Where have the Delphi forums gone?

Calv

I have lost the URL to the delphi forums, after it changed recently. Google doesn't come up with the goods either. Can anybody post the current one please. Thanks a bunch.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

From a message I got from them, it seems that they are considering making users pay for the facility. It seems they don't make enough money from advertisements. People don't bother to click on sponsors' add. Who ever do that, anyway. I'm afraid there 's gonna be less and less room for freebies on the net. It seems to be the trend. Vanessa

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to block Delphi and desubscribe from it. They continually spam me with various requests for money. Their latest scam was to offer "fixed cost" lifetime membership for $3.95 a month. Underneath in the small print it said that they reserved the right to inrease the amount by the rate of inflation every two years. Hardly fixed! Also the posting ability for basic non-pay members has been slashed. You can't post HTML or pictures or do anything other than "Basic view", It's not worth visiting with limitations like that when we have here and the other board. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-05 02:15 ]</font>

YICK! Delphi and those like it are about to lose a lot of loyal posters since now they wanna get money-hungry. Guess it's the way o' the world.....

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It's simply the way economy works.. For a company's right of existance, it must make profit. That profit must come from somewhere, if not from the advertisers or other companies, it must come from the users. This has been happening for a lot of free services on the net for the past year or two. I'm already thinking what our fee is gone be in the future.. Hmmmm, maybe a pair of nice stilettos for a one year subscribtion. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler