Boots . . .

I have a pair of black patent, lace up (NO zipper), 5" Stiletto heeled knee-high boots. I love 'em! One day I decided to wear them into work. I'd be in the office all day and could change them with the 5.5" pumps I have in my drawer so it'd be ok. I arrived at the office a bit before 9:00 and dove immediately into the awaiting work. Around 10:30 I decided to put on my pumps because the boots were getting a bit warm. I opened my drawer and to my horror my back-up pumps were GONE! :D Then I remembered I had taken them down to the shoe repairman for new heel tips. :D So there I was with my only footwear being the boots. I called the repair shop and they said that, no, they weren't done. They were out of the steel tips and couldn't get any more untill tomorrow. I stared at the lovely heels of my boots when I was hanging up the phone and thought about the ordeal of removing them & the accompanying odor and decided against THAT! I would just tough it out. So I went back to work with my feet laced tightly into those boots and the incline of the arch reminding me every minute that, yes, they were still there and, no, I really couldn't remove them because I had a meeting with a client and bare foot was a no-no. The meeting started at 1:00 . . . I looked at my watch and the hours drug by. We finished at 4:30 and my feet were letting me know that they WERE'NT happy! I clik-clik-cliked my way back to my desk and while initially in agony the walking seemed to help. I called the repair shop again . . . no, my pumps weren't ready. I looked down at my boots again and chuckled to myself "Well girl, you did it to yourself this time.". I watched the clock in the office slowly . . . 4:40 . . . 4:43 . . . 4:46 . . . 4:48 . . . 4:51 . . . 4:52 . . . 4:54 . . . 4:56 . . . 4:57 . . . 4:58 . . . 4:59 "Uh, Anita could you come here for a minute? We need some clarification.". A A R R G G ! I finally left at 5:30 and was standing for the majority of that duration of time. I carefully and slowly went down to my car thinking I could remove these torture chambers once there. Uh, well . . . no. I remembered that they were cracking down on seatbelt violations and could write you for anything else they fealt like and driving barefoot was against the law. I gently backed my car out of my space and placed the pointed toe of the boot gently upon the accelerator. Out on the street it seemed like every time I looked in my rearview there was a police car. I made it home and closed the garage door. I gathered up my purse and breifcase and gingerly clik-clik-cliked my way into the house. I sat my purse and breifcase on the dinning room table and went over to the recliner to finally take my boots OFF! As I unlaced them I wondered what my foot was going to look like. Oh, my . . . OH, MY! Houston? We have a problem! I unlaced the right boot, then the left. . . I removed my right foot from the boot and then the left. PHEW! O-Mi-Gawd my poor feet looked like the tip of a spear. My toes were all jammed together in the perfect shape of the pointed toebox of those boots and VERY RED! I just sat there for awhile. I got up to go to the kitchen and my feet were not working well. My achilles tendons were so-o-o-o tight and my feet wouldn't respond. I saw a pair of 5.5" Stilettos resting where I left them last night when I got in. I s l o w l y walked over to them and slipped my feet into the Stilettos . . . Ahhhhh . . . now that's better! uh-oh . . . I thought to myself that maybe I HAD become trapped in High Stilettos . . . :D N A H ! I could walk again. The phone rang. My shoes were ready . . . Is there a 12 step program for people like me? :wink::lol::D If so, I hope they let me wear my Stilettos to the meetings! Ciao, Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Just to clarify.. for relief from the 5" boots you switch to 5.5" pumps? I'm guessing the shape of the arch in the pumps supports your foot better then the boots do. Interesting story though, Thanks for sharing :D Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Yes, the 5.5" Stiletto Pumps fealt better. Probably because there was no pressure on my instep. The boots were steamrooms. Because they lace they are, shall we say, a bit of a chore to get on & off even though I speed-lace them (a trick I learned from my military reserves days)! There are still 24 sets of eyes to contend with. This complitaced with my L O N G fingernails and you see what I mean. :D I love the feeling of the tightly-laced stem clinging to my calf, too! I DO love wearing them and there was a little bitty part of me that enjoyed the experience . . . Thank GOD I was wearing stockings and garters that day. Otherwise going to the restroom would have been quite the adventure! :D I wore 'em today BUT the difference was I had my spare pumps in my desk drawer. :D Ciao, Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I recently got snagged in a speed trap, and in my annoyance I forgot I had a pair of 9" heel ballet boots sitting open in between the seats of my van. Ooops.. Although, the officer dropped the ticket from 22 over to 9 over *woohoo* She never mentioned anything though. I have heard that it may be illegal to drive barefoot in FL.. not sure why though. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Anita C:-) Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men, (and women in spike heel lace-up patent boots), don't always go as planned. Fate has its way of sometimes raising it's ugly head. I know years ago when my wife wore knee-high boots to work, everything was fine until she took them off and the challenge even then was how to keep them smelling fresh after being in them all day. Talk about intense! We used to spray deoderant into them until they would dry out and be usable again. That's a great story you wrote and very true and I could certainly relate to it as it happened in our household many times. Enjoyed the story very much and thanks for relating it to us. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

howdy-dew and great story anita although your li'l puppies yelped a storm once home with leashes undone. can imagine you were biggest thrill at office that day especially if fully exposed with knee length or higher skirt. wear them under pants or jeans also for that sexy/kinky feel underneath while still having to look professional, or even with capris (or whatever name is for the sorta 3/4 leg length style)?? take care and continue the enjoyment of wearing them however you darn well please. :D

Boots Rock!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Let me just say: OW. See, I can sympathize: Though Anita informed me she had her bunions repaired long ago, I still have a small bunion (yes I'm going to get tired of talking about that thing eventually) and I know what it's like to see your toe arc in just a TEENSY bit further after wearing tapered-toe shoes all day long. And then you're all like, "Oh God, I hope it doesn't stay like that." Needless to say, if I ever got some sexy boots like that, I'd get them in at least one size too big, put shock absorbing gel pads in the footbed by the ball of the foot, and not get them in polyurethane/rubber/leatherette/whatever. Were yours leather, Anita? I much prefer leather, even though it's so much more expensive, because I've spent many a day in knee-high leather boots that would have been unbearable in synthetics. Leather seems to breathe more, for me. It tends to minimize the "nuclear meltdown foot factor" at the end of the day when you take those things off and are assaulted with the heat and sweat of having your legs clamped in all day :D Love boots. Love, love, love boots!

• 4 weeks later...

AnitaC & Tabasco Tesa--- Listen. I have a very funny story to tell you all of a heely nature. This just happened last month & I am still laughing to myself when I think of it - of course it is about Dawn & his high heeled boots! Sometimes when he is off during the week from his part time job, we trot (street-heel as he likes to refer to it) over to our local movie theater. So anyway this was one of those nites - he has been wearing his boots out in public now for a while (mall, food shopping, movies etc.). We enjoyed ourselves & the movie & of course after all the popcorn & soda, mother nature was calling us. Like most couples we take turns going to the restrooms so we can hold our things for each other, like purse, left over popcorn or whatever. Now I was hanging out in the lobby waiting for him to find me & not paying attention to anyone in particular when out comes my beloved thru the crowd towards me (looking quite nice in a rather new pair of 3 1/2" black leather knee highs) trailing toilet paper behind him!. Neither one of us was aware of his situation till a woman tapped him on the shoulder & politely informed him of his problem. He thought he had been "made". Well, if you could of seen his expression, it was classic - we both looked down & sure enough there was his white "train" sticking out from his boots. Well after gathering ourselves together & thanking the kind woman for the announcement, I took my cane & placing it on the paper told him to step away & leaving the lobby with a little more litter than usual. Both of us were trying to get out of there as fast as we could, trying to control his embarrassment & my laughter & still maintain some dignity was beyond belief. Dawn to this day doesn't remember thanking our bearer of good news or how we got out of there. Tootles--- Mickey68

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry,

Anita C. never existed.

She was the alter ego of a male member here, who also left, but has been reincarnated.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Oh for feck's sake, another female member turns out to be a guy? it was bad enough with Lucy turning out to be a bloke living out a fantasy, now I find out that Anita was too. We have a TV section for a reason! :smile: Chris

Sorry,

Anita C. never existed.

She was the alter ego of a male member here, who also left, but has been reincarnated.

Actually a few of us knew this. We are able to view IP addresses and when a guy posts about how lonely he is and then a "female" posts out of the same address then we tend to get suspicious...

Unfortunately the world is full of sad wannabe fantasists who feed on other peoples' trust and naivite. If someone posts a story which is largely unbelievable my advice is not to encourage them.

BTW, Lucy was a deliberate prank by somebody who is well noted for his sense of humour and was never intended to cause offence which is why he came clean. There are others who have done the same with the intention to deceive including a former moderator who has now been banned.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It was also obvious to some of us that Anita C wasn't a real woman. Never could decide if Anita was just a man playing the part of a woman, a cross dresser or a transgendered person. However a few of us figured she wasn't real. That being said, I, for one, enjoyed the stories and comments Anita posted regardless of who or what Anita was. They were fun. And, they served to entertain us -- which is part of this forum's mission, isn't it? As for Lucy, I sure wish that guy would resume writing her stories. Like Anita's they were very entertaining. Fiction or fact, I enjoyed reading them and wasn't really surprised to learn they weren't real. :smile: In the final analysis, it's like Sasha from Adelaide used to say: This is the Internet. Anyone can be anything they want to be. After all, it's only entertainment.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.