Sizing Advice

luuko

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post to this forum. I hope everyone is well.

I would like an opinion on the attached photo. These shoes are definitely too big and constantly slip. Both the half and full smaller size are available but I am not able to try them before buying them.

The gap at the back is not too big however the sides bulge out quite a bit when my full weight is on them. It is not a good look :-)

scaled.jpeg

Edited by luuko
Better Title

Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of a high arch so I read up on it a bit. From looking at images of it I would guess my feet are mostly normal.

I went ahead and ordered a pair a half size smaller. They are much better. There is still a slight gap between my heel and the shoe [more so on the right] but they seem to grip fine when I lift my feet now. The bulge at the side is also missing.

On 09/02/2017 at 1:46 AM, luuko said:

Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of a high arch so I read up on it a bit. From looking at images of it I would guess my feet are mostly normal.

I went ahead and ordered a pair a half size smaller. They are much better. There is still a slight gap between my heel and the shoe [more so on the right] but they seem to grip fine when I lift my feet now. The bulge at the side is also missing.

Good to hear that worked.

• 1 month later...

luuko,

I don't know your age or experience with heels but do advise you to try on the shoes you want in the store and not order from the internet. There is simply too much variation in shoes to guess from a  computer photo. Once you try on shoes in-person you will wonder why you didn't do it before. Ask anyone here. One thing to do is go to any shoe website and click the size info box. It usually shows sizes for US,Canada, UK, EU,Japan, and maybe Mexico. It also shows the measurement in inches or centimetres. Measure your foot and then select the next higher measurement in inches or cm. Buy the shoe which corresponds to that UK size.

There are indeed inserts and shoe stretchers to modify the fit. If nothing else most shoes are packed in tissue paper. Save some and put it where it is needed. A shoe 1/2 size too small can be stretched a 1/2 size bigger but you should have experience in this. If not then follow the other advice above. Buy what you want and not what you think you must settle for. HappyinHeels