Going to try going public again

Pointer7

Hi All,

After my heels at work experience, I'm going to try heels in the cinema. Once it goes dark I'm going to try the switch to heels, it's ideal for me as I am only a beginner and no one can see me. Not sure what I can try after this other than going out in public properly 

• Like 1

You could go to a super market early morning or late at night when it will be less busy. But then you are likely to be watched more because there are few other people shopping.

The busier it is the less likely people will notice. If your heels are noisy and you are on your own. Then people will know you are wearing heels. If you are in a busy supermarket it could be another shopper wearing heels, so people may not take the time to look and just keep shopping.

Sitting in a cafe etc can be a good next step. You can choose to sit in a place where few people will notice or sit where people will notice depending on how confident you are at the time.

• Like 2

Shopping and Starbucks is always good.  Here is what I have worn to the store and it's by far not what I wear on Friday or Saturday date night 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

O

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 5

Busy, open, well-lit places are best. Malls, busy parks, and railway stations are all good. Before you go anywhere, practice a lot so you're comfortable displaying good poise, balance, and expertise in walking. Walking in the house is not like walking outside. When you're comfortable with the image you display, then you can go anywhere. Most people are preoccupied with their lives and won't notice you (but teenage girls in packs will giggle - ignore them). Those who do notice will probably not say anything. I would caution you to stay away from dark places, like poorly lit streets and alleys, theaters, and bars, and especially late at night or early in the morning. The darkness may be attractive to you from the standpoint of stealth, but if you're caught, it's likely that whoever does the catching, will think you're ashamed, filled with guilt, etc. However, if you're in broad daylight in a busy place, that thought will never occur to anyone. Most women will see you as a confident male and you might even get a compliment! I know this advice seems opposite to what you think is comfortable, but if you want to succeed, stay in busy areas. If you don't, you might expect to find your name and photo in the newspaper - and not for a good reason.

Steve

• Like 4

On 24-1-2017 at 11:48 PM, hh4evr1 said:

You could go to a super market early morning or late at night when it will be less busy. But then you are likely to be watched more because there are few other people shopping.

The busier it is the less likely people will notice. If your heels are noisy and you are on your own. Then people will know you are wearing heels. If you are in a busy supermarket it could be another shopper wearing heels, so people may not take the time to look and just keep shopping

I always notice. Whenever I hear that clicking noise I become a regular heels seeking bloodhound. :cheeky:

• Like 2

On 1/24/2017 at 1:38 PM, Pointer7 said:

Hi All,

After my heels at work experience, I'm going to try heels in the cinema. Once it goes dark I'm going to try the switch to heels, it's ideal for me as I am only a beginner and no one can see me. Not sure what I can try after this other than going out in public properly 

@Steve63130 offers good advice.

Don't go to some dark secluded place that you probably wouldn't go to anyway.  Go to places where there are lots of people (like the old union slogan: There is strength in numbers).  But before you go anywhere, practice wearing your heels at home.  Practice until you can walk comfortably without thinking about what you are doing. Go up and down stairs, sit and stand, walk and turn.  The next step is to look at yourself in a full length mirror.  Make sure you like what you see and more important, that you are comfortable being seen like the image in the mirror.  That is a two step process; making sure you like the look you are presenting, and being comfortable enough with that look to present it to the public.  If you fail either of these tests, start over again with a different look.

You have to be able to present yourself in public with confidence!  If you go out with a "Yep, these are my shoes and I think they look good" attitude folks will recognize that and accept your presentation, and you may even get a compliment.  However, if you go out with an "I hope you don't look at my shoes" attitude folks will recognize that too and some folks are inclined to take advantage of it.

I wear thigh and OTK boots all the time.  I kind of feel undressed without them.  Folks do notice and I often got compliments.

Don't go out with the notion that "I can hide my heels or no one will see them."  People will see your heels.  Your attitude will determine how they react.  Admittedly most folks are so bound up with what they are doing that they don't notice the rest of the world going by.  I know for fact that some folks didn't notice that I was wearing thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels, but those that did also noticed my attitude and either smiled with an occasional "like your boots" or did nothing.

Wearing heels at the cinema is Ok but wear them in and out of the theater rather than changing once your inside.

Enjoy your heels.

:wavey:

• Like 5

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Pointer7,

I don't know why the movie theatre is one venue to which I haven't yet worn heels since I have worn heels in the downtown area of several cities and in several countries. I have worn them to malls, restaurants, and to other stores on general shopping trips. The more exposure the better. The busier the better as others say here. Wear what you want and go about your business and do it confidently and you'll see the difference!  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to wear your heels as you would wear any other shoes, just put them on and almost forget that you're wearing heels, that way you can be natural and not show any nerves or apprehension, go about your normal daily routine as you normally would and you'll be surprised how easy it is, show confidence and enjoy yourself 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

Don't be afraid to wear your heels as you would wear any other shoes, just put them on and almost forget that you're wearing heels, that way you can be natural and not show any nerves or apprehension, go about your normal daily routine as you normally would and you'll be surprised how easy it is, show confidence and enjoy yourself 

All new heelers should read this!   It really works.

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On January 25, 2017 at 6:43 AM, SF said:

Mr Cat, Who's taking the pictures??  Nice....  sf

Sometimes complete strangers, sometimes people who work at the store or place I am at sometimes my GF, sometimes I set a timer.    The easiest is just asking someone. Believe it or not I have actuall been turned down 2 times when I asked for someone to snap a picture of me. How rude!   I have had girls jump in the picture as eel as take on in there own phone!!!!   

• Like 1