6"ers!

"I GOT 'em!" :D Samahtha shreiked as she streaked into my house one day. "They're HERE! My 6" Stilettos have arrived!" :D "Well, let's have a look." She opened the box and from the packing extracted a pair of EXQUISITE 6" Stiletto pumps. She took off her 5"ers, wriggled into her new shoes and slowly stood up. "Oh, my!" "Yes . . .?" "These are going to take a bit of practice." she said as she took her first small steps, working to keep her posture erect and her knees straight. "I can do this!" she mater of factly stated, gaining confidence with each step. "I LOVE these! Quick! Go get a pair of your 6"ers out!" she excitedly requested. I went into my bedroom and fetched a pair of towering 6" Dark Red Patents that went with my dress. I slipped them on and returned to the living room. "Ok. Now what?" "I've never worn anything this high! They feel amazing! Let's go out to lunch in our new shoes so I can get some break in time!" she said. We went out to her car and went to a nearby soup & salad place. I was somewhat used to 6"ers and was doing ok. Samantha was moving cautiously, trying to keep her knes and back straight. Clik-clik-clik-clik-clik-clik. We went into the resteraunt and found a table. I sat down gently and Samantha sort of plopped down, legs slightly askew. "Ok now, remember you cannot take them off if you're going to get used to them!" I chided her. She looked over at me and nodded in agreement. She straightened herself and crossed her legs at the knee banging the table bottom due to the additional inch she was now sporting. We ordered and she sat there still fascinated by the new stilettos. "I'm getting used to them. I'm glad I wore my 5"ers earlier. That made the transition a bit easier." "Uh-huh." I responded. We finished lunch and Samantha was obviously in a bit of pain. We clik-clik-clik'ed our way back to the car. As we got in I noticed she was going to slip her shoes off. "Ah-ah-ah! You have to keep them on until we get home!" Samantha dejectedly slipped her heels back into her new stilettos. Pulling into the garage we went into the house and Samantha took off her 6"ers and slipped on her 5"ers. I remained in the 6"ers and went out and fetched the mail and then went out back on the deck to smoke. Samantha joined me. To my surprise she was wearing the 6" Stilettos again! "Y'know, I slipped into the 5" Stilettos thinking I was ready for a break. They felt so . . . disappointing." "You're preaching to the chior, girl" I said taking a long drag from my cigarette and rocking in my unremoved 6" Red Patents. Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Hi Anita! It's been so cheering to read your story of you and Samantha wearing your six-inchers and swapping notes and sensations. It reminds me so much of me and Velma and Madeline! I know exactly what you mean about the increase in the heel height forcing your knees up to hit the underside of the table! That happens to me such a lot! I try not to take my high heels off in restaurants (a bit unsavoury for the other guests?) but I find myself leaning both heels inwards to lessen the height and avoid the knee bruises! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

You two are my inspiration!! I can handle 5" heels for hours, but cannot navigate 6" with any grace. guess I'll practice more.

Any day that you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

• 2 years later...

"I GOT 'em!" :wink: Samahtha shreiked as she streaked into my house one day.

"They're HERE! My 6" Stilettos have arrived!" :D

"Well, let's have a look."

She opened the box and from the packing extracted a pair of EXQUISITE 6" Stiletto pumps. She took off her 5"ers, wriggled into her new shoes and slowly stood up.

"Oh, my!"

"Yes . . .?"

"These are going to take a bit of practice." she said as she took her first small steps, working to keep her posture erect and her knees straight.

"I can do this!" she mater of factly stated, gaining confidence with each step.

"I LOVE these! Quick! Go get a pair of your 6"ers out!" she excitedly requested.

I went into my bedroom and fetched a pair of towering 6" Dark Red Patents that went with my dress. I slipped them on and returned to the living room.

"Ok. Now what?"

"I've never worn anything this high! They feel amazing! Let's go out to lunch in our new shoes so I can get some break in time!" she said.

We went out to her car and went to a nearby soup & salad place.

I was somewhat used to 6"ers and was doing ok. Samantha was moving cautiously, trying to keep her knes and back straight.

Clik-clik-clik-clik-clik-clik.

We went into the resteraunt and found a table. I sat down gently and Samantha sort of plopped down, legs slightly askew.

"Ok now, remember you cannot take them off if you're going to get used to them!" I chided her.

She looked over at me and nodded in agreement. She straightened herself and crossed her legs at the knee banging the table bottom due to the additional inch she was now sporting.

We ordered and she sat there still fascinated by the new stilettos.

"I'm getting used to them. I'm glad I wore my 5"ers earlier. That made the transition a bit easier."

"Uh-huh." I responded.

We finished lunch and Samantha was obviously in a bit of pain. We clik-clik-clik'ed our way back to the car. As we got in I noticed she was going to slip her shoes off. "Ah-ah-ah! You have to keep them on until we get home!" Samantha dejectedly slipped her heels back into her new stilettos.

Pulling into the garage we went into the house and Samantha took off her 6"ers and slipped on her 5"ers.

I remained in the 6"ers and went out and fetched the mail and then went out back on the deck to smoke. Samantha joined me. To my surprise she was wearing the 6" Stilettos again!

"Y'know, I slipped into the 5" Stilettos thinking I was ready for a break. They felt so . . . disappointing."

"You're preaching to the chior, girl" I said taking a long drag from my cigarette and rocking in my unremoved 6" Red Patents.

Ciao!

Anita C.

I wish!!!!!!!!

Muddypaws:lifesaver: