Post a picture of yourself here

Does anyone know whether "theforumisdown" is still working?? I've got a few pics that I was trying to upload - to post them here of course! - but theforum.. just seemed to hang during the upload process. Or am I being impatient and not waiting long enough??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, thanks for the feedback, glad you liked the shoes. As to where they came from ... from what I can remember; Pic 1 : ankle boots, look like lace-up front, but actually have side zip. Bought from a UK retailer "Sacha" some years ago. Price ... probably £50-£60. My wife wanted some when she saw them, but the shop had stopped selling them Pic 2 : "Tina" from Faith. Wonderful shoes. My wife actually does have a pair of these (and wears them often). Faith were selling them again a year or two ago, in sizes up to 10 (!), cost around £40. Haven't seen them there in a while though :smile: Pic 3 : My Oxfords. First pair that I ever tried on in a shop, although it was a "fetish" shop so I guess that's a slight cheat. Came from "Ritual" in London. Shop now gone :smile: but you can get similar from loads of web sites. Pic 4 : Lace up (no zips!) boots. Bought from Skin2 shop (London) a few years ago again. Really comfortable, though a pain to get on & off because of all the laces! These are all of heels that I've had a while. I'll post some more recent pics if you like ....

And for spike_metal

Posted Image

Bought from a shop in Montreal (when it was snowing of course!). These were over 5". I say "were" because I don't have these any more - decided they were too high for general wear.

Now, where did I put that digital camera ...

That's you, Trolldeg? Totally unlike any image I had of you, but that is NOT a bad thing! Cool pic...looking forward to seeing more of you! To Heelson: Those are awesome heels, especially the oxfords and the knee-high boots! Keep it up! All together now...with FEELING! WALLS DOWN! HEELS UP! ***WHACK!*** There goes ANOTHER chunk o' that wall!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-05-20 16:09, Trolldeg wrote:

first wierdo pic coming up! :smile:

I'm the one in the middle wearing black.

Don't have any with me in heels, but I'm working on it. :/

Nice picture Trolldeg.

Just curious, who are the cute girls sitting next to you? And do they have any type of shoe fetish? Like are they into high heels or anything? Do they know about yours?

Anyway, I’ll have to try to find a picture of me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-05-21 23:20 ]</font>

Just curious, who are the cute girls sitting next to you? And do they have any type of shoe fetish? Like are they into high heels or anything? Do they know about yours?

those girls are my classmates. nope, they're not into shoes very much, but when they get a bit drunk they have a fun time trying to walk in my heels... :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

You would post my favorite pic! :smile: :smile: :wink: I think that look is WAY cool! Again...welcome to the boards, and the party that NEVER ends!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

First time I have EVER seen a man in a dress that looked good, even dare I say it , manly, sort of like you'd expect one of the Visigoths riding down on your villiage to pillage and burn, to look. Heck, it might even turn Laurie's head! (at least I don't think that anybody would DARE say anything negative in your presence!) _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-31 09:55 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

On 2002-05-31 09:49, azraelle wrote:

First time I have EVER seen a man in a dress that looked good, even dare I say it , manly, sort of like you'd expect one of the Visigoths riding down on your villiage to pillage and burn, to look. Heck, it might even turn Laurie's head!

(at least I don't think that anybody would DARE say anything negative in your presence!)

on 2002-05-31 09:55 ]</font>

Thank you. There are a few ironic things about this photo, though. The first is that this (the Visigoth image) is how I am often perceived irrespective of what I'm wearing. The second is that it's not at all how I feel about my spirit. For that take a lot at this:

Posted Image

These days I dress much more femme than the black skirt/shirt photo.

--chris

Hey Trolldeg, Looks like another guy into the great color black! Like you and Firefox, I tend to wear black most of the time too. Enough so that people I know make a comment if I don't wear it! I also like the company you keep! -------- "Oh yes dear, I'll be off this damned computer in just a couple of minutes......." How did she know?!!!!!! The wife has a sixth sense ......................:smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I must be missing something here... Apparently one must be "PC" here as well? What is the difference between speaking one's mind if it is a positive reaction to a photo, and doing the same thing if it is a negative reaction? Are we only allowed an opinion if it is complimentary? If so, then George Orwell's "1984" is upon us--"I have seen the future and it is us!"

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

the reason that this topic has turned slightly is due to the fact that some people are looking for acceptance for wearing skirts just as most of us are striving for the same with high heel wearing. Both of us are niches, but to try and condemn skirt wearers is basically showing the same type of comtempt that we are trying to dispel as heel wearers recieving similar treatment from others. We all have different tastes and things that appeal to us. Don't have a go at someone who wants to be different, for the reality is, you are having a go at yourself for the same reasons. If you have something negative to say, then fine, but at the same time, at least have something complimentary to say, even if it's to say that you admire them for having the guts to do it. Judging people by your own standards is the worst type of hypocracy there is. I hate to be the one that does the 'jumping on from a great height', but if you don't abide by someone's wishes or way of life then what hope have we as a whole? Skirt wearing is mentioned in other places on this forum and really should be moved there, but as I see it, Chris was introducing himself and is, therefore, welcome. I liked the look in the first photo, however, the second looked a little too much 'little house on the prairie' for me. Chris, don't feel offended. The look wouldn't do me justice :smile: The upshot is, to be happy with who you are whether you wear a skirt with your heels or not. What's good for one is not necessarily good for another, but each to their own. Such is the case with individuality. Chris, enjoy your visits to the forum, I hope you have much to add to our community. Don't be riled by those that are not quite as enlightened as others, I'm sure they will get there in time and realise the errors they have made.

Personally, I think that here, just like any other public forum, we should strive to be polite, even when disagreeing. I don't feel that rudeness is justified, even under the guise of 'getting one's point across'. So, I think if you like a picture, then say so, and if you don't, then say so, but in both cases, say so politely.

Politeness costs nothing, and makes the world more pleasant. As for the topic (Bah! Topics! :smile:) , well, I wouldn't feel right dressed like Chris Grevstad, but I'm glad that he's found what they're comfortable with.

So, let's try and support one another, rather than disintegrate into random abuse. Personally, I find that almost everyone has some kind of valid point, and people's disagreements are as valid as their agreements.

%insightful_comment%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yamyam on 2002-06-04 23:36 ]</font>

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Skirts. Even if you completely remove social acceptance from the equation, skirts inhibit your options.For example, have you ever tried to climb a ladder in one?

A Mormon bishop with whom I was aquainted in college the first time around (~1977), being the macho ex-marine officer that he was, told his wife that he wanted her to only wear skirts and dress shoes from that moment on so that his family could project the "proper" look of masculine/feminine role models for the congregation. She being smarter than he, complied, knowing that it wouldn't take long for him to see the error in his thinking. They were at that time involved in adding a room to their house, and he needed her to get up on a stepladder to help hold the drywall/sheetrock/plasterboard panel up so he could nail it to the ceiling beams. She did. He turned beet red and said "Well, ah, I think that maybe you ought to go back to wearing pants and tennis shoes, at least around the house.." "OK"! And that was that.

There is just so much more you can do in pants, or shorts, decently at least, than you can in a skirt, so why would you want to wear one (men at least) if you don't have to (unless "passing" is your thing)?

Some women look better in them, some don't.

(Thread cleaned on 7th June to remove any posts that don't relate to posted photos and immediate comments.

We wont generally do this, but in a thread like this one, many new people will come to see pictures of board members, and might get confused or fed up with other discussion.

Sorry if your post got deleted. I'm leaving this here for a bit to explain to people. No need to reply)

<font size=1> Posted Image

Click For Freestyle Fashions </font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-06-07 21:44 ]</font>

Great shose. I really like the style. Toes are a little more pointed that I like, but then, that's a minor point. Congratulations on your taste. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.