after careful negotiation am definately able to attend,may have to dissappear early evening though,is magnus on the itenary?,if not i will probably call in there on my way over to tottenham ct rd,(will arrive paddington 0930,via 0555 Plymouth-Paddington,if anyone wants to meet me there,mobile no 07905 137832)

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Thank you FGWJon for confirming that you're coming! I've added your name to the list of definite attenders. I'm interested in going to Magnus (being size 9 1/2 - to UK) , but I'll have to find out what time they open of a morning, because it might disrupt the group if we go later. I'll PM you. Calling all interested Heel-Meeters! I trust that you've all read Francis' and Nigel's excellent reports on the June 04 Leicester UK Heel-Meet. I'm delighted that they all had such a great time, and I wish I could have attended myself! So with only two weeks to go, this posting is now to raise the profile of the forthcoming LONDON HEEL-MEET by bringing this thread to the top. I hope that those enthusiastic reports on the Leicester Meet will encourage some of you lurkers and waverers to join us: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hello all.

Unfortunately I'm not coming to London on thursday 1st july.

From their website http://www.magnusshoes.com/ I see Magnus, 44 Chiltern Street is open monday to saturday, 10.00 am to 5.30 pm.

Thursdays late opening until 7.00 pm.

Just for the information.

All the best to you streetheelers.

Robert

SO people with only 2 weeks to go..... With all that said, it looks as if we are on for a good day once again. Thanks to Heelfan for helping with the organisation. It will certainly make what was to be a quiet holiday day into something a bit more special to look forward to. We have the rough timetable but no doubt we will make or full arrangements as we go round. Any people not already spoken.. please feel free to join us if you can make it. The more the merrier. daz

Hello Robert. FGWJon and Daz! ROBERT - Sorry you won't be joining us from Holland - we enjoyed your company on the Paris Heel-Meet! Thank you for the Magnus information. FGWJON - As Robert has kindly ascertained that Magnus doesn't open till 10am, there won't be time in the morning, so we'll see if we can fit it in after lunch as the group progresses along Oxford Street in that direction. DAZ - Yes, as you say, "The more the merrier". Londoners Bladerunner and Kneehighboots had both expressed previous interest in meeting up with other street-heelers, so I've just PMd them both to ask if they would like to come along. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while and been umming and ahhing about it - but I will try to come along as well (seeing as I live close to London). I never seem to be able to plan very far ahead but I could do with another excuse to wear my boots out and about!! And I'd like a pair of ankle boots! I'll keep you posted but it would be good to finally meet like-minded people! Nik

Hello Nik! Great to hear from you and to know that you'll try and make it! I trust that you've read the reports and looked at the photos of some of the previous UK Heel-Meets, and noticed how much everyone enjoys their day. It's always nice to meet a new member! We're a bunch of surprisingly straight, intelligent and friendly members and we always have a great day, interesting shoe shopping, stimulating conversation, and some enjoyable eating/drinking breaks too! I'm putting you on the above list of attenders possibly expected, and I do hope we can look forward to seeing you! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

nik, they are a good crew,all looked after me when out for the first time in town at november meet,believe me worth the effort.............

cheers for the messages - I have read the other threads and seen the pics of the other heel-meets and I will certainly do my best to be there, looks like being a good day out! (And will give me confidence to wear heels more often!) Nik

Good News! - Bladerunner has PMd me to say that he'll be attending too. Therefore I'm adding his name to the list of expected attenders in the the "Arrangements" above. ANYMORE INTERESTED? ROLL UP! ROLL UP! GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (heels not compulsory, but nice!). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

That was quick HF. Yes I'll see if I can swing a day off, should be OK as I'm still driving the company Merc (The large white one!) I'll ask the boss tonight and check out some bargain Virgins (fat chance) for the journey up to town. Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Only three days to go as I write!: ANYMORE INTERESTED? ROLL UP! ROLL UP! GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (heels not compulsory, but nice!). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes I'll defnitely be along. I've booked a virgin (train ticket!) which gets in to Euston at 11:38, so wont get to Tott Court Road until 12:00 ish. Any earlier and I would have paid an extra £25 so will meet up with you all via text message. Would definitely like to visite the big feet shops. See you on Thursday Calv

Calv

OK, Great! - With two days to go, that's about ten of us hoping to attend on Thursday - very good indeed for a mid-week dayime meeting! I suggest that you all print-out my above posting with the full arrangements and various mobile numbers on it. Then bring the sheet along it case you get lost or delayed. I look forward to seeing you all. ANYMORE INTERESTED? ROLL UP! ROLL UP! GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (heels not compulsory, but nice!). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi All Did someone call me up on June 29 about 5.00pm? I think he said his name was John, though the traffic noise was so bad I couldn't hear him properly and we never got to touch base. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was anyone here and they needed info...

Hi all Just spoken to Xaphod and we intend to do things slightly differently. Neither of us are too fussed on the Oxford St shops so this is our plan: Meeting at 12:30 in the Pizza Hut in High Street Kensington for "Eat yourself stupid" Buffet Pizza lunch (costs £6.50 ish for as much pizza as you want) and then look at Sacha, Atticus etc in South Kensington before taking a look at the big end of the market in Compton St. By then we should all have met up and can take it from there. Not too fussed on any sightseeing tours etc. So if you fancy Pizza for lunch see you at the Hut. Mobile No 0781 2105 936 but I think you have it already. See you tomorrow Calv & Xaphod

Calv

After leaving Heelfan to work his magic with organising this trip, i will do my bit with the conclusive ending. of our attenders i can announce, my good self, Heelfan, Firefox, Dr Shoe, Xa, Calv, Si, NikkiHH, FGWJON (forgive me if i have missed anyone) Unfortunately, Thighboots2, and Bladerunner were unable to join us for reasons unknown....? Have to say, i seem to be cursed on heelmeets. On previous occasions ive forgot wallets, lost tickets, and today was no exception, as the train was 20mins late, and due to a silly accident, i hurt my foot previous although i had brought some heels in a bag, didnt feel strong enough to change into them, so that made the 'heel' side of the trip rather dissapointing. Anyway on a lighter note, we met in the starbucks at Tottenham Court Rd. Moved along Oxford Street dropping into a couple of shops where Heelfan purchased a pair of patent stiletto court shoes. On the No10 bus to High Street Kensington to the famously mentioned Pizza Hut, one of Xa's fav dwelling locations, where we had a nice lunch, supplemented by the comical humour of FGWJON. (I will just add on a strange note, that some of us who traveled there by tube nearly didnt mke it, because the central line was delayed to remove the pieces of someone threw himself in front of a train. Silly Boy!!) We had a look in Dune & Shellys (Dr Shoe making a purchase) We then bid farewell to Si and Nikki HH who had to leave the group. Onto Magnus for the bigfoots where heelfan made another couple of purchases and so did FGWJON. They both purchased a pair of knee high boots witha 4in heel, with the style of a cowboy boot, quite masculine looking. Maybe one of them could provide a picture. We also visited the massively stocked :roll: Elephant Feet store on the same road, which had nothing to offer us. We then headed for Baker st station where we took a turn down the wrong steps and lost half the group. Dr Shoe then departed before the peak hour began, while myself heelfan and ffox made our way to Liverpool St to see what heels the secretaries could offer us. We had a beer and overran time a little and missed the main rush, but still got a few streetshots. We then went to a restaurant, Heelfan i believe, lost one of his bags with one of his purchases. but i had to depart early to make my train, so the extra activities of heelfan and firefox will have to be told by themselves, as will the other members of the group that we lost at baker st. Overall a good trip, nice to meet everyone once again, and nice to meet NikkiHH who we had not met before. A rather quiet but interesting chap. I hope you enjoyed it with us mate. Report complete Daz

follow up on daz's report,just one thing to say:CHEERS LADS!,sorry i could not stay for the full duration but the Magnus Cowboy boots i finally bought thanks to your encouragement are a hit with Marlene...........she confessed to liking tall men & likes me more with them on!she tried them on herself but seems to have heelfans footballers legs,she could not do them right up! Anyway have had to spend some of this evening in them,apparnetly suit me well,(female opinion),pretty impressive eh?Marlene says hi to u all & may appear at Bristol meet as a result.................again thanks for a great day.........c u @ Bristol if not B4............ :roll::)

Guys, Glad you had a good day. Very sorry not to have made it tot he meet for lunch, but work made it impossible for me to attend. :) I dig my own ditch, so to speak, and therefore if I'm not weilding the pick, nothing gets done. Hopefully next time. :roll:

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Heres my story from yesterday. I met up with Xaphod, then with the rest of the gang at the High St Kensington Pizza Hut, where we were all sitting together at one stage but some of us then had to move tables to accomodate a delayed Firefox (story of the day really, everybody delayed :D ) Once we had all filled up on salad and Pizza we bade farewell to Si and Nik and went off to Chiltern Street, the mecca for the taller and larger sizes. Several pairs changed hands in Magnus, and I must admit I found the range in Elephant Feet somewhat disappointing, although they did have a nice pair of 4" stillettos at £85. Walked back to Baker Street with FGWJon and waited for the rest of the gang to catch up...... We never did meet up again, so after bidding farewell to FGWJon Xaphod and I adjourned to the Baker Street Wetherspoons pub where it was happy hour :roll::) and with about 12 real ales on tap we decided to sit down and observe the passing traffic. After a cheap, good curry and more beer in the same pub we decided to take a trip to Selfridges and spent a pleasant hour browisng the shoes in the sale (Can see why a lot of them are in the sale!!) After this we made our separate ways back home. Nice to meet up with you all again, even if some of the meetings were somewhat short!!

Calv