harry connick jr in boots

pebblesf

That is pretty cool, but I am left wondering what the premise is, as this is only a clip, obviously. Also, if those really are 5.5 inch heels, those guys must have some pretty big feet. From my admittedly jaded point of view, they don't really look all that steep.

• Like 1

I am guessing it must have something to do with the musical Kinky Boots. The boots they are wearing are quite distinctive and look just like the ones in the theatre posters. And if those are five and a half inch heels they must have feet like Shaquille O'Neal

• Like 1

I can't view the first view, it's one of those 'not available for your country' vids. Goddamn copyrights mafia!

2nd vid I can't help escape the notion that it doesn't help the image of guys wanting to wear heels, but reinforce the idea that its a gay thing, as I'm getting a strong gay vibe from that guy.

• Like 2

Todrick surely have boot skills.  I'm thinking he and Harry have fairly large feet, which makes it seem like the heels are not 5".  I liked the fact that Harry didn't make a big deal of wearing the boots, and did pretty well with them without making the usual "fuss".  And yeah, I'm sure they are just plugging "Kinky Boots", but that is OK.  I'm thinking many guys might have watched a masculine guy like Harry wearing boots, secretly wishing they could give the boots a try. 

And yeah, Todrick does come off as "gay", but it really isn't fair of us to make that assumption just because he is a great dancer.  Needless to say, there are many straight guys who sing and dance.  Todrick is obviously in good shape and has worked hard at being so good at dancing in boots. 

Yes and now looking for style inspiration is rather unsafe.

" men in heels" keyword now leads (apart from freestyle) not only to well identified adult sites (easily avoided), but also to really inspiring posts of undefined (straight or not) guys in heels, mixed within the collection of pictures of gay tumblr owners who display unpleasant adult content here and there.

For example, I wanted to add a link to a picture like this when I discovered some disappointing addtions in the rest of the associated Tumblr. Thus no link.

• Like 1

Beyonce is one of Todricks inspirations can see the similarities in his performance in the video clip. As for Toderick being gay admitting his dating friends is rather obvious to many female performers who see him as a talented dancer, singer. 

As for this musical being some gateway projecting our daily lives is a stretch or some lesson for acceptance males in heels. Forget it people have their beliefs and nothing they see or you could say will change it. People trust their own sense of what they see from years of stereotypes and like minded opinions friends and family. Rarely do people become friendly accompany radical departures from their conservative belief system. Meaning, people hang out with same mindset of friends as they are, which often cements their beliefs seeing their friends agree with them. 

So whenever they see me coming people assume i must be gay because guys don't wear feminine clothes or at least any of their friends or associates. While opinions on how i look may vary to being gay, crossdresser, crazy, vulgar the consensus is usually keep away not someone i want to know or very least be seen with. 

Enjoy the play as it's meant for as entertainment or laughter at a high degree work of art.

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

The real problem with a straight guy wearing women's clothing and heels really is finding a female/woman/wife/girlfriend that understands and doesn't mind her "man" appearing in public similarly attired.

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

11 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

The real problem with a straight guy wearing women's clothing and heels really is finding a female/woman/wife/girlfriend that understands and doesn't mind her "man" appearing in public similarly attired.

Very very very true!!!    I am very fortunate as well !!!!

Edited by CAT
  • Like 1

One advantage for her is accepting her man dressed like this makes her unique.

Women like to be unique regarding fashion.

Also, she will be sure, as she is the only one accepting this yet (at least locally), that other women are not interested by her man.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

And us gay guys can have the same problem with our partners...