London (informal) meet

new_look

I have a week off at the end of June, (Mon 28th >) and was thinking about a visit to London. I know it is fairly close in the timetable to other meets, and if people are wishing to miss this and goto the already prearranged meets, that is understandable. But if anyone fancies joining me for the day, it would be nice to meet up with the board members once again. Especially since it is looking not so hopeful for me to make it to the other arranged meets, because my holidays are booked in advance from the previous october. I know that quite a few of our board members live in or close to London, so if anyone would fancy coming along for an informal meet, please post and let me know. I know of one member who has mentioned interest already. daz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling all interested Heel-Meeters! I trust that you've all read Francis' and Nigel's excellent reports on the June 04 Leicester UK Heel-Meet. I'm delighted that they all had such a great time, and I wish I could have attended myself! So with only two weeks to go, this posting is now to raise the profile of the forthcoming LONDON HEEL-MEET by bringing this thread to the top. I hope that those enthusiastic reports on the Leicester Meet will encourage some of you lurkers and waverers to join us: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

unfortanetely yes, erase us, i can still arrive should i get the ok i was going to propose either monday 28th or wed 30th. depending if someone said they could make it one day and not another would appreciate if people could post if they are interested, because i will book my train ticket. proces raise when it gets closer to the date daz

Calling all interested Heel-Meeters! I trust that you've all read Francis' and Nigel's excellent reports on the June 04 Leicester UK Heel-Meet. I'm delighted that they all had such a great time, and I wish I could have attended myself! So with only two weeks to go, this posting is now to raise the profile of the forthcoming LONDON HEEL-MEET by bringing this thread to the top. I hope that those enthusiastic reports on the Leicester Meet will encourage some of you lurkers and waverers to join us: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan, im aware of the limited availability of people in the week. The reason i am suggesting this is because i hae two jobs, and a holiday from my bank job (which is only mon-fri) is booked for that week, not including the weekend. I suggested the early week day because one member said he may have been able to make it then, but i thought not to announce a specific date, so that people could say when they could be free. Doesnt make any difference to me, i can be free to go on any day daz

Onwards and upwards!

we are thinking of Thursday the 1st now, as a couple have said that this would be more suited to them. How would this pose with people. So far possible people interested are, Heelfan, Firefox, Xaphod (the veterans it would seem) Anyone else interested would be more than welcome, please post daz

excellent so now we have me, heelfan, xa, dr shoe and firefox. better turnout than i expected. i will book my ticket asap. sadly jade wont be joining us. she is starting a new job that week, and thought it wouldnt look so good to have the first week of it off :roll: daz

Don't know what your schedule is as no one has yet to suggest anything, BUT, should you follow a similar pattern to the Nov 6th meeting, then I will meet you for lunch as before. Work is still too hectic to allow me to go shopping :roll: but I can ALWAYS do lunch. BTW, 1st July is perfect for me. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Onwards and upwards!

thanks heelfan for your evergoing organisational support. can i request that we meet outside the entrance of the tube station, next to that HUGE building as we did on the first london meet i attended. Usually i lose people quite easily. lol, its easier on my mind if everyone is there when we arrive. Alternatively, we could meet at kings cross again. Most people seem to arrive there including me, firefox... However i dont like to be selfish to other travellers and think about my own convenience, so its upto us all. Please post preferences. PS heelfan or anyone, any suggestions for a days plan or tour, or are we just wandering.

10.30 could be too early for me because I cannot use my travelcard before 9.30 (though oddly they do seem to accept it on the bus). Say 11.00?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Calling all interested Heel-Meeters! I trust that you've all read Francis' and Nigel's excellent reports on the June 04 Leicester UK Heel-Meet. I'm delighted that they all had such a great time, and I wish I could have attended myself! So with only two weeks to go, this posting is now to raise the profile of the forthcoming LONDON HEEL-MEET by bringing this thread to the top. I hope that those enthusiastic reports on the Leicester Meet will encourage some of you lurkers and waverers to join us: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

i love your ideas, and yes, i think we should congregate either in the cafe or at the foot of the building, whatever, dont really fuss about it. Perhaps, i could meet firefox at kings cross, then we both make our way to meet the rest of the attenders. As stirred by your suggestions, i in my many visits to London have never been on the open top bus, so that would be an excellent idea. I am a budding photographer, therefore will happily select my snaps from that. If punters are eager to go on the eye too, then im easy, again photographers choice (weather permitting) Also im sure we couldnt possibly miss a heel day without a visit to some shoe shops, so im sure that will fit into our agenda somewhere :roll: **ps i have booked my ticket, and arrive at 10.25, so an 11.00 meet should be fine*** daz

i love your ideas, and yes, i think we should congregate either in the cafe or at the foot of the building, whatever, dont really fuss about it.

Perhaps, i could meet firefox at kings cross, then we both make our way to meet the rest of the attenders.

As stirred by your suggestions, i in my many visits to London have never been on the open top bus, so that would be an excellent idea. I am a budding photographer, therefore will happily select my snaps from that. If punters are eager to go on the eye too, then im easy, again photographers choice (weather permitting)

Also im sure we couldnt possibly miss a heel day without a visit to some shoe shops, so im sure that will fit into our agenda somewhere :roll:

**ps i have booked my ticket, and arrive at 10.25, so an 11.00 meet should be fine***

daz

Now I'm certainly up for that!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

glad to hear it john. wil lbe nice to see you again as the others. looks like the date + time is ok for everyone, we now need to know if simon can make central Loncon for a dinner meet up again. any news heelfan?

With a month to go now until THURSDAY 1st JULY, Here's the plan as updated 2/6/04: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I spoke to Ruth and anyone who would like to are welcome to come back for a post-meet beer and pizza like before.

Hi Daz, Thanks for your PM, yes it would be good to put a face to the name and meet you. sorry I have taken my time in replying but I have not had a PC that works for two weeks ( two PCs both as useful as a chocolate teapot) still, back on line now, but the damn thing has hung on me twice whilst writing this! weekdays are not the best for me so I doubt that I will see you on this meeting, bit of a shame really as I am going to the Hayway meeting and was looking forward to meeting you then. I have some time off in July, but I am having my break 2 weeks later. I am sure we will catch up sometime. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Guys, I'm watching the thread to see what pans out. I can certainly hop onto the tube to catchup with you once the schedule is set for the day, so just keep on planning and when the dust settles, so to speak, I will know when and where and lunch can be done :drinking: etc. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

With a month to go now until THURSDAY 1st JULY, Here's the plan as updated 2/6/04: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan _________________

Onwards and upwards!

I shall pass on the London Tourist Bus and Millenium Eye activities and probably go off to see an Art Gallery or more shopping. Having seen the sights of London about 300 million times, I've no wish to do so again at tourist rip off rates :roll: However, I'll join you later on at Dr Shoe's or wherever you get to, having carefully planned my route via Liverpool Street at commuter going home time!

With a month to go now until THURSDAY 1st JULY, Here's the plan as updated 2/6/04: THURSDAY 1st JULY 2004 - LONDON HEEL-MEET: 10.30 - 11.15am - WE CONGREGATE IN STARBUCK'S UPSTAIRS COFFEE ROOM (North side of New Oxford St. opposite the Centrepoint office tower, 40 yards from Tottenham Court Rd. Tube Station) 11.15ish - WE MOVE OFF WESTWARDS AND "DO" OXFORD ST. SHOE SHOPS (or any other nearby shops that attenders suggest). 1pm - LUNCH AT WHATEVER SPOT WE HAVE REACHED. Thighboots2 hopes to join us, and will be guided-in if he rings my mobile (below). 2.30pm ONWARDS - OPTIONALLY SIGHTSEEING BUS?/THE LONDON EYE?/ART GALLERY?/JUST SHOOIE THINGS? as per majority group decision. 5.30ish DR. SHOE AND RUTH'S FLAT IN HACKNEY FOR PIZZAS AND BEER at their kind invitation. MID-EVENING - RAYMOND'S REVIEW BAR, Walker's Court for a great show with super high heels. Firefox and I (and about 16 enthusiastic Japanese) were knocked out with their Winter show!!!! IF LOST OR DELAYED, RING MY MOBILE 07966 450583 or DAZ'S MOBILE 07834 327100 (Firefox also hopes to make it and his mobile is 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (whether in heels or not). Come and join us for a helluva fun day! If You intend to come, please add your posting to the bottom of this thread. EXPECTED ATTENDERS: So far, we seem to be expecting Daz, Firefox, Me (Heelfan), Xaphod (and Calv?), Dr. Shoe (& Ruth?), Si, Bladerunner and FGWJon. Thighboots2 is joining us for lunch only. "Possibles" include NikkiHH. ANY DELETIONS OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIST? If so, please post here soon as poss., to assist us in knowing when the gathering is complete on the day. I suggest printing-off and bringing with you a sheet bearing this posting of the full arrangements and mobile phone numbers (and your own mobiles where possessed) to avoid mix-ups on the day. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Anyone attending our place should not forget to bring a pair of unmentionables to change on the bus.

hi daz, thurs i july,i would like to attend if you can all put up with me again,unfortunately i am rostered "GPR" that week so will not know for definate if i can make it until W/C 20 June jc

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Yes, you would be very welcome John. If you can put up with us that is! At some of our trips it can be difficult to get a word in with everyone taliking enthusiastcally about their favourite subject.