Epic "FAIL" -----

Heelster

Friend of mine contacted me and said he had tickets for a live production of Rocky Horror - - - - Now who could pass that up.

Since i had to make the run anyways, I took him up on the offer. Four hours later, I'm in the parking lot dressed to the nines in fishnets and a killer set of heels. CAT and TBG would have been proud. 

We were walking down the street about a block to an eatery - passed a dive looking market when the ultimate fail happens - - complete blowout of the side of the shoe - - - I go down, road rash the knee - - - and all the locals get in on their phones etc. ( the phones were out before I fell) I'm sure it's gonna end up on YouTube. The whole side of the vamp came out from under the foot bed.

I had a backup plan, which still included a different pair of killer heels - - - - - but damned!!!

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing an experience that we all fear will happen to us sooner or later.   Selfishly, I have so many questions.  How did you handle the situation, what were the reactions, were you nervous/did you panic....etc. 

11 hours ago, Heelster said:

I'm in the parking lot dressed to the nines in fishnets and a killer set of heels. - - -  I go down, road rash the knee

Looking for the feature on the six o'clock news.  Fishnets don't provide much protection, but they sure look good. :penitent:

I've had similar issues with a failing shoe and boot heel but neither resulted in a fall but I didn't have a backup so I had to hobble my way back to the car.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Heelster,

Too bad that happened but you had a backup pair! I always carry a pair in my handbag more so for change of mood but it could help in a situation like you had. Rocky Horror usually plays at night and cellphones don't usually take good night photos beyond 15 feet so your fears on people posting videos with anything distinct may be unfounded. I would say this though. I never wear a really high heel that I haven't tested somewhere else. ANother option is this: Went to a party once wearing 5.5" heels until I got to the venue then changed into 8" heels in parking lot where surfaces were uniform and smooth. You're better for the experience!  HappyinHeels

Walk to dinner at a wine bar was in broad daylight - - - Ding!!!

Went back to the car and changed quick - Yes there was another person with me to verify my event. No panic just kinda pissed. The locals at this street corner market were not being easy on me for sure, but sometimes you just have to ignore the assholes and proceed on - - that's pretty easy for me.

Lucky I had bandages in the car - - took 6 to cover it all.

After a review of the shoe failure, I have come to the conclusion it was the shoe. (I'll post a picture later) considering, No ankle injury at all. Once you see this, your gonna wonder.

Edited by Heelster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

@Heelster  You might consider one of these to carry with you, just in case. :penitent:

Glad the most serious injury from the tumble was your pride.

- - I don't think so !! If I'm in need of a cane, then I'm not walking to dinner regardless of the footwear!!!

My road rash knee hurts the most. Gonna be a pain for a few days.

Oh - - and The Warsaw Federal Incline theater is a nice Venue!!

38 minutes ago, wood&metal said:

I do so want to do that.. Not the "epic fail" of course, but do the whole get-up and go see Rocky Horror..

It was fun. Even with the change of attire, the skinny jeans and another pair of heels was a hit. Lots of compliments regarding the ability to even move in heels. (big platforms)

5 hours ago, Heelster said:

Oh - - and The Warsaw Federal Incline theater is a nice Venue!!

Thanks for the tip.  Price Hill is not my normal stomping ground and I didn't know the theater was there.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I agree, all this new phone technology is really a double edge sword.  The Columbian drug lords could take a lesson from the phone companies/Apple to learn more about creating the "perfect addiction"....

Glad you are OK Heelster, kudos to you for keeping your cool in a tough situation....